1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

AP80 - Hidizs next portable Hi-Res music player

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by IryxBRO, Apr 24, 2018.
First

Back
194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203
205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214
Next

Last
  1. CactusPete23
    Thanks so much for measuring and the info!

I also don't really understand electronics much. But with advice/coaching from other folks (and a youtube video or two), I've gotten comfortable with doing some things way beyond me!

3M Makes some double sides 2mm wide tape that should work. Being just 2mm wide means you don't have to cut thing strips on your own. Here is an example. A lifetime supply, but under US$3.00
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/3M-300LSE-...sid=p2385738.m4383.l4275.c10&var=424446584574

2. FSTOP
    Just a 1 cell (3.7v nominal per cell) lithium-ion pack at 800mAh. Should be easy to replace as long as you find the appropriate size to fit the form factor.
    Luckily, mine is still going well, but nice to know it can be replaced easy enough.

3. Seb Julien
    Its really not cool that this happened to you.

But your name shall live on in the eternal book of audio, because you are the one who showed us that its possible to open the device easily without destroying anything ^^.
    One day I will open it to try to repair the wobbling knob.

As for me this device seem to be indestructible. I am digging holes around the house on my yard to be able to install a 6 feet fence in direct sunlight. I hit the AP-80 non stop with the handle of my shovel (not on purpose btw). It is freakin hot outside 40c. And I still can believe the quality of the sound I am hearing right now. My neighbors don't know what they are missing. The device is still going strong even if I listen to it 8-9 hours a day after months. Even the battery life last a long while.

4. hskz
    I did some digging and I'm 99% sure that the battery is made by Coremax. The model number matches their catalogue (https://coremax-tech.com/3-7v-lp503035-500mah-lithium-polymer-battery-size-503035/, CTRL+F "354053"), and it would make sense for Hidizs to have them as their supplier as they're a Chinese company. Somebody would have to contact them to ask about prices because they do not mention it on the site.

EDIT: I did try to peel the 3M Tape on the battery and it wasn't transparent. It is blocking out the name of the company that makes the battery, but the location is stated as ShenZhen, which is where Coremax is based.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
    CactusPete23 likes this.
  5. rjerwa
    Somewhat relieved I shot mine back to Amazon.

6. Th3Drizzl3
    mine needs a new battery hmm now to try to find one that will fit in there. mine lasts like 30min or less on a full charge

7. Th3Drizzl3
  8. rjerwa
    Dupe post

Last edited: Jul 14, 2019
  9. Th3Drizzl3
  10. hskz
    You have to scroll down and find model number 354053, that brings up a 800 mAH one in their catalogue. You will have to confirm the pricing and the dimensions with Coremax.

It seems within my measurements (5.2cm by 3.8cm). But from eyeballing and measuring the battery from the side, the AP80 battery is very thin and likely around 3mm thick.

I did my fair share of searching on TaoBao (Chinese Amazon) and what you linked is one of the most common batteries that popped up. Model number 354053 brings up no results almost everywhere and it leads me to believe that it is an uncommon-sized battery.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2019
  11. djricekcn
    I haven't used it since I updated fw so not sure if that's the cause but my ap80 is continuously rebooting out of no where... Any remedied?

12. hskz
    Sealing it back was easy as pie. If you've watched a JerryRigEverything video, you will know how to do it.

I was kind of disappointed that Hidizs doesn't even bother to use a better kind of glue on the glass back. That crappy arts-and-crafts quality hot glue should have no business in sealing up an electrical device.

I'm moving on to another brand once my AP80 dies; hopefully I don't run into any more problems.

Anyway, some final measurements:

The battery should be 5.2cm by 3.8cm by 3mm.

The AP80 Glass Back is approximately 4.9cm by 5.7cm by 1.5mm.

Could come in handy if somebody wants to 3D print a replacement back panel or mod the AP80 for a larger battery capacity.

petricnah and CactusPete23 like this.
  13. Unolord
    Have you tried downgrading the firmware?

Mine would reboot if trying to connect to a bluetooth device. Changing the Bluetooth quality to setting to SBS if I was going to pair with my Sony receiver solved that issue.

14. Zachik
    Which glue have you used? Never watched any of the videos you're referring to...

Could not agree more! My first and last Hidizs purchase!!

15. dragon1952
First

Back
194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203
205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214
Next

Last