AP80 - Hidizs next portable Hi-Res music player
Jan 25, 2019 at 1:22 AM Post #2,551 of 4,614
[QUOTE = "PCgaming4ever, post: 14738586, membro: 501266"] Tradotto: quale cuffia mi raccomandi tra quelli testati in tuo possesso. Attualmente ho kz ed16 ma non sono soddisfatto

La prima domanda è qual è il tuo budget? [/ QUOTE]
100 dollars

Jan 25, 2019 at 7:00 AM Post #2,552 of 4,614
[QUOTE = "PCgaming4ever, post: 14738586, membro: 501266"] Tradotto: quale cuffia mi raccomandi tra quelli testati in tuo possesso. Attualmente ho kz ed16 ma non sono soddisfatto

La prima domanda è qual è il tuo budget? [/ QUOTE]
100 dollars

What kind of sound are you looking for, and what did you not like about KZ ED16?

Jan 25, 2019 at 12:07 PM Post #2,553 of 4,614
20190123_214701[1].jpg
Because of the flawed implementation of LDAC support on fw1.0.1, for some reason, after my Galaxy S8 stopped being able to properly stream audio to the AP80. The AP80 keeps forcing LDAC even if I had already turned off LDAC (on the paired devices menu of the S8) and "High Quality" on the AP80 BT settings.

The ES100 was on the queue of device purchases so this situation fast-tracked my plan to get it. Now, when I want to listen to hi-res audio, I stream audio from AP80 to the ES100, and then when I want to listen to podcasts and Spotify, I can quickly switch to the ES100.

Podcast support or just the capability to properly determine which ones I've already listened to versus what is still on-queue would be a welcome update to the firmware. I'm not sure how they would implement that on the AP80 given that if you are currently listening to a track on the AP80, even with Resume turned on, the moment you connect your AP80 to your computer to load audio files or connect to another device to utilize BT streaming, it loses the "Resume" information on the file that you were originally listening to on the device.

Jan 25, 2019 at 6:56 PM Post #2,554 of 4,614
Ever Wonder Why You Didn't Receive a Tracking # ?

I received my red AP80 in Dec. I never was asked if I wanted to change colors or wait for red, and I never received a tracking number. It just showed up one day in the PO. All is good with it, I like it.

Then on Jan 5 I received a notice that my AP80 had been shipped. The e-mail had my correct address and Kickstarter #. I was supplied a tracking number by Aftership that showed my AP80 had been shipped on Dec. 12. Today it was delivered to a hopefully happy user in Palm Coast Florida. I'll bet he was surprised because he didn't receive his tracking #, I did.

The Saga Continues

I received a second AP80 and leather case in the mail today! Hidizs definitely has had some shipping challenges with the AP-80. I told them to send me a pre-paid shipping label and I would send it back to them, or better still, send it on to some unfortunate customer who hasn't received their long awaited AP80.

:)

Jan 25, 2019 at 7:37 PM Post #2,555 of 4,614
The Saga Continues

I received a second AP80 and leather case in the mail today! Hidizs definitely has had some shipping challenges with the AP-80. I told them to send me a pre-paid shipping label and I would send it back to them, or better still, send it on to some unfortunate customer who hasn't received their long awaited AP80.

:)
You’re an honest dude.

Jan 25, 2019 at 10:48 PM Post #2,556 of 4,614
I only have 2 ears. If I had 4 I could use two AP80s and debate with myself whether to use the same or different headphones. Say one bright, and one bassy.

Seriously, I was taught to return what isn't yours. I know the world doesn't always work that way but it's what I do. Honest? Not sure. Hmmm, what would I do if it was a $3500 DAP? We'll never know. :beerchug:

Jan 25, 2019 at 11:47 PM Post #2,557 of 4,614
I only have 2 ears. If I had 4 I could use two AP80s and debate with myself whether to use the same or different headphones. Say one bright, and one bassy.

Seriously, I was taught to return what isn't yours. I know the world doesn't always work that way but it's what I do. Honest? Not sure. Hmmm, what would I do if it was a $3500 DAP? We'll never know. :beerchug:
Haha, funny. :) I bet they responded to immediately

Jan 26, 2019 at 4:38 AM Post #2,559 of 4,614
Hello, I received my Ap 80. Very nice sounding dap. I have one question, when I want to play musicby style, for example, Jazz, the player don’t seem to random misic in this stile (like it’s in commin) but open the Jazz files and let you play only the choosen file. Is there a way to play in random mode by style? Thank you.

Jan 26, 2019 at 4:18 PM Post #2,560 of 4,614
[QUOTE = "Dobrescu George, post: 14739158, membro: 170938"] Che tipo di suono stai cercando e cosa non ti è piaciuto di KZ ED16? [/ CITAZIONE]
Ho trovato un basso volume con poca enfasi sugli alti. Per prima cosa ho avuto un Dodocool di 106 accoppiato con il Kz che mi ha soddisfatto.
[QUOTE = "Dobrescu George, post: 14739158, membro: 170938"] Che tipo di suono stai cercando e cosa non ti è piaciuto di KZ ED16? [/ QUOTE]

Jan 26, 2019 at 11:33 PM Post #2,561 of 4,614
Hidizs support are useless. They finally replied to my email regarding my missing leather case and armband with the request to take a picture of what I received so that they can check their records and see what to do.

I know what a leather case is, and if I was trying to get a free leather case out of them I would just take a picture of everything apart from a leather case. It proves nothing apart from make this whole process more frustrating and prolonged than it needs to be.

I’m going to just shout into the void and tag @Hidizs Hk and @kenloveme in this. If one of you accidentally see this and feel like making this process less frustrating and not put the final nail into the coffin of my long running support in your company, you may do so and surprise me.

Jan 27, 2019 at 7:14 AM Post #2,562 of 4,614
Anybody using the AP 80 also using an older Windows OS like Vista 32 bit or XP? Does the unit work okay with Vista? I have an older computer that serves my basic purposes of emailing, adding music from CDs to an external hard drive, shopping, etc. So far I haven't had a real need to upgrade. However, a need for a better DAP might change that.:)
HIdizs recommends Windows 7 as oldest to use, but thought I would check to see if someone has any real world experience using with older systems. Thanks.

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2019 at 12:51 PM Post #2,563 of 4,614
Hidizs support are useless. They finally replied to my email regarding my missing leather case and armband with the request to take a picture of what I received so that they can check their records and see what to do.

I know what a leather case is, and if I was trying to get a free leather case out of them I would just take a picture of everything apart from a leather case. It proves nothing apart from make this whole process more frustrating and prolonged than it needs to be.

I’m going to just shout into the void and tag @Hidizs Hk and @kenloveme in this. If one of you accidentally see this and feel like making this process less frustrating and not put the final nail into the coffin of my long running support in your company, you may do so and surprise me.
Maybe they just want to see the packaging, you know, more than the device you recieved (maybe they use different packaging with/without the leather case)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back