anything better than silver bullets for under 100$?
Sep 12, 2010 at 7:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

oyster

100+ Head-Fier
Hi all
been searching for something that sounds airy, non sibilant, clear, full bodied with tight bass  for under 100$.
I'll be able able to choose only amongst the following:
-fischer audio except eterna & db02
-soundmagic
-head direct
-klipsch
-sennheiser
-ultimate ears
-shure

Kindly respond.

Sep 12, 2010 at 12:09 PM Post #3 of 11
"non sibilant" ? You really need to clarify on this one.
Hippo VB and Klipsch S4 are sibilant. I am on the fence of including head direct R0 and Panasonic HJE900, some do feel they can be "slightly" sibilant.

Sep 12, 2010 at 1:01 PM Post #4 of 11
Hi all, thanks for the response
by non sibilant i mean whatever be the amount of treble it should never sonud harsh & specially that sss or ssh sound that is mostly highlighted at end of vocal or treble notes

Are silver bullets no good?I was counting high on them. 

Sep 21, 2010 at 3:51 AM Post #5 of 11
I got my SB today, they aren't sibilant with the stock tips and fiio E7. Also I dunno what's wrong with the stock tips, they seem fine to me.

I take back the comment about the stock tips fitting fine XD! At first I thought they were just a little bass-shy, but then I Realized I wasn't getting  a good seal. Seems like I have to have M11 large shallow biflanges to make these babies fit.

edit2: DAMNIT! I can't make these fit right with any of my tips. I'm going to have to order some of those monster tips?

on a side note, I have no issues making the eternas fit with the large single flange tips that come with them.

Sep 21, 2010 at 8:01 AM Post #7 of 11

Quote:
"non sibilant" ? You really need to clarify on this one.
Hippo VB and Klipsch S4 are sibilant. I am on the fence of including head direct R0 and Panasonic HJE900, some do feel they can be "slightly" sibilant.

RE-ZEROs are smoother in the mids & highs than the RE0s which are a little aggressive.
With some artists like "Sara Bareilles" i found the RE0s to be a little sibilant.
I haven't heard any of the other above IEMs but have kept away from them because of the reviews relating to some sibilance or the highs being aggressive.
The Soundmagic PL50 are very smooth too, but the dynamic drivers of the RE-ZEROs were a level up in SQ in comparison the the BA PL50s.
Also the klipsch X5s are very smooth BAs which would be a good buy if you got them under $100.
Of the non sibilant smooth iems ive had i would go this way RE-ZEROs > Klipsch X5 > PL50s

Sep 21, 2010 at 9:08 AM Post #8 of 11

Quote:
Hi all, thanks for the response
by non sibilant i mean whatever be the amount of treble it should never sonud harsh & specially that sss or ssh sound that is mostly highlighted at end of vocal or treble notes

Are silver bullets no good?I was counting high on them. 

They're good and maybe my next purchase, Phiaton PS210, is another good choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back