AP80 - Hidizs next portable Hi-Res music player
Aug 27, 2018 at 11:38 AM Post #467 of 4,614
Since the AP80 does not have any internal storage, I thought that both linux HiBy OS and music would have to be stored on the external SD card thus sharing the space...
Ok, the microSD card is purely for the music files!

Aug 27, 2018 at 11:52 AM Post #468 of 4,614
Since the AP80 does not have any internal storage, I thought that both linux HiBy OS and music would have to be stored on the external SD card thus sharing the space...
Ok, the microSD card is purely for the music files!

There is a system drive in AP80 but is not visible for a user. All system files are stored there. The only thing that you use microSD card for apart from music - is placing .upt file if there is an update. Maybe, some user playlists and profiles are also stored on external card but it would consume very small space...

Aug 27, 2018 at 1:04 PM Post #472 of 4,614
  • EQ: 10band, +/-12dB, 8 presets
I wouldn't call it parametric comapring to studio equipment or DAW plugins, but more than simple Low, Mid, High levels. No control over bandwidth or ratio of center frequency to bandwidth.
Thank you. Parametric would be beneficial for use with iSines etc. Too bad there is no way to use Android add on applications.

Aug 27, 2018 at 1:36 PM Post #473 of 4,614
my 1st pledge on KS (#750), Now the wait begins, would be paring it with T2 and FH5.

Aug 27, 2018 at 4:13 PM Post #475 of 4,614
I have now also pledged. Looking forward to test against Shanling M0 myself :wink: Thanks @ItyxBRO for great review.
I use M0 pretty exclusively as LDAC transport for my Huawei P20Pro. It actually sounds pretty good with Beyerdynamic Xelento which are quite sensitive and help detect hiss everywere :) Shanling passes the "hiss test". I still like the soind out of LG G7 better but I don't like having 2 smartphones. Huawei ist just far more superior in camera and screen (sorry for offtop). Maybe this will change with LG V40, let's see. And having dedicated DAP is somehow different.

So LDAC support is a must for me, good to read that it's on a way.

Would be also interesting to read Hiby R3 vs AP80 comparison. Also how would AP position against Shanling M5s? I assume different class?

Aug 28, 2018 at 1:51 AM Post #480 of 4,614
Hi, is it possible to use phone as a music source and connect to AP80 wirelessly through Bluetooth , and headphones to AP80?
In other words,
phone(spotify) bluetooth --> AP80 --> iem
At least this is possible with Shanling M0 and Hiby R3. And as bi-directional Bluetooth connectivity including LDAC support has been confirmed I would assume same will be implemented with AP80.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back