1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

AP80 - Hidizs next portable Hi-Res music player

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by IryxBRO, Apr 24, 2018.
First

Back
133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142
144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153
Next

Last
  1. cazone
    thank you !
    everything works fine ?
    the digital outputs supposed to be variable (volume ajustable on the AP80). Is this true ?
    I hope they will propose a fixed digital out.

ExpatinJapan likes this.
  2. silverfishla
    The Volume is variable and so is the gain. Question, why would you want it fixed?

3. Oletros
    A digital output (being coax or spdif or USB) should output just bits, it is de decoder and the amp part the one that should change volume

cazone likes this.
  4. AndySocial
    Answering my own question, which hopefully I'm not the only one who was wondering about. This is based on the Hiby R3 manual, which is a lot more in-depth (if as strangely worded) as the Hidizs AP80 "manual."

If Standby is turned on, the device will spend one minute awaiting input if paused or stopped. If nothing happens, it shuts down. The idle timer is in addition to the standby default 1-minute. So, no idle timer setting, and no standby enabled - device never shuts down even if you don't have anything playing. Idle timer but standby is not enabled, it shuts down after the idle timer. Idle timer and standby, add one minute to that timer. Seems a little silly to have that standby option, but I'm sure it made sense to someone once.

Sleep is like the sleep function on an alarm clock - it's a simple countdown until shutoff, even if you are playing music.

5. abitdeef
    Just checked M6 out, looks very nice. No doubt the firmware on it will be more fleshed out from day one. Looks like a cracker, small, feature priced and priced well.

6. silverfishla
    On the AP80, I find that Soundfield setting very useful. It’s like a variable DSP effect that can feather out a too strident headphone. I like it.

7. IryxBRO
    Thank you, added to FAQ list

8. magicboyguccino
    Hi!

I got black one

Sound is ok, but i had some problems

Connecting with jawbonw big jambox is a bit problem, difficult to connect. After connecting it is problem if you go more and 2 mt. away from the speaker ( normally i use this speaker in long distance range with other devices)

With exfat format it has crack sound on dsd files

If there will be a surround sound mode it will be good.

Software is a bit slow

Needs some adjustment on menu button positions.

Is there any way to go to the main music menu or to the main menu when playing music?

For the price range it is a good player.

Is it possible to add some other functions to volume wheel botton?

9. Vimtoman
    The Hiby OS is littered with functions duplicated.
    Volume control has three versions.
    Swipe down/up shortcut doubles others that really dont need to.

The programmers are out to play on this software.

The last two updates for the R3 were plagued with problems when initially released.
    Only for them to ask users not to install after release?
    I think that they need to have more control over the GUI.

Maybe time will sort this out?

10. rhmjmango
    Got my AP80 the other day. A nice little device. Great sound with my LZ-a4, BGVP-DMG and Ibasso IT01.
    However the little rascal is not able to find my TRN BL3 iem cable for pairing. This is a bummer. A bug in the software!? or am i doing something wrong. Please some advice!
    Also no Aptx support on the AP80 in receiving mode to listen to spotify on my smartphone that has Aptx support (redmi note 5) or pc. Another bummer!
    I am also wondering why there is an exclusive option to activate bluetooth hd quality on the AP80. Should it not be always using the highest quality codec possible as a standard!?
    Hope these flaws will be looked after in the next firmware update!

11. okinear
    Wondering how many characters are taken into account to list/sort 'Albums' (maybe same for 'Artists')?
    Something around 14 characters? (14 or less: differences are seen by the player; more than 14 characters: all the songs are listed together in a single album.)

12. chaiyuta
    Already recieved my AP80 Gray. It works fine without any hardware issue. its soundstage is noticably larger than M0. its tonality is neutral with a bit bright tendency. Nice stuff. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

13. IryxBRO
    To go to main menu or to music menu you should swipe from left to right to reach HiBY music app settings and select exit. It would warn you that it would continue playing but you can leave to main menu.

14. IryxBRO
    we are all waiting for the AptX and LDAC support...

rhmjmango likes this.
  15. Dobrescu George
    It is kinda funny, but I really like the cables that come with the Beam better than the cables that come with DH1000, much softer and easier to use in general :)

First

Back
133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142
144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153
Next

Last