AP80 - Hidizs next portable Hi-Res music player
Aug 27, 2018 at 5:58 AM Post #452 of 4,614
Thanks for the replies/comments!

In case I missed it: is there a lock function/button in case the screen and/or buttons are manipulated inadvertently?

@okinear You are welcome! :D feel free to ask anything! Yes! The lock button is situated on the wheel. You just have to press on it :), you will see I am actually unlocking the AP80 on the video :D

Aug 27, 2018 at 6:38 AM Post #454 of 4,614
Like @IryxBRO did, I thought it would be interesting to show to you all the possible swipe shortcuts you could do on the AP80 to make your experience easier. :D, So here is the video:

TOUCHSCREEN GESTURES AND SHORTCUTS :

Any screen:

If you swipe down from the top screen, you will be able to turn on and off several features such as BT, set the Gain to Low or High, DAC in or out and also enable line out.

By swiping up from the bottom of the screen, you can quickly adjust the brightness of the screen, volume of the song you are currently playing and also pause/play change tracks.

To unlock the screen when you are listening to a song just swipe up from the center of the screen.

Main Menu:

When you are on the Main Menu and you select for instance, System settings, by swiping to the right you can go back to the Main Menu screen. This will avoid you struggling on clicking on the small arrow icon on the top left of the screen to go back to the Main Menu.

So always remember to swipe to the right to go back to the Main Menu :D. This shortcut only works when you are going using the Step counter, System settings and FM.

Player screen:

If you swipe to the right, you can update your song list database, have access to the MSEB, Equalizer, enable/disable Bluetooth, change the play settings or go back to the Main Menu screen by pressing on Exit. However you can also click on the Hidizs logo to go back to the Main Menu screen.

By swiping to the left while you are on the Player screen, It enables you to get to the screen where your current track is playing.

From the Player screen, there are 3 interesting icons on the top of the screen:
  • The first one will show you all the songs on your AP80, you can check them in different sorting categories like Album, Artists and Genre

• The second one will enable you to listen to your songs according to the playlists you’ve created and favored

• The third one takes you to the screen where your current track is playing

Current song playing screen:

From this screen, you can of course fast-forward, rewind, pause/play. You can favor the current song you are playing to put it as favorite with the heart icon on the bottom right. You can also change the play type on the bottom left. By clicking on the 3 dots on the bottom right, you can do a wide range of things such as access to the EQ, add the song to a playlist , look at the properties…

As someone who likes to use my various DAPs to feed to amps as well as IEMs and headphones, I’m generally not in favor of making it so easy to switch to Line Out just by swiping downwards from the screen. I prefer that the LO function is buried in a menu so to speak.

But it’s just me.

Aug 27, 2018 at 7:37 AM Post #455 of 4,614
As someone who likes to use my various DAPs to feed to amps as well as IEMs and headphones, I’m generally not in favor of making it so easy to switch to Line Out just by swiping downwards from the screen. I prefer that the LO function is buried in a menu so to speak.

But it’s just me.

If it's not there, you do need a warning/acknowledgement when switching HO to LO, otherwise you can get one heck of unpleasant earsurprise which is even worse when using ciems and can't quickly rip them out of your ears lol!

Aug 27, 2018 at 8:00 AM Post #456 of 4,614
If it's not there, you do need a warning/acknowledgement when switching HO to LO, otherwise you can get one heck of unpleasant earsurprise which is even worse when using ciems and can't quickly rip them out of your ears lol!

It looks just like R3 UI, you swipe down and then hit the LO button and it gives you a warning about 100% volume. Now on the R3 when you connected your iems/headphones to the jack it would revert to your previous volume level - so you don’t blow your eardrums out.

I’m sure this can be confirmed by somebody:wink:

As someone who still uses his aux in for my vehicle’s sound system I find this setup optimal, it’s not buried, but you do get a warning and have to answer yes.

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2018 at 8:16 AM Post #457 of 4,614
The problem is usually when I’ve left it on LO and then another day, plug in my IEMs and pressing play. As a habit, I now do not wear my custom IEMs at all till I have pressed play and/or check the settings. Though it doesn’t stop me sometimes hearing the custom IEMs blasting away even before I’ve put them in my ears! Must be old age I guess.

Aug 27, 2018 at 8:31 AM Post #458 of 4,614
The problem is usually when I’ve left it on LO and then another day, plug in my IEMs and pressing play. As a habit, I now do not wear my custom IEMs at all till I have pressed play and/or check the settings. Though it doesn’t stop me sometimes hearing the custom IEMs blasting away even before I’ve put them in my ears! Must be old age I guess.

Trust me, you’re preaching to the choir- I’ve blasted my eardrums many times with daps. Hopefully it’s just like R3 ( similar software) and when you plug in your iems or cans it reverts to your last volume even if it was last in LO mode.

Aug 27, 2018 at 8:54 AM Post #459 of 4,614
Trust me, you’re preaching to the choir- I’ve blasted my eardrums many times with daps. Hopefully it’s just like R3 ( similar software) and when you plug in your iems or cans it reverts to your last volume even if it was last in LO mode.

HibyMusic app in AP80 has the function called "fixed power-on volume" which would let you set the necessary volume at each power cycle. There is also an option to have "memory" - means to keep the volume from the last known level.

Aug 27, 2018 at 8:55 AM Post #460 of 4,614
Thanks for the replies/comments!

In case I missed it: is there a lock function/button in case the screen and/or buttons are manipulated inadvertently?

There is a function that lets you choose whether to lock physical buttons when the screen goes off or not. You can turn off the screen with jog dial press thus disabling buttons if this function set to be so.

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2018 at 9:38 AM Post #461 of 4,614
My review unit of AP80 came with an early firmware and I was sent a link to 0.07 beta whilst it was in the mail.
Which i updated to when it arrived.

Today I recieved 0.08 beta firmware and its kicked up the screen responsiveness a notch.
More snappy.

Very nice.

Aug 27, 2018 at 10:48 AM Post #463 of 4,614
@kenloveme Can you guys ask for specific changes to the Hiby software?

I would like the Folder/File section made more appealing than the standard R3 look.
Add alphabetical quick scrolling as it is in the Artist and Album view.

Also when resuming last played track from shutdown to be able to view that album/folder when swiping back.
It tend to swipe back to root all tracks.
Every other DAP will swipe back to the location that track is from.

Oh is the leather case coming in Black?

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2018 at 11:08 AM Post #465 of 4,614
My review unit of AP80 came with an early firmware and I was sent a link to 0.07 beta whilst it was in the mail.
Which i updated to when it arrived.

Today I recieved 0.08 beta firmware and its kicked up the screen responsiveness a notch.
More snappy.

Very nice.

Seems they have much better software support than their old models..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back