AP80 - Hidizs next portable Hi-Res music player
Aug 28, 2018 at 2:36 AM Post #481 of 4,614
Hi, is it possible to use phone as a music source and connect to AP80 wirelessly through Bluetooth , and headphones to AP80?
In other words,
phone(spotify) bluetooth --> AP80 --> iem

I heard that AP80 could be used as a Bluetooth DAC for iPhone, is that right?

@chatnever @Jacktaris Yes, it is actually possible to use your phone as a music source and connect it to your AP80 as a DAC with BT :) There will be an update about it soon on the thread and it is actually quite easy! :)

Aug 28, 2018 at 3:47 AM Post #482 of 4,614
@kenloveme Can you guys ask for specific changes to the Hiby software?

I would like the Folder/File section made more appealing than the standard R3 look.
Add alphabetical quick scrolling as it is in the Artist and Album view.

Also when resuming last played track from shutdown to be able to view that album/folder when swiping back.
It tend to swipe back to root all tracks.
Every other DAP will swipe back to the location that track is from.

Oh is the leather case coming in Black?
@Vimtoman We are going to submit it to HiBy and see if we can implement that in the future! :) Thanks for the nice suggestions! :D
You will able to choose between a brown or black leather case design :)

Aug 28, 2018 at 3:58 AM Post #484 of 4,614
Thanks kenloveme your customer service has been second to none.
@Vimtoman Thanks for your kind words! We are doing our best for you guys! :ksc75smile: Feel free to ask any questions!

Aug 28, 2018 at 4:53 AM Post #485 of 4,614
Hi Everyone!

As there have been some questions regarding the output of the AP80, here is a bit of a techie post, we’ve made different tests to show to you how the AP80 can perform with its sound quality.

The results showed on the test applies to the AP80 when it is not loaded and include: channel separation, the frequency response, the output level, SNR and the THD+N Ratio.loaded. Let’s go through it! Special thanks to @IryxBRO for helping me writing this post!

1. Channel Separation

As you know for the audio system, lower crosstalk will bring a better stereo image and wider channel separation. The AP80 has very low crosstalk which means it can provide clearer sound on both channels together with high level of channel separation.

luq5bho086jJv39rRjuWOce0t4TJ3tFjFKsmVpiK6modF5ZbVq7t0mi2Tolx7UiOWZvPtQgI2UrjKXWSQlCA-6UsMOvxqgjHN2FdmHAkN-y37T3qlN3ygcCCJo2ysLP_4IH6Nx8y

2. Frequency Response

The AP80 reach way above the Hi-Res standard of 40kHz. Actually, it can reach up to 90 KHz. This means, higher details and total control at higher frequencies which also leads to exceptional representation of the original track.

EkdOZgrNdixqmmdcnvz2OoV-zl1sau4w__IsFNt5A4DoTW6bn48TPrziPPsOq4Jr7kdc9qBlfXrxc9WUE663Z4SNL2lIO8HrJHBw_T2D-tiAz6dssnq0D-ODr0qi8qYC-AXRXi7u

3. Output levels

Output levels for both Left and Right channels are 2.048Vrms. Such output figures show the capability of AP80 to drive various IEMs and most of highly demanding full-sized monitor headphones.

APS06M44Rt3X19BEwslse-_zLjcAcQUCcsvcXZI4V_pVscxdQS5wFB9CNMrplY9Cb4TtG-diGs3utKjGOnQsqDwlXt0L59CY2PNKKYZets45sm-vXo-NPm_VKy2DPUPXZRy9q1ca

4. SNR

AP80 signal-to-noise ratio of 125dB means that this DAP can provide a crystal clear sound with almost non-existing level of noise.

fWEYAilvwZMBh88uZQaYcXpirFDMV2AmiB_9TnB4OzJeR4RieP4GO03yU8xbrGfhVGC8ai787El1mG8T9V76sVfCtE6AwHcHQOtRKSRYa1HM2DYRkhC7mwL_uVXyz7qIhVSi1UT_

5. THD+N Ratio

The THD+N Ratio of the AP80 is very low. It means very low distortion and that it is capable of reproducing audio recording with extreme accuracy.

Bln_laO8GrLqt5EhESLU9cLrQPubgRUO5dCMqOTUaKaifo-1MFhCrrwktpLIvF4r9PwCFQVjpSc663NZeThB76Pjz7eKOwCs6xD6hWzZR3K2ekzEK5ai9yy99E6fuCy_UsWeI-2V

Aug 28, 2018 at 5:03 AM Post #486 of 4,614
I heard that AP80 could be used as a Bluetooth DAC for iPhone, is that right?

Seems to work.

Ipod touch 6G/ bluetooth to Hidizs AP80 to Campfire Audio Atlas.

Using Flacplayer app by Dan Leehr

D523818F-1A34-44B3-832F-326B46DC086C.jpeg

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2018 at 5:14 AM Post #488 of 4,614
Aug 28, 2018 at 6:15 AM Post #490 of 4,614
"You're backer 1322". thanks, AP80 looks promising
@hakuzen Welcome to the Hidizs Family! Thanks for backing us up! :D We are looking forward to have your impressions on the AP80 when you will receive it :D

Aug 28, 2018 at 6:52 AM Post #492 of 4,614
Aug 28, 2018 at 9:35 AM Post #493 of 4,614
@cazone THANKS for supporting us! :D Fellow French comrade! haha.

Welcome.
Already a happy owner of a AP60 (v1).
Use it alone and with my Mojo.

Can you tell me if the digital output (USB) of the AP80 will be fixed or variable?
On the AP60 it was fixed with the first firmware’s and became variable later.

I think it is better to have a fixed digital output. Best would be to guarantee a bit perfect output for users with external DACs.

Aug 28, 2018 at 10:31 AM Post #494 of 4,614
Welcome.
Already a happy owner of a AP60 (v1).
Use it alone and with my Mojo.

Can you tell me if the digital output (USB) of the AP80 will be fixed or variable?
On the AP60 it was fixed with the first firmware’s and became variable later.

I think it is better to have a fixed digital output. Best would be to guarantee a bit perfect output for users with external DACs.

I'd like to know this as well. I do hope the digital out is fixed.

Aug 28, 2018 at 10:51 AM Post #495 of 4,614
Okay, got mine

Please note that those are first impressions and they might / may change in the final review :)

- The whole device looks nice
- Package is HIDIZS Style, simplistic, but gets you on your feet for the price. Screen protector included
- Volume wheel is a nice touch. Wiggles a bit, but for price I couldn't ask for better
- Clean overall sound, lots of power
- If you were thinking of adding DH1000, I wouldn't bother.
- Not much hiss as far as I can tell
- Display is nice and bright, bright enough to get you through using it in full daylight in Romania
- Sound has a nice width for the price
- At this moment I can't compare with neither R3 nor Shanling M0, they are both going to arrive to me later on, but for the price asked, AP80 makes one heck of a deal on an overall level.
- Batterry seems to last enough for the size and price
- stuff works alright.
- It has FM Radio which works well
- Sonic detail and clarity is better than my smartphone, and this one does not distort at loud volumes, so I'm pretty happy
- Software is a solid Hiby music spinoff, works flawlessly as far as I can tell.
- Touch screen is big enough for the device, I can navigate it happily
- On the build level, you can press on the display a lot and it won't distort, so it is made to resist some wear. This is extremely important as I expect some people will be placing this one in pockets or at the bottom of a bag, or it may sink at the bottom of your bag , so being rather resistant is pretty important
- Comes with a screen protector on front, and back, has a spare in the box
- What more can you ask at this price? :)

I'm really glad to see HIDIZS getting better and better on the firmware nowadays, this really works well for me. I mean, it is hiby who did it well, but still, happy it is done well :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back