AP80 - Hidizs next portable Hi-Res music player
Sep 6, 2018 at 2:13 AM Post #751 of 4,614
For ap80, the screen quality is great even if it does not beat some of the other DAP's screen.

For the size if I would like to use it for running and exercise. I wwoul be much happier if the ap80 puts that habit into me!!
personally don't think screen quality matters much long as i'm able to see the album cover...not like i'm going to watch movies on it. I wouldn't mind if it's in the quality of the older cellphones or portable gaming consoles.

Sep 6, 2018 at 2:19 AM Post #752 of 4,614
Last edited:
Sep 6, 2018 at 2:25 AM Post #753 of 4,614
Is there any news on whether this player will have the option for bit-perfect output via usb?

@kenloveme I think this is is an important point that should not be forgotten.
lot's of folk will want to use this little player with a big screen as a transport for an external dac.

could you please look into this ? merci

PS: tu es où en France ?

Sep 6, 2018 at 3:03 AM Post #755 of 4,614
Does the database/category mode have a file limit? I know that file limits in folder mode is pretty much a non-issue, since that's just an OS thing and it's a bit silly to ponder a single directory with 20,000 songs in it.
@AndySocial There is actually a limit you for the category mode but it is not really an issue as you said, because you can easily bypass that by actually splitting your songs in different folders so it shouldn't be an issue :)

Sep 6, 2018 at 3:07 AM Post #756 of 4,614
For ap80, the screen quality is great even if it does not beat some of the other DAP's screen.

For the size if I would like to use it for running and exercise. I wwoul be much happier if the ap80 puts that habit into me!!

@Ashish100 Thanks for your support! If you want to run, then the pledge with the leather case is the one for you :). Tbh, I also run quite a lot, I enjoy that the most while listening to music. You know, you can put some very lively or strong songs to motivate you even more! It works for me at least haha. The AP80 will do its job very well by offering you the sound quality you want, the rest is up to you! :) Good luck haha!

Sep 6, 2018 at 3:10 AM Post #757 of 4,614
I'm backer 1653.
Really hopeful that this will be an amazing value Dap. I hope it beats the Cayin N3! :dt880smile:
@GuywhoLikesHIFI Thank you for backing us up! :D It will be for sure! You can look at the video reviews from the pro-audiophiles on Head-fi. It has a very positive reception so far :)

Sep 6, 2018 at 3:14 AM Post #758 of 4,614
Is there any news on whether this player will have the option for bit-perfect output via usb?

@kenloveme I think this is is an important point that should not be forgotten.
lot's of folk will want to use this little player with a big screen as a transport for an external dac.

could you please look into this ? merci

PS: tu es où en France ?

@kwangomango @cazone The AP80 can be used as an external DAC :).

Je suis de Paris comme toi! :) (YOUHOU)

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2018 at 4:27 AM Post #762 of 4,614
Have you experienced both balanced and unbalanced for the seeds? Any differences for you? Opinion?

Yes, I have both versions and both are checked with Hidizs Sonata DH1000 external DAC&AMP which has both types of outputs.

Despite slightly different tech. chars of 2.5 and 3.5 versions of Seeds - the only differences that have been spotted by me mostly relate to Sonata DH1000 performance in unbalalnced and balanced circuits (bit more ch separation, a bit more power and a bit less noise for balanced output). But in overall - sound picture is the same, SQ is high, very good details, natural and neutral sound with very small tendency to brighter side.

Sep 6, 2018 at 5:34 AM Post #763 of 4,614
@Ashish100 Thanks for your support! If you want to run, then the pledge with the leather case is the one for you :). Tbh, I also run quite a lot, I enjoy that the most while listening to music. You know, you can put some very lively or strong songs to motivate you even more! It works for me at least haha. The AP80 will do its job very well by offering you the sound quality you want, the rest is up to you! :) Good luck haha!
I am already a backer and with a case!!
I

Sep 6, 2018 at 5:40 AM Post #764 of 4,614
I am already a backer and with a case!!
I
My bad then! haha and thanks for supporting us! :D you can still warm up and get ready for running before the AP80 comes to you haha :wink:

Sep 6, 2018 at 11:22 AM Post #765 of 4,614
@AndySocial There is actually a limit you for the category mode but it is not really an issue as you said, because you can easily bypass that by actually splitting your songs in different folders so it shouldn't be an issue :)

That sounds a little off. It's not a problem in folder browse mode, but it sounds like it could definitely be a problem if someone actually wants to use the category database mode. Especially since it looks like M3U playlists are finally going to be functional in the category menu, the folder browse mode loses some of its appeal for those who aren't full-album listeners. If the database can only handle 15,000 tracks, a 400 GB or 1 TB storage medium becomes a lot less useful for those who don't use exclusively massive DSD files.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back