AP80 - Hidizs next portable Hi-Res music player
Nov 30, 2018 at 6:37 PM Post #1,668 of 4,614
This made me smile in real life :)

---

I am curious, the people who got that mail were people who ordered the red version?

I only saw the black version so far, and it was fairly solid :)

Hi George, FYI... I backed the kickstarter and "ordered" the RED; But did not receive the recent email asking if I wanted to change to a Black or Gray Model.
- I am in USA, and supposedly "all the USA Kickstarter AP80's shipped to a USA Warehouse". Don't know how many red customers were sent the email. And whether location makes any difference?

- Anyway, waiting for HIDIZS to ship the AP80s from their "mystery" warehouse somewhere in the USA. With zero communication from Ken the marketing manager from Hidizs, have no idea when to expect. Hope to get before end of the year.

Do you as a "reviewer" have any better communication with HIDIZS?

Nov 30, 2018 at 7:12 PM Post #1,669 of 4,614
Hmmm. I ordered a RED model for USA delivery. I didn't receive the e-mail offering me an alternative color. I wonder if that means that I will get a red one in the first batch. Sure would be nice to know. That said I just finished a long trip using my Shanling M0 and it worked just fine. I can wait.

Nov 30, 2018 at 7:51 PM Post #1,670 of 4,614
I'm backer #92 for the Red version and have not received any email from them since I answered their survey. Their lack of transparency has made me really disappointed and upset. Specially now that non backers have already bought from local sellers and already received their units. Makes my blood boil and say What Hidizs!

Nov 30, 2018 at 8:53 PM Post #1,671 of 4,614
Hi George, FYI... I backed the kickstarter and "ordered" the RED; But did not receive the recent email asking if I wanted to change to a Black or Gray Model.
- I am in USA, and supposedly "all the USA Kickstarter AP80's shipped to a USA Warehouse". Don't know how many red customers were sent the email. And whether location makes any difference?

- Anyway, waiting for HIDIZS to ship the AP80s from their "mystery" warehouse somewhere in the USA. With zero communication from Ken the marketing manager from Hidizs, have no idea when to expect. Hope to get before end of the year.

Nope, I don't have access to much more info...

Dec 1, 2018 at 3:15 AM Post #1,673 of 4,614

I would try to ask Ken again, I've also ordered red version...

Dec 1, 2018 at 3:41 AM Post #1,674 of 4,614
I'm backer #92 for the Red version and have not received any email from them since I answered their survey. Their lack of transparency has made me really disappointed and upset. Specially now that non backers have already bought from local sellers and already received their units. Makes my blood boil and say What Hidizs!
That is really disappointing. It's kinda unfair that you patiently wait for your unit to be delivered, and then suddenly your local store already has stocks of them. What's more disappointing is the price of the AP80's they sell is quite close to the Kickstarter price (yes, I also saw those people who bought their AP80s on a Filipino Facebook group. Exhibit [1], [2], [3], [4]).

I would try to ask Ken again, I've also ordered red version...
I doubt that we will hear anything from Ken at this point LOL.

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2018 at 3:58 AM Post #1,675 of 4,614

After my experiences with hiby I'm out funding any kickstarter products. I'll wait until supply hits stores or pick something else. There's too much choice around now to worry about things like this.

Good luck getting yours (no I didn't order one).

Dec 1, 2018 at 4:53 AM Post #1,676 of 4,614
Customer service worldwide in all product sectors is now s**t tbh.
Too many customers and not enough genuine vendors. All the hacks drive the prices down to make quick eBay sales so good resellers with actual helpful people can’t compete and go out of business.
All Hiby had to do was write a blanket email saying all backer’s AP80’s were delayed. Sorry for the wait.

Dec 1, 2018 at 7:45 AM Post #1,679 of 4,614
hmm, maybe Ken was right! :)
Or may he isn't.
who cares.
Dunno, but one thing's for sure he seems to have stopped replying in this thread. The last time he posted here was November 26.

Maybe the product listings of AP80 in AliExpress were gone because Hidizs told those sellers to stop selling them for the mean time because many backers are upset right now, haha! Just my guess...

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2018 at 8:25 AM Post #1,680 of 4,614
Let's just pretend they said delivery to be December.

The best idea really, no use worrying anymore it’s all up to Hidizs and the postal gods.

I got a PM from Ken Tuesday saying they were shipping out my unit express and I asked him from China or US? No reply of course so who knows.

If it was in the US I would have had it Wednesday because 20 dollars buys overnight shipping from anywhere in the US.

Assuming they really are in the US.

No news on Kickstarter either. Best to forget about it lol. One last thing, Hidizs will never get another red cent from me again.

I am looking forward to see what people think about it though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back