1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

AP80 - Hidizs next portable Hi-Res music player

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by IryxBRO, Apr 24, 2018.
First

Back
21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41
Next

Last
  1. okinear
    Thanks for the replies/comments!

In case I missed it: is there a lock function/button in case the screen and/or buttons are manipulated inadvertently?

2. kenloveme
    @okinear You are welcome! :D feel free to ask anything! Yes! The lock button is situated on the wheel. You just have to press on it :), you will see I am actually unlocking the AP80 on the video :D

3. cazone
    Thanks for the info!
    Did the volume control of the AP80 affected the volume?
    With a fixed digital out it should not.

The volume should only be controlled by the DAC.

4. georgelai57
    As someone who likes to use my various DAPs to feed to amps as well as IEMs and headphones, I’m generally not in favor of making it so easy to switch to Line Out just by swiping downwards from the screen. I prefer that the LO function is buried in a menu so to speak.

But it’s just me.

5. twister6 Contributor
    If it's not there, you do need a warning/acknowledgement when switching HO to LO, otherwise you can get one heck of unpleasant earsurprise which is even worse when using ciems and can't quickly rip them out of your ears lol!

6. abitdeef
    It looks just like R3 UI, you swipe down and then hit the LO button and it gives you a warning about 100% volume. Now on the R3 when you connected your iems/headphones to the jack it would revert to your previous volume level - so you don’t blow your eardrums out.

I’m sure this can be confirmed by somebody:wink:

As someone who still uses his aux in for my vehicle’s sound system I find this setup optimal, it’s not buried, but you do get a warning and have to answer yes.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2018
  7. georgelai57
    The problem is usually when I’ve left it on LO and then another day, plug in my IEMs and pressing play. As a habit, I now do not wear my custom IEMs at all till I have pressed play and/or check the settings. Though it doesn’t stop me sometimes hearing the custom IEMs blasting away even before I’ve put them in my ears! Must be old age I guess.

abitdeef likes this.
  8. abitdeef

Trust me, you’re preaching to the choir- I’ve blasted my eardrums many times with daps. Hopefully it’s just like R3 ( similar software) and when you plug in your iems or cans it reverts to your last volume even if it was last in LO mode.

georgelai57 likes this.
  9. IryxBRO
    HibyMusic app in AP80 has the function called "fixed power-on volume" which would let you set the necessary volume at each power cycle. There is also an option to have "memory" - means to keep the volume from the last known level.

abitdeef and georgelai57 like this.
  10. IryxBRO
    There is a function that lets you choose whether to lock physical buttons when the screen goes off or not. You can turn off the screen with jog dial press thus disabling buttons if this function set to be so.

11. ExpatinJapan
    My review unit of AP80 came with an early firmware and I was sent a link to 0.07 beta whilst it was in the mail.
    Which i updated to when it arrived.

Today I recieved 0.08 beta firmware and its kicked up the screen responsiveness a notch.
    More snappy.

Very nice.

12. okinear
    Wondering if I will get a big SD card or two middle size ones.
    How much space is the system taking on the card?

TheRH likes this.
  13. Vimtoman
    @kenloveme Can you guys ask for specific changes to the Hiby software?

I would like the Folder/File section made more appealing than the standard R3 look.
    Add alphabetical quick scrolling as it is in the Artist and Album view.

Also when resuming last played track from shutdown to be able to view that album/folder when swiping back.
    It tend to swipe back to root all tracks.
    Every other DAP will swipe back to the location that track is from.

Oh is the leather case coming in Black?

14. ukie
    I have the Cowon Plenue D, and was wondering how this compares SQ wise.

Do any of the testers have both and could give me some input?

15. xuyiguanyinsi
    Seems they have much better software support than their old models..

First

Back
21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41
Next

Last