AP80 - Hidizs next portable Hi-Res music player
Jan 23, 2019 at 4:12 PM Post #2,536 of 4,614
I'm pretty sure we won't see Ken or any other Hidizs employee until they start their next KickStarter campaign. They haven't updated the AP60II firmware since June 2018, and that firmware has some pretty simple fixes that they need to do (turning the clock off does not turn the clock off, for example). I expect to never get podcast support.
Sadly, Sounds about right...
Unless HIBY adds Podcast Support to their HIBY-MUSIC App, there is zero chance of HIDIZS implementing on their own.

Jan 23, 2019 at 4:20 PM Post #2,537 of 4,614
Unfortunately, it may be "too little too late". Asside from other problems, they picked a poor shipper PX4 to deliver their packages. It took 10 days for the package to get on a Plane in HK, 1 Day to get to Newark Airport near New York City, And then 3 weeks to get to me in Pennsylvania, near Philadelphia.
Luckily mine arrived last week. I feel bad for the couple 500 still waiting. And feel worse that there are270 folks where Hidizs is "verifying with team..." Really? Don't even know where 277 are? Not contacting shipper, or missing address for those 277? Wow...

I agree with this. It's been too little too late for the backers that have been left out in the cold on their orders. Especially when it's available on Amazon and in many colors, all except red. Guess the red color just has a major issues for some reason or another.

As for podcast support, yeah I doubt that will ever happen. Heck even a new firmware might be a pipe dream anymore.

Jan 23, 2019 at 5:47 PM Post #2,538 of 4,614
Unfortunately, it may be "too little too late". Asside from other problems, they picked a poor shipper PX4 to deliver their packages. It took 10 days for the package to get on a Plane in HK, 1 Day to get to Newark Airport near New York City, And then 3 weeks to get to me in Pennsylvania, near Philadelphia.
Luckily mine arrived last week. I feel bad for the couple 500 still waiting. And feel worse that there are270 folks where Hidizs is "verifying with team..." Really? Don't even know where 277 are? Not contacting shipper, or missing address for those 277? Wow...
Totally agree it is "too little too late"!
It is a shame companies do not understand how hard it is to win customers trust, and how easy it is to lose it by miscommunication...

Jan 23, 2019 at 5:56 PM Post #2,539 of 4,614
I'm pretty sure we won't see Ken or any other Hidizs employee until they start their next KickStarter campaign. They haven't updated the AP60II firmware since June 2018, and that firmware has some pretty simple fixes that they need to do (turning the clock off does not turn the clock off, for example). I expect to never get podcast support.

As for podcast support, yeah I doubt that will ever happen. Heck even a new firmware might be a pipe dream anymore.
Unfortunately, you guys are probably right, but hey - maybe Ken would come back from the alternate dimension he was sucked into, and surprise us all with new FW that adds audiobook and podcast support :wink:

People got good memory - if Hidizs won't deliver promised features, they would lose future customers!
In recent past, HiBy delivered as promised, and I will buy from them again. Same for FiiO.
Hidizs - let's see if you get on my "good" list or "naughty" list for future products :darthsmile:

Jan 24, 2019 at 1:20 AM Post #2,540 of 4,614
Hey guys, How do I enable bi-directional bluetooth ? The idea was for me to stream spotify from my phone to the AP80 , then to my bluetooth headphones. I looked around for details in the manual etc and couldn't find anything on how this could work.

Jan 24, 2019 at 2:20 AM Post #2,541 of 4,614
Hey guys, How do I enable bi-directional bluetooth ? The idea was for me to stream spotify from my phone to the AP80 , then to my bluetooth headphones. I looked around for details in the manual etc and couldn't find anything on how this could work.

My understanding here is that you want to do this:

BT Headphones <----BT---- AP80 <----BT---- Smartphone

That wouldn't work, or at least there is nothing inside the AP80 that allows this to work. First, AP80 doesn't appear to support BT5.0 to allow being able to connect to two devices simultaneously. When you stream media from your smartphone to your AP80, everything else is inaccessible, meaning there's no quick switch between smartphone audio streaming and the built-in Hiby player.

When Hidizs says bi-directional, they mean you can transmit audio to a bluetooth device like BT speakers or BT headphones, OR receive audio from a smartphone or other device via bluetooth and output to the 3.5mm jack.

Jan 24, 2019 at 6:10 AM Post #2,542 of 4,614
Hey all, was wondering if those who use the Seeds or have used them, did you ever have problems with some of the cable unbraiding? On the left side near where it connects to the bud it has a looser braid than on the other side. I've tried twisting it back but when it loops my ear it loosens upagain. I thought about using alittle bit of tape to stop it from going any further. How can it be fixed?

Jan 24, 2019 at 1:37 PM Post #2,543 of 4,614
Unfortunately, it may be "too little too late".

It definitely is way too late to try and fix this mess. And my AP80 is pretty useless to me as it doesn't support volume control via in-line remotes. Seems nobody is testing the basics there?
Maybe a FW update could fix the issue but I'd be more than surprised to see this happen.

I'll never touch anything by Hidizs again, haha.

Jan 24, 2019 at 1:45 PM Post #2,544 of 4,614
same here. ive been closely watching hoping for a new firmware but the only one listed is still the beta firmware. i didnt buy this to run beta firmware and be a tester. i would have thought by now they would have released something new. besides NONE of my emails to them have ever been answered to this point. def done with hidiz after all this, and i can say i think i would love this thing if there were not simple stupid things.

Jan 24, 2019 at 5:21 PM Post #2,546 of 4,614
20190124_164420.jpg
After seeing all the negativity surrounding this player (rightly so due to the Kickstarter and hardware issues) and since I've had a completely opposite experience I figured I'd post my thoughts. I've been using this for a full day and I'm absolutely loving this dap. So I'll start with the actual sound quality. First power output seems just slightly lower than my m0 but still perfectly fine. I normally listen on volume 14 on my M0 and on this I listen at 17. The sound quality is about the same although I'll have to test them side by side to tell any noticable differences. The one thing I did notice was the soundstage seems bigger. The equilizer is great on this it's nice going from the M0 without anything to the AP80 which has tons of options. This brings me into the software side of things. I would say it's pretty good but has some bugs. The main bug I ran into was when I turned off the equilizer it kept those settings till I rebooted. As for the touchscreen sensitivity issue I see reported alot I would say 1 out of every maybe 20 or 30 times does it not register my input. Which isn't a noticable amount more than my M0 would mess up (more likely that was a small touchscreen big fingers issue) There is however some input lag when opening thet player up but like I said very few instances of it not registering my input at all. Hardware wise mine is solid. Buttons all work well, the spring on the power button is stiff and never turned on in my pocket, and the wheel barely has any woble definitely not enough that it concerns me. Also battery life is absolutely great I used it for about 6 hours today and it's just barely dropped below 75% my M0 would be at like 35 or 40% by now. I just figured since everyone was posting issues about their devices I'd post how mine is fine. It's easy to get lost in post of unhappy people because those people complain the most and rightfully so but it's good to also talk about the good experiences.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back