1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

AP80 - Hidizs next portable Hi-Res music player

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by IryxBRO, Apr 24, 2018.
First

Back
104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113
115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124
Next

Last
  1. mono-type
    That's what I've thought, too when they mentioned Amazon.

2. djricekcn
    coming from Amazon as in the horrible and crappy Amazon's own courier? or it's being shipped from Amazon warehouse but with UPS / FED EX?

3. EvilJesus
    According to those on the Kickstarter page they are coming USPS and in Amazon boxes.

4. Luhar
  5. acroyear
    If they don't send me a tracking number I won't be able to get mine. I'll have to purchase it AGAIN from somewhere else.

6. scottm18
    I was just informed have a UPS package coming via Amazon tomorrow...butI have not ordered anything from them. Could it be the AP80 finally

acroyear likes this.
  7. scottm18
    coming from Amazon as in the horrible and crappy Amazon's own courier?

...you mean the ones that show up in the beat-up minivans that look like they're from the dregs of society. Those deliverers? :)

8. silverfishla
    I still don’t quite believe the shipping stats that Hidizs has intimated. HK was sent first, yet there seems to be posters on KS from HK that have not received unis. USA are starting to receive units, but did they really fulfill all of them (yet to be seen). Yet, some units have showed up in the Philippines, somehow.
    Some seem to have gotten shipping notifications in the US and some did not (those who received them). No photos from Hidizs of massive amounts of units produced and packaged. Who knows, really?

9. abitdeef
    Would think it’s a very good chance, did they email you? I’ve heard nothing, but people in my area have recieved theirs. I’ve only heard one person say they had tracking, the other packages just showed up.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
  10. djricekcn
    How was the email sent and from who?

11. Fullylocked7937
    Good evening everyone,

I need a bit of help/guidance. I received my AP80 yesterday and I hooked it up to my PC and dragged over my music folders onto it. the transfer went fine with no hiccups. The issue I am having is when I do the scan it shows me that it is seeing 1702 music files. but it does not get past that screen and it would freeze and lock up which I then have to power the device down to clear it. Is there something else that I should be doing first or is there a certain folder structure that I have to make? I appreciate the help and thank you, everyone.

abitdeef likes this.
  12. abitdeef
    Hello and welcome, can you play any music on the unit at all? Did you format the card in the AP80 before you transferred the files?

You can use any file structure you want and that can be accessed under ‘file’ view. The data scan is to scan the files for Artist, Album, Genre and create a database so you can find music under those parameters. Unless your files tags are a complete mess or it doesn’t like your card I don’t know what could be the problem.

You could format the card again, and use a card reader and transfer the files directly to the msd card before you put it in the AP80 and update the database. A pain I know but..,

Hidizs would probably know more, but they are um mia at this point. Is it a name brand card?

Sougouk and AndySocial like this.
  13. Fullylocked7937
    Hi,
    Thank you for responding and helping me out. if I do a manual search I find all the tracks and I am able to play them. But the scan feature to that they show up normally gets stuck/freezes.
    Honestly, I did not do any formatting of the sd card. I just took a new card installed it into the unit and connected it to my PC. I will try your suggestion and format the card from within the unit. Then attempt to transfer my files again.

14. mono-type
    From what I've read somewhere, the microSD card should be formatted to FAT32 according to Hidizs themselves. You will need this tool: http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm

This tool is necessary since Windows by itself only format microSDHC cards in FAT32 file system from up to 32GB only. This tool bypasses that limitation so you could format microSDXC cards to 64GB and above using FAT32. When you use this tool, select the drive letter of your microSD card, set your allocation unit size to 4096, make sure "Quick Format" is checked, then start formatting. This is what i use on my two 128GB cards on my Xduoo DAPs (primarily for Rockbox use, since RB doesn't recognize cards that aren't formatted in FAT32). Give it a try, and see if this will solve your issue.

A bit of a warning regarding FAT32 file system, though : If you're planning to use DSD files which are 4GB and above, better use a different file system like exFAT. FAT32 only has a file size limit of 4GB, meaning you can't put files larger than 4GB in there.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
    crashtest33, Sougouk and abitdeef like this.
  15. abitdeef
    NP at all :) the card should be formatted to fat 32 I belive and when you stick a blank card into the unit it usually (not always) asks if you want to format it. There definitely is an option to format the card on the player.

By formatting the card on the player, you’re assured it’s formatted to the correct protocol. Sometimes it matters, sometimes it doesn’t- but it can’t hurt to try.

Like I said only other thing is if one of more of your files is messing the database scan up. If they’re properly tagged it should be no problem. Also after more people get the unit we will know more, could be a bug.

First

Back
104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113
115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124
Next

Last