AP80 - Hidizs next portable Hi-Res music player
Dec 9, 2018 at 5:36 PM Post #1,982 of 4,614
wow seriously?? that ticks me off i wanted blue over any of the other colors and why are they now showing up when we couldnt choose blue or purple?? with everything going on and me still not receiving a single response from hidiz prob my one and only purchase. very not cool imo if anything the special color should have been a kickstarter special only

Dec 9, 2018 at 6:10 PM Post #1,983 of 4,614
What’s with all the colou

Yes someone wanted purple too!
IIRC, Hidizs made a survey on which of the three colors should be the third option (red, blue, purple). Apparently, red won. They could've added at least the blue option IMO, though.

And anyway, congrats on finally getting your AP80 delivered, bro. Did they delivered it via express shipping or not?

wow seriously?? that ticks me off i wanted blue over any of the other colors and why are they now showing up when we couldnt choose blue or purple?? with everything going on and me still not receiving a single response from hidiz prob my one and only purchase. very not cool imo if anything the special color should have been a kickstarter special only
I agree. They could've made at least either blue or purple (why not even both?) a backer-only exclusive color.

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2018 at 6:41 PM Post #1,984 of 4,614
IIRC, Hidizs made a survey on which of the three colors should be the third option (red, blue, purple). Apparently, red won. They could've added at least the blue option IMO, though.

And anyway, congrats on finally getting your AP80 delivered, bro. Did they delivered it via express shipping or not?

I agree. They could've made at least either blue or purple (why not even both?) a backer-only exclusive color.

Yes it was express DHL from China. Which confused me because I thought all the USA units were already here. :wink:

Dec 9, 2018 at 6:55 PM Post #1,985 of 4,614
Yes it was express DHL from China. Which confused me because I thought all the USA units were already here. :wink:
That's great, then. Glad to know that they delivered yours via DHL, too. At least your 20 bucks isn't for nothing after all. :wink: Maybe yours is an exception, since you already availed express shipping, that's why your unit isn't in their mass US shipment.

Wait, from mainland China, not HK?

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2018 at 7:00 PM Post #1,987 of 4,614
That's great, then. Glad to know that they delivered yours via DHL, too. At least your 20 bucks isn't for nothing after all. :wink: Maybe yours is an exception, since you already availed express shipping, that's why your unit isn't in their mass US shipment.

Wait, from mainland China, not HK?

No my bad it was HK, I have a feeling I would have gotten it sooner without it ha ha. But yep it was express.

Dec 9, 2018 at 7:02 PM Post #1,989 of 4,614
I didn't pay for express shipping, and it arrived in Texas on December 4th. I'm curious when yours arrived with express shipping.
Yeah, it's kinda ironic that the ones who didn't availed express shipping in the US got ahead of their AP80's first, while in @abitdeef's case he got his unit a week later even though he availed express.

Dec 9, 2018 at 7:05 PM Post #1,992 of 4,614
Yeah, it's kinda ironic that the ones who didn't availed express shipping in the US got ahead of their AP80's first, while in @abitdeef's case he got his unit a week later even though he availed express.

Hey it is what it is, I hope LDAC arrives soon and they fix any broken knob problems quickly.

Unit is pretty cool, needs some UI tweaks, but the sound is solid. Used the soundfield option and it gave it a little more space between instruments.

Bad thing seems even in standby battery is draining quite fast.

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2018 at 7:13 PM Post #1,993 of 4,614
Anyone unsatisfied with the Bluetooth range? How is it?
I actually found Hidizs AP80's Bluetooth range to be better than my Xduoo X3ii. No lags at all compared to the Xduoo X3ii which is sometimes choppy.

Hey it is what it is, I hope LDAC arrives soon and they fix any broken knob problems quickly.

Unit is pretty cool, needs some UI tweaks, but the sound is solid. Used the soundfield option and it gave it a little more space between instruments.

Bad thing seems even in standby battery is draining quite fast.
Yeah, at least you got your unit already and they delivered it via DHL. I hope so too for a firmware update soon. The UI tweak I want to see the most is the ticker text scrolling when the info is too long to display. About broken knobs, I think they should stop using Elmer's Glue on them and actually use Loctite Red LMAO.

Noticed that too regarding battery life. It seems to be draining unusually fast. This thing needs better battery optimization. Add that to things that should be addressed to the next firmware update.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back