AP80 - Hidizs next portable Hi-Res music player
Nov 30, 2018 at 10:00 AM Post #1,636 of 4,614
I kinda experienced that too when I bought something from AliExpress. I also used DHL at that time, too. The seller gave me a DHL tracking number, then the following day, they gave me an actual working DHL tracking number. From what I read here, it seems to be common practice in AliExpress.

I myself bought 2 Shanlings from Ali Express and everything was fine. Real tracking numbers and everything:wink: They have a lot of sellers though, mine was Shenzhen audio and they were really good of course ymmv.

Oh, and I’m not going to be butthurt if you say negative things about them because that’s what you experienced and it’s your opinion :wink:

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2018 at 10:10 AM Post #1,639 of 4,614
Wow, more than 12 hours have passed since I posted here, and it seems things have blew up suddenly. Well, that escalated quickly, as they said.

This is the last time I will post like this. I dunno why they're making a big deal out of some users voicing out their displeasure on how Hidizs is handling things. Are we on an authoritarian forum? I believe things like constructive criticism is necessary for companies like Hidizs if they want to grow into a better company. From what I see, they seemed to have never learned on their AP200 campaign. In fact, one of the early reviewers of AP80, Bad Guy Good Audio Reviews, encourages people to speak out their concerns (as he mentioned on his Hiby R3 vs AP80 comparison video below, at around 15:00), as something like this has also happened in Hidizs' AP200 campaign (he also stated this on his video).

Lol Yes I don’t get why people can’t accept that Hidizs hasn’t really done a great job on keeping us abreast and on being transparent. The one was saying we don’t have enough info to bash or criticize them.

That’s been the whole problem, hasn’t it? We really don’t know what the hell is going on, just some vague promises.

Nov 30, 2018 at 10:21 AM Post #1,641 of 4,614
Sucker? No, but you have clearly said that you don't mind if they have lied.

That's why I said "maybe". I'm not sure that he lied. Maybe he did. He's a rep who probably is acting on the best info he has been given. I have a good feeling we will all have our Ap80s soon. If we don't, something is seriously wrong. I'm willing to wait, it's just a couple weeks late.

Nov 30, 2018 at 10:24 AM Post #1,642 of 4,614
what im most annoyed about is buying one for a christmas gift for someone since hidiz swore they would be ready to ship by now i had hopes of having one for someone for a gift but looks like ill have to look elsewhere no to have something im time or at least to be sure i will have something in time. ive sent an email also which has gone unanswered to this point.

Nov 30, 2018 at 11:16 AM Post #1,644 of 4,614
That's been my experience. I always choose DHL, then I get a fake tracking number, followed by the real DHL tracking number. Did you use express or regular shipping?
I'm in the US and have always chosen just the regular free shipping. I know that some delivery services use a different mail service while in China before it gets out of their country. Maybe that's what your first tracking number is?

Nov 30, 2018 at 11:29 AM Post #1,645 of 4,614
Oh, and I’m not going to be butthurt if you say negative things about them because that’s what you experienced and it’s your opinion :wink:
Eh?Chill, dude. Don't worry, I'm not like the others here who would police posts that speak out displeasure on stuff. I'm just telling my own experience on AliExpress and tracking numbers. XD So far, my experience on AliExpress is great, overall. It pays to check the positive feedback rate of the seller first before proceeding on buying something. Maybe the others have haphazardly bought on a seller there without checking their overall positive feedback rate first, LOL.

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2018 at 11:36 AM Post #1,646 of 4,614
Eh?Chill, dude. Don't worry, I'm not like the others here who would police posts that speak out displeasure on stuff. I'm just telling my own experience on AliExpress and tracking numbers. XD

Mono lol that wasn’t directed at you in any way- that was for the 2 butthurt people yesterday :wink: Unlike them I respect other people’s opinions even if they differ from mine. Sorry if you took it wrong my friend:)

I can only go with what I’ve experienced, and my 2 transactions with them were positive. I really think it depends on the specific seller you get on Ali.

Oh yes I was quoting you- no I meant that for any forum Nazis, I guess I should have posted it separately ha ha.

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2018 at 11:46 AM Post #1,647 of 4,614
Curious to find out how many on the board will end up recieving the email I got from Hidizs.
Judging from the Kickstarter comments, it looks like backer numbers ranging from #1 to #600+ already got the email.

Mono lol that wasn’t directed at you in any way- that was for the 2 butthurt people yesterday :wink: Unlike them I respect other people’s opinions even if they differ from mine. Sorry if you took it wrong my friend:)

I can only go with what I’ve experienced, and my 2 transactions with them were positive. I really think it depends on the specific seller you get on Ali.

Oh yes I was quoting you- no I meant that for any forum Nazis, I guess I should have posted it separately ha ha.
No worries. It's OK, bro, haha! :wink:

And yeah, it pays to check the overall positive feedback rate of a seller first before proceeding on purchasing on AliExpress.

what im most annoyed about is buying one for a christmas gift for someone since hidiz swore they would be ready to ship by now i had hopes of having one for someone for a gift but looks like ill have to look elsewhere no to have something im time or at least to be sure i will have something in time. ive sent an email also which has gone unanswered to this point.
Well, at this rate, consider it already as a New Year's gift.

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2018 at 12:15 PM Post #1,650 of 4,614
Not really... Around #200 here and not a sign!
So...I guess it's random? Maybe they were actually sending emails according to location, like they said previously. So far, I haven't received any emails from them lately.

Hidizs where are yooooooooooou?
Uh huh. Just noticed they have been quiet lately, both here and in Kickstarter.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back