AP80 - Hidizs next portable Hi-Res music player
Dec 16, 2018 at 2:25 PM Post #2,146 of 4,614
I just came back from a short walk, testing out my new headphones with the AP80. Apt-X connected perfectly and showed the little "A" on the top status bar. When I connect to a SoundCore speaker, they use SBC, and the status bar reflects that with an "S" in the upper left Bluetooth area. The Aiwa Arc-1 phones are pretty comfortable and have very good audio quality, considering I paid $100 for them. Still hoping for some form of podcast features to be added, but otherwise very happy with the AP80 in my two main use scenarios - car and walking.

Hidizs_Aiwa.jpg

Dec 16, 2018 at 2:28 PM Post #2,147 of 4,614
I just came back from a short walk, testing out my new headphones with the AP80. Apt-X connected perfectly and showed the little "A" on the top status bar. When I connect to a SoundCore speaker, they use SBC, and the status bar reflects that with an "S" in the upper left Bluetooth area. The Aiwa Arc-1 phones are pretty comfortable and have very good audio quality, considering I paid $100 for them. Still hoping for some form of podcast features to be added, but otherwise very happy with the AP80 in my two main use scenarios - car and walking.
Hidizs_Aiwa.jpg
FB67233D-D655-4985-BAD3-59CB8FB933FB.jpeg
Yeah, as far as I can tell, my APTX works fine too. Not too many dropouts at all with my Whizzer neckband thingy.

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2018 at 1:14 AM Post #2,150 of 4,614
Yeah, same as on the AP80, as I mentioned two pages ago. It's definitely an issue on all devices which uses the touch-based Hiby OS.

Yeah, the last time @kenloveme made an appearance here was Saturday last week. And oh, I think it's not just Hidizs who should take note, but also the developers of the Hiby OS, as some of the issues the AP80 have (especially the ticker text scrolling display) are also present in other touch-based Hiby OS devices such as Hiby R3.

Anyway, since we're talking about suggestions for firmware tweaks in here, for the lock screen, instead of filename, I think it's better if it displays the artist and the title of the song instead. Since @okinear seems to be the one who volunteered to compile all issues/recommendations, I think you should take note of this, too. :wink: BTW, did you already have your unit delivered?

Yeah, and I am still monitoring, gathering the issues from the AP80. Any additional issues to add on the list? I am waiting for a more complete listing. If that is all, I will send it over to the engineers :). I already transmitted some to the team. Most of them can be solved when we will update the firmware. :)

Dec 17, 2018 at 1:55 AM Post #2,151 of 4,614
Yeah, and I am still monitoring, gathering the issues from the AP80. Any additional issues to add on the list? I am waiting for a more complete listing. If that is all, I will send it over to the engineers :). I already transmitted some to the team. Most of them can be solved when we will update the firmware. :)
That's good to know that our feedback in this thread is being heard and forwarded to the developers of the firmware. As for the list, @okinear volunteered to compile all issues and whatnot on this post. Would look forward to it. :wink:

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2018 at 1:56 AM Post #2,152 of 4,614
Dec 17, 2018 at 4:37 AM Post #2,155 of 4,614
Some of you guys have no problems with the Aptx protocol on the Ap80 as the device is showing an A.
Others owners say that Hidizs has not yet been authorized to implement Aptx (Qualcom) and Ldac (Sony) in the Ap80. This might become true in a/the next firmware update!?
So you can imagine that i am puzzled which is true. On my device, so far i can tell, Aptx is NOT working!!!

Dec 17, 2018 at 5:06 AM Post #2,157 of 4,614
@rhmjmango
My feeling so far is that the AptX is working when the AP80 is sending the signal out. Troubles are about receiving the AptX signal. Better to check again the posts. Anyway we are waiting for a bi-directional implementation!

Yup! Streaming audio into the AP80 only defaults to SBC. But if you're pairing an AptX-capable earphone to the AP80, AptX turns on (and thus the "A" beside the bluetooth icon). The press release was bi-directional but that, unfortunately, was not available out of the box.

Dec 17, 2018 at 5:11 AM Post #2,158 of 4,614
Yup! Streaming audio into the AP80 only defaults to SBC. But if you're pairing an AptX-capable earphone to the AP80, AptX turns on (and thus the "A" beside the bluetooth icon). The press release was bi-directional but that, unfortunately, was not available out of the box.

Yap, one of the reasons for backing this was the oout of the box promise of bi directinal APT-X because I use it a lot and now I don't know when we will have it or LDAC

Dec 17, 2018 at 5:59 AM Post #2,159 of 4,614
Another annoying part of the "Resume" functionality is that when I switch from wired to wireless connectivity (unplug earbuds > connect to bluetooth device), if it connects to a smartphone to start streaming, then you ditch that to connect to bluetooth headphones instead, the device just loses the resume data and you'll have to backtrack the file you were playing manually and if you don't remember the timestamp of the track, then you have to scroll all over again.

Dec 17, 2018 at 6:03 AM Post #2,160 of 4,614
Some of you guys have no problems with the Aptx protocol on the Ap80 as the device is showing an A.
Others owners say that Hidizs has not yet been authorized to implement Aptx (Qualcom) and Ldac (Sony) in the Ap80. This might become true in a/the next firmware update!?
So you can imagine that i am puzzled which is true. On my device, so far i can tell, Aptx is NOT working!!!
@rhmjmango have you checked the settings? There should be an option to activate or deactivate Hi-res audio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back