AP80 - Hidizs next portable Hi-Res music player
Sep 2, 2018 at 4:46 PM Post #676 of 4,614
They came out in the UK back when I was at uni in 2000 I think. I actually got it direct from one of the Sony stores back when they still had their own stores.

Loved it so much I went all in, bought a seperate minidisc deck for my home hifi and even a minidisc headunit for the car and sounded great in the custom instal O did... money REALLY well spent there haha :wink:

Still think the format kicked the ass of cds but lasted all of about 2 years I recon till it died a horrific death, I blame Apple still to this day :wink:

Got this makes me feel old!

Mini disc did kick ass, I have very fond memories of it.

Sep 2, 2018 at 7:40 PM Post #678 of 4,614
Can someone who has the AP80 confirm that the unit actually uses the APTX codec and is actively connecting with it? I just want to make sure because Hidizs said that it was in the AP60/Pro units but it was nowhere to be found. Just want to make sure that they are being honest with this one...for my sake and yours.

I dont know.
There doesnt seem to be an information screen everytime.

EDIT:
@kenloveme Hidizs rep says

“Ap80 does support Aptx codec, no worries! :), you can see it when you set your earphones/headphones on Bluetooth mode. The A symbol on the top screen means the aptx is activated. “

When i connect sometimes I get the SBC other times by the BT icon top left corner by the BT symbol is an A.

*Could this be the APTX indicator? I dont know. (EDIT: Yes).

AP80 to FiiO FB1 earphones had the A.
AP80 to iFi xDSD had the A.
AP80 to Shanling m0(set to APTx) SBC. Had a S.
Ipod touch 6G to ap80 no A (SBC)
Shanling to to AP80 no A (SBC)

I did connect it to the iFi Audio xDSD and it said ‘iFi HQ (aptX) Audio’ but i dont think thats conclusive. More of a name in the search settings.

(I need a manual...)

025CEF31-80FB-48D3-83A4-5B5BF279CC38.jpeg

- Results inconclusive.
EDIT( A by the top left BT icon means APTx).

@IryxBRO do you have any idea?
Not sure where to go from here.

Additional Shanling m0 as source BT set to APTx
AP80 recieving.

8775251F-0844-413C-B6D3-504CFC2D1CCB.jpeg

Annnnd back the other way...

8F89F24B-6F56-4A35-81E1-52F7A31D473A.jpeg

ECB3F1EB-D09F-41CF-B895-446D0BE766CC.jpeg

Thats all I have sorry folks. Sorry.

And this is why I dont do a full review or comparisons on devices until the end of (KS/IGG) campaigns when the final software/firmware and hardware builds are finally finalized.

Regards
E

*Hibylink is a quite clever and handy remote

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2018 at 8:39 PM Post #680 of 4,614
I dont know.

When i connect sometimes I get the SBC other times by the BT icon top left corner by the BT symbol is an A.

*Could this be the APTX indicator? I dont know.

I did connect it to the iFi Audio xDSD and it said ‘iFi HQ (aptX) Audio’ but i dont think thats conclusive. More of a name in the search settings.

(I need a manual...)

- Results inconclusive.

AP80 recieving.

And this is why I dont do a full review or comparisons on devices until the end of (KS/IGG) campaigns when the final software/firmware and hardware builds are finally finalized.

Regards
E

Good idea, looks like they still have to finalize the firmware- like does it really support aptx or is it more like apt????

And hopefully LDAC happens sooner than later.

Sep 3, 2018 at 12:31 AM Post #681 of 4,614
I dont know.

(I need a manual...)

- Results inconclusive.

Sorry, cannot help on that now cause don't have any receiver or headphones with AptX support.

Moreover, never understood buying HiRes audio source to acquire the excellent SQ and limiting it on the last line by AptX or other wireless protocols... IMO

Sep 3, 2018 at 2:03 AM Post #682 of 4,614
Sorry, cannot help on that now cause don't have any receiver or headphones with AptX support.

Moreover, never understood buying HiRes audio source to acquire the excellent SQ and limiting it on the last line by AptX or other wireless protocols... IMO
To answer your question....the car, my friend, the car. My car has APTX reception and sounds nearly the same as running a line out from a DAP. The plus for running the dap’s Bluetooth here is that o can control the basic functions from my steering wheel so I don’t have to fiddle with the player while I’m driving. Also APTX cable for earbuds when doing chores around the house. Very useful for not getting hung up on doorknobs or catching fire when cooking scrambled eggs over the stove.

Sep 3, 2018 at 2:39 AM Post #683 of 4,614
By the time it looses it’s charge capacity, AP 380 will be out with real quad dacs and 2tb micro storage and palladium wires. :wink:
@abitdeef yeah sure hahaha and also the hi-fi player will be made of adamantium, who knows haha! :D

Sep 3, 2018 at 2:41 AM Post #684 of 4,614
Looks nice in both, now i cant decide which color i want (if i dont get Blue choice in stretch goal that is)! :wink:
@FSTOP very glad that you love it! Regardless! :D. We will give an update soon regarding the survey, you will know! :D

Sep 3, 2018 at 2:44 AM Post #685 of 4,614
Nice.

Is that a Red band on the Volume control? If so maybe we could have the button legends e.g "play/pause Fwd Rev" in Red for the black model?
@Vimtoman Yeah it has a small red band :), Suggestion is noted, we will see if it is possible! It would make it even more dope I think, thanks!

Sep 3, 2018 at 2:50 AM Post #686 of 4,614
Sep 3, 2018 at 3:04 AM Post #687 of 4,614
Completed testing standby time.

Given:

FW version 0.08beta
Bluetooth -> OFF
Standby mode -> ON
Play on PAUSE
IEMs connected

23:40 -> 68% batt - start of the test
10:40 -> 65% batt - end of the test

Equals:

3% -> 11 hours = 0.27% / hour
100 / 0.27 = 370 / 24 = 15 days

So, AP80 with FW 0.08beta consume 0.27% of battery per hour in standby mode + play put on pause and can stay as long as 15 days until full discharge.

I think that the problem of headphonics is that they haven't turned on Standby mode.

I dont know.

(I need a manual...)

- Results inconclusive.

AP80 recieving.

Regards
E

@IryxBRO @ExpatinJapan Great and amazing job from you guys! Thanks for your inputs! :D

Sep 3, 2018 at 3:05 AM Post #688 of 4,614
Congratulations Hidizs you just hit the $180,000 stretch goal so will be getting an additional color get out and vote for blue.
@FunctionalDoc Many Thanks Doc' for the support! We hope to go even further and do better! :D, regarding the new color, we will make an update soon about it! No worries! :D

Sep 3, 2018 at 3:51 AM Post #690 of 4,614
I dont know.

(I need a manual...)

- Results inconclusive.

AP80 recieving.

Regards
E

@ExpatinJapan As you mentioned it and sharply noticed, it is an indicator to show if the connected earphones/headphones support apt-X. The A symbol on the top screen means the Aptx-X is activated :). So yes, AP80 does really support Apt-X. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back