AP80 - Hidizs next portable Hi-Res music player
Dec 17, 2018 at 8:01 AM Post #2,162 of 4,614
You will have it don't worry! Like I said, HK is a special case as it is very near for the shipping so they received it very fast in a few days! But for the rest of the world the shipping wouldn't be that fast so you will definitely get a tracking number! :)

I never got a tracking number or my Ap80. Can you tell me what's going on please? Backer #528

Dec 17, 2018 at 8:02 AM Post #2,163 of 4,614
Got my AP80 the other day. A nice little device. Great sound with my LZ-a4, BGVP-DMG and Ibasso IT01.
However the little rascal is not able to find my TRN BL3 iem cable for pairing. This is a bummer. A bug in the software!? or am i doing something wrong. Please some advice!
Also no Aptx support on the AP80 in receiving mode to listen to spotify on my smartphone that has Aptx support (redmi note 5) or pc. Another bummer!
I am also wondering why there is an exclusive option to activate bluetooth hd quality on the AP80. Should it not be always using the highest quality codec possible as a standard!?
Hope these flaws will be looked after in the next firmware update!

@kenloveme
It looks like @rhmjmango is aware of the setting/option.
Then comes his question/suggestion: what about the AP80 automatically selecting the highest quality codec instead of the user to have to check the option first?
I suppose that all users want the best available quality as default, leaving the low-res for the worst case?!?!

Dec 17, 2018 at 8:07 AM Post #2,164 of 4,614
mine arrived today. standard shipping to spain, fast delivery. it's silver color (love it!). really pretty.
no rattle, button is not loose (but soft spinning). only looking defect is back screen protector, not centered and bubbles due to dust particles trapped; minor issue, and replacements enclosed into the box.
it's being charged now.

Dec 17, 2018 at 8:25 AM Post #2,166 of 4,614
@kenloveme
Then comes his question/suggestion: what about the AP80 automatically selecting the highest quality codec instead of the user to have to check the option first?
I suppose that all users want the best available quality as default, leaving the low-res for the worst case?!?!
YES, i am aware of the HQ setting.

Dec 17, 2018 at 10:22 AM Post #2,170 of 4,614
Nice to see the comments from all of you who have received their AP80's; And I don't want to turn this into a "I have not yet received mine yet" thread...

BUT, So that @kenloveme can see that many of us have Not Yet Receved their AP80 from the Kickstarter; Please "LIKE" this Post. IF you have NOT received your AP80 .

Dec 17, 2018 at 11:25 AM Post #2,171 of 4,614
A question about the cover and how to visualize it in the AP80, should they be included in the MP3 file, Flac, etc? What size should they have or resolution? or they should go in the music folder with What name and extension?.

Thank you

Dec 17, 2018 at 11:40 AM Post #2,172 of 4,614
@kenloveme
I think that most of the new players have options for setting the Bluetooth quality, and if we get the LDAC as promised, there will be 3 more choices.

Dec 17, 2018 at 12:02 PM Post #2,173 of 4,614
@kenloveme

I can only assume using SBC saves power, because otherwise explicitly setting the quality to high or low seems like an unnecessary step. I have it set at High, and the actual codec is negotiated by the hardware it connect with. My SoundCore speaker is SBC, while the Aiwa headphones are Apt-X. The AP80 has no problems with connecting to either, so I just leave it on HQ for Bluetooth settings.

Dec 17, 2018 at 12:14 PM Post #2,174 of 4,614
A question about the cover and how to visualize it in the AP80, should they be included in the MP3 file, Flac, etc? What size should they have or resolution? or they should go in the music folder with What name and extension?.

Thank you
Hi. From what I saw, embedded covers work for mp3, APE, dsf and FLAC files (I use mp3tag on my PC usually : https://www.mp3tag.de/en/).

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2018 at 12:35 PM Post #2,175 of 4,614
Hi
. From what I saw, embedded covers work for mp3, APE, dsf and FLAC files (I use mp3tag on my PC usually : https://www.mp3tag.de/en/).
Thanks for answering friend

Towards the query because in the FLAC files that I am reproducing I have the covers embedded, but they are not seen in my AP80, they may have a lot of resolution or another problem, I keep investigating...

Pd.: Updated the resolution of the covers to 600 pixels with the TAG & Rename APP, solved the problem and they all look good on the AP80.

Regards

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back