AP80 - Hidizs next portable Hi-Res music player
Jul 27, 2019 at 8:25 PM Post #3,076 of 4,614
I would be very interested to know how much of a difference exists between Hiby R3 and Hidizs AP80 in terms of battery life. The former comes with ~1600mAH and the latter with ~800 mAH and also both of them have components with similar power consumption but for the display. And yet, both by way of what they advertise and what their users report, they seem to have similar playback times. @theMUKe

It is kinda intriguing. I was trying to make a choice between both of these.
Had them both - still have the Ap 80. For me, with ALAC files, AP 80 gets at least 2 hrs more play per charge. I feel it has a slight edge in sound quality as well.

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2019 at 9:29 PM Post #3,077 of 4,614
Unfortunately I cannot give you an estimate here. I am using both players from time to time only, and usually not for multiple hours. No idea how long each lasts on a single charge. Probably best to look at the battery life as advertised by Hidizs and Hiby.
@theMUKe Thanks for your reply.

I do not own the R3, but I can tell you if I listen to FLAC files, now the AP80 last almost 10 hours for me.

edit: And It take less than an hour to full charge. Would love to find a decent solar charger for it, but with China chargers are not always on the safe side.

@Seb Julien Thanks. It certainly charges pretty quick.

Had them both - still have the Ap 80. For me, with ALAC files, AP 80 gets at least 2 hrs more play per charge. I feel it has a slight edge in sound quality as well.

@PapaThrust Thanks a lot for that info. I just got it delivered and listening to them with my old Brainwavz M1. And I'm truly amazed. This MSEB thing certainly is no gimmick. I'm finding very minimal to no distortion even when I stretch it to the extremes.

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2019 at 9:44 PM Post #3,078 of 4,614
Seb Julien said:
I do not own the R3, but I can tell you if I listen to FLAC files, now the AP80 last almost 10 hours for me.

Just to follow up and compare, with ALAC I get 12 hrs+ with limited screen time. I struggled to get over 10 with the R3.
I am curious if FLAC demands more power to process.

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2019 at 9:55 PM Post #3,079 of 4,614
No Clip on the AP80, so needs a pocket, or a case with a clip.[/QUOTE]

Speaking of no clip...I added this one with some double sided tape. Just a few dollars from Amazon. Stuck it directly to the back screen protector - been happy with this setup. DSC_0228.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2019 at 8:20 PM Post #3,080 of 4,614
Where’d you get the clip

No Clip on the AP80, so needs a pocket, or a case with a clip.

Speaking of no clip...I added this one for a bout 2 dollars with some double sided tape. Stuck it right on the protector - been happy with this setup.[/QUOTE]

Aug 4, 2019 at 6:44 PM Post #3,083 of 4,614
Just bought the AP80 for $101 on an Amazon lightning deal. I've been looking at getting a DAP that's flexible to be used as standalone with my collection of IEMs or to be used as transport with my iFi Nano BL if need be. I thought about the Cayin N3 for a long time but never picked it up and now it's no longer available. This will be the first DAP i've owned since owning a Zune.

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2019 at 6:49 AM Post #3,084 of 4,614
Just bought the AP80 for $101 on an Amazon lighting deal. I've been looking at getting a DAP that's flexible to be used as standalone with my collection of IEMs or to be used as transport with my iFi Nano BL if need be. I thought about the Cayin N3 for a long time but never picked it up and now it's no longer available. This will be the first DAP i've owned since owning a Zune.
You will like it for the sound. A lot. Enjoy!

Aug 9, 2019 at 3:23 AM Post #3,086 of 4,614
When I try to use the radio, it plays for about 3 minutes then stops. The player then more or less freezes and I have to turn it off then on again.
Anyone else have issues with the radio? One of the selling points for me was the radio...

Aug 9, 2019 at 6:14 AM Post #3,087 of 4,614
When I try to use the radio, it plays for about 3 minutes then stops. The player then more or less freezes and I have to turn it off then on again.
Anyone else have issues with the radio? One of the selling points for me was the radio...
The radio app is horrible on this. Im surprised you can even listen to it for 3min

Aug 9, 2019 at 1:05 PM Post #3,088 of 4,614
I found the radio to work just fine! The sound quality from this DAP with my Plunge Audio CIEMs is freaking stunning coming from my Shanling M0. The question is - is there better sound quality in this size bracket? I travel a lot and would prefer just one main DAP.

Which antialiasingfilters do you guys use? And does anyone use soundfield options as well as MSEB? I've done some tweaks with 0.47 soundfield and my music feels dimensionally wider and nicer :)

Aug 9, 2019 at 1:36 PM Post #3,089 of 4,614
I found the radio to work just fine! The sound quality from this DAP with my Plunge Audio CIEMs is freaking stunning coming from my Shanling M0. The question is - is there better sound quality in this size bracket? I travel a lot and would prefer just one main DAP.

Which antialiasingfilters do you guys use? And does anyone use soundfield options as well as MSEB? I've done some tweaks with 0.47 soundfield and my music feels dimensionally wider and nicer :)
I think the Soundfield option is one of thebest features on this Dap. I like to run in around .30

Users who are viewing this thread

Back