1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

AP80 - Hidizs next portable Hi-Res music player

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by IryxBRO, Apr 24, 2018.
First

Back
98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107
109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118
Next

Last
  1. mono-type
    At least you got an email from Hidizs. I don't get any messages from them at all lately (maybe because I backed the project a bit late? My backer number is #1981.)

Personally, if there's really a shortage, then it's no issue for me to change it to black, in the event I also receive that email (if I ever receive that email LOL).

Now I could connect the dots now. They're making various inconsistent excuses now because they prioritized the retailers first than us backers. Disappointing, but it looks like our doubts seems like reality now.

Yes, they know we can't get a refund, so they did all these and those. Of course, Christmas is nearby. More opportunity to earn profit. Unfair, yes, but there's nothing we can do now but accept the reality and wait for them to ship out. *sigh*

Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
  2. Zeo-Gold92
    the email I received. (I hope it attached properly, apologies if it didn't, using my phone)

3. Volcomnator999
    I placed an order on Hidizs website and then cancelled. I ordered through Aliexpress and I already got tracking yesterday.

mono-type likes this.
  4. mono-type
    Ha ha! Looks like the most reliable and fastest way to get an AP80 now is from AliExpress and your local sellers in your area (if they have them, just like in the Philippines). How ironic that it's faster from the AliExpress third-party sellers (that Hidizs claims and insists to be "fake"; they're not) to get a tracking number compared to Hidizs' own store.

5. mono-type
    I don't see anything on my end.

6. crezo
    Keep us posted on tracking, sometimes a tracking number doesn't always mean it's actually shipped, as I've had pre orders before when I got a tracking number but it was then weeks till it actually moved anywhere as they just generated a shipping label. Hopefully I'm wrong and you're one of the first to get your hands on one - then you can let us all know what you think of it!

Keep us posted though if the tracking updates to it moving :wink:

acroyear, FSTOP and GuywhoLikesHIFI like this.
  7. abitdeef
    I send out packages everyday, and as soon as I select the shipping method it generates a tracking# and sends it to their email automatically. Even before I physically post the package. Of course I realize this is a larger amount and international, but it’s frankly puzzling as why nobody has one yet.

Well no backers at least lol.

8. Zeo-Gold92
    wp_ss_20181130_0001.png

GuywhoLikesHIFI and mono-type like this.
  9. mono-type
    So, quality control issues is the reason why there is a supposed shortage of the red AP80's, huh? It's nice to see Hidizs is at least taking QC seriously.

GuywhoLikesHIFI, Zeo-Gold92 and crezo like this.
  10. GuywhoLikesHIFI
    (some of you) Guys, the sort of Hidizs bashing in here is uncalled for and childish. Aliexpress sellers lie all the time, and frequently give out fake tracking numbers.
    Even if it is true that some retailers got a handful, what does it matter? They might be the rejected QC ones, or maybe the sellers preordered them too and got them faster due to location. There are too many unknowns to be making malevolent conclusions about whats going on. Still, we have one day left. Maybe everyone will get their numbers right at the end of the month. :)

Get a job, or another hobby or something. As much as I love Audio tech stuffs, It's a hobby of consumption, not creativity and construction. You might not have the time to post salty comments on an internet forum.
    1522247328178.jpg
    Chill out

trellus, organofcorti, crezo and 2 others like this.
  11. abitdeef
    Wow, why on earth do you care? Who the f are you to tell people to chill out because YOU think it’s uncalled for? I own my own business, and I’m pretty sure 99% of the people on the forum are employed.

Get a job? Lol What a presumptuous statement.

12. abitdeef
    Look as long as people are not breaking forum rules, they can say what they want. Everybody’s opinion is valid and we have free speech here still as far as I know. :wink:

In my opinion Hidizs hasn’t handled things very well and hasn’t been very transparent. And I don’t care who’s delicate sensibilities I upset- bottom line I’m going to say what I think.

I think maybe Hidizs can maybe even learn something in the process, hopefully. And yes it’s great they’re not sending out ‘bum’ units.

mono-type and ballog like this.
  13. FSTOP
    Abitdeef, what is your job? It must be nice to have so much free time to constantly be on headfi nonstop bashing people you've never met. And what are you sending out in packages every day?
    We already know that you are going to "say what you think," but what about thinking about what you say instead.
    This is childish behavior and all you are doing is letting everyone know what kind of person you truly are.
    We all want our new "toy" as soon as possible, but why be so devisive and hurtful?

14. abitdeef
    Who am I bashing? I found his post condescending and presumptuous. I didn’t appreciate it, I’m talking about a ‘company’ not an individual. I don’t understand why people get so butthurt over that? You wan’t to give Hidisz a free pass- be my guest.

And you must be a genius judging what kind of person somebody is by a few posts on an audio forum. I’d say that’s very childish and foolish.

ballog likes this.
  15. acroyear
    Fwiw, I have ordered from AliExpress several times. I never once received an accurate tracking number until at least 3-9 days after getting a FAKE tracking number. That's what they usually do. Sellers there frequently give you a phony tracking number, then you get a real one later. I'm excited and not pissed off about getting my Ap80 in early December. I knew there would be delays from the start. Just the way it usually is with small companies in HiFi audio. Did Ken lie ever? Maybe he did. Will we get our players soon? Yes.

organofcorti and GuywhoLikesHIFI like this.
First

Back
98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107
109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118
Next

Last