AP80 - Hidizs next portable Hi-Res music player
Dec 14, 2018 at 10:40 AM Post #2,116 of 4,614
Anyway, since we're talking about suggestions for firmware tweaks in here, for the lock screen, instead of filename, I think it's better if it displays the artist and the title of the song instead. Since @okinear seems to be the one who volunteered to compile all issues/recommendations, I think you should take note of this, too. :wink: BTW, did you already have your unit delivered?

I've never understood the Hiby obsession with showing us the full file path of our music. I assume there must be someone for whom that is interesting and useful, but I've never met them. :)

Dec 14, 2018 at 11:30 AM Post #2,117 of 4,614
I also feel that we should be able to turn off the pedometer. I feel that that also burns battery life since it's always on. It's inaccurate anyways.

Dec 14, 2018 at 11:57 AM Post #2,118 of 4,614
I've never understood the Hiby obsession with showing us the full file path of our music. I assume there must be someone for whom that is interesting and useful, but I've never met them. :)
I thought that the artist-title format is like the de facto standard, so it's strange that the developers of Hiby OS settled with the filename display at the bottom of the lock screen. For me, it looks kinda old-fashioned and evocative of those cheap as dirt generic Chinese MP3 players.

I also feel that we should be able to turn off the pedometer. I feel that that also burns battery life since it's always on. It's inaccurate anyways.
I guess you're right. It's quite likely that the pedometer is one of the culprits for the accelerated battery drain. That, and they also need to calibrate the built-in pedometer. My cheap SKMEI pedometer watch is much more accurate than the AP80's built-in one.

Yes, thanks for caring! Got it a couple of days ago, but no real opportunity to play with it yet. The SDcard is still in its blister pack, and did not figure out how to set date&time so far :blush: Too big fingers or not enough open-minded!
If that wasn't obvious enough, go to System settings > Time setting.

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2018 at 12:34 PM Post #2,121 of 4,614
Yeah, it's a bit difficult to set the time and date if you have large fingers. Mine are quite large, too, so I can relate with your predicament.
Realized that I have something like a touch screen stylus pen. Works fine with the small things on screen. Probably not have to change the settings that often.

Regarding the typos issues, is it only me or some settings cannot be fully/correctly read?
'Music database update...'. Are '...' needed?
'Button operation when...'. When what?
'Battery percentage dis...'. Likely 'Battery percentage display', what about fully writing 'display' instead of 'dis...'?

Dec 14, 2018 at 12:43 PM Post #2,122 of 4,614
Is the pedometer using the battery when not in use?
I mean: I moved the player (and it has been moved during the shipment) without opening the step function, then selected the step function: the counter is still 0. Was some battery used?

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2018 at 1:57 PM Post #2,123 of 4,614
Is the pedometer using the battery when not in use?
I mean: I moved the player (and it has been moved during the shipment) without opening the step function, then selected the step function: the counter is still 0. Was some battery used?

Should be true. I think that it only starts counting after power recycle AND launching it once. I didn't notice it counting if not launched.....

Dec 14, 2018 at 3:52 PM Post #2,124 of 4,614
I like seeing the filepath a lot. Also all the properties of a specific file. I have all my “permanent” files in a MUSIC file and I’ll throw albums on the card to listen to fully when I want to. Seeing the filepath is very helpful when you are adding songs to playlists because I know if I’m putting a permanent file on there and not just a duplicate from an album I have loaded (because that file path would disappear once I unloaded that album). Sometimes a song will pop up and I have no idea where it is in my file structure (like something that is in an unknown folder or Various Artist folder, and I can easily see where it’s at.

Dec 14, 2018 at 6:20 PM Post #2,125 of 4,614
Finally here in the UK!

20181214_230844.jpg

I've got to say I'm mega impressed. Build quality is superb and I love the new jog wheel.

I've got fairly fat fingers so was expecting issues with the UI but all works fine and I've had no issues with what some people were saying about the top of the screen being less responsive.

Only one thing I discovered to warn people about ... don't swipe left when adjusting the volume... as it triggered the touch control for the volume and I damn near deafened myself!

Very happy backer here.

I was planning on getting rid of my ap200 when this arrived, but having only just signed up to spotify (I was surprised by the audio quality of it to be honest as well as it having all of my random music genres on there) I'll definitely be keeping both.

Dec 14, 2018 at 7:40 PM Post #2,126 of 4,614
I like seeing the filepath a lot. Also all the properties of a specific file. I have all my “permanent” files in a MUSIC file and I’ll throw albums on the card to listen to fully when I want to. Seeing the filepath is very helpful when you are adding songs to playlists because I know if I’m putting a permanent file on there and not just a duplicate from an album I have loaded (because that file path would disappear once I unloaded that album). Sometimes a song will pop up and I have no idea where it is in my file structure (like something that is in an unknown folder or Various Artist folder, and I can easily see where it’s at.

I love seeing all the details of the file on demand, but in the "now playing" screen, the full file path is just torture to wait through in order to see the actual file name. Of course, if you play music via the tag database instead of the file browser, you don't see the full path unless you select Properties. But, it only shows the song title, not the artist, unless you swipe away to get to the more detailed "now playing" that hides behind the clock "now playing" screen.

Dec 15, 2018 at 4:25 AM Post #2,128 of 4,614
Yeah, it's a bit difficult to set the time and date if you have large fingers. Mine are quite large, too, so I can relate with your predicament.

Font can be changed. (See bottom).
I had a similar problem at one stage until i found it the setting.

DAC600EB-9F5C-44EC-9E97-1740343CFAEB.jpeg 1511EE89-F15D-4EC9-9BEC-5DFB2039AEE1.jpeg

With external dacs as some people were asking before....

CDD5424A-C3C4-4998-8968-8FE29801C2DB.jpeg 71BB6912-632D-475C-9BD2-61C8B580B061.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back