Anedio D2 DAC release
Apr 4, 2012 at 5:46 PM Post #316 of 1,416
I have tried the Little Dot and a ery custom CDPro 2 transport. The Tascam was better than the LD and the equal of the Phillips. I have an ASUS g73sw with SSDs that I use for computer music. Hirez downloads are great but limited in choices of program material and lengthy to download. Nice and convenient (once you have ripped your 500 cd collection. No thanks. I use it only for streaming the BBC-very high quality btw. I use the Beebs own music server. I tunes is still the most convenient for casual listening but does not equal cds in sq. If you know of some reasonably priced transports better than the aforementioned, please let me know. I am always interested but have no interest in paying $2k for a transport. Regards

Apr 4, 2012 at 5:59 PM Post #317 of 1,416
BTW The Tascam uses a new laser mechanism especially developed for audio. Comes in two versions, a high speed for ripping and the one in the CD200 optimized for one to one playback. It represents their latest thoughts on cd playback. It is really good as you know good their rippers and Esoteric stuff is. Regards

Apr 4, 2012 at 6:45 PM Post #318 of 1,416

Quote:
computer music...Nice and convenient (once you have ripped your 500 cd collection. No thanks.

I hear you, ripping is a chore. However, it does its advantages, sort of like "random access", if you will.
For example, i use an iPhone/iPad app to select music (with cover art & such), and create play-lists, etc.

So, it's nice to sit on the patio, and just grab the iPhone or iPad to queue up the next selection
(nice & convenient, without having to necessarily compromise in sound quality).

Apr 5, 2012 at 12:57 PM Post #321 of 1,416

Quote:
As I understand it, the HiFi-Tuning fuses are directional (for current flow)... Could you please describe your installation? (a picture is always good).
Thanks.

Just place it follow the current direction. 

However, as indicated in their website, you should try both direction and determine the best sound yourself.

Apr 5, 2012 at 8:36 PM Post #322 of 1,416
Hi!

Does anybody know how to make a pre-order of Anedio D2 DAC? I've sent an email via contact form site & direct to email, but there is no any responses in 2 days already. It would be good to reserve my turn even if in next batch :frowning2:

Is that normal? Maybe someone know? And one more moment... do they have a worldwide shipping?

Apr 5, 2012 at 9:30 PM Post #323 of 1,416
Hi!

Does anybody know how to make a pre-order of Anedio D2 DAC? I've sent an email via contact form site & direct to email, but there is no any responses in 2 days already. It would be good to reserve my turn even if in next batch :frowning2:

Is that normal? Maybe someone know? And one more moment... do they have a worldwide shipping?

Just click on the "E-Store" tab, and go from there...
Unfortunately, it looks like you"ll have to wait a while:

The current batch is sold out. We will begin taking orders for the next batch on May 28, 2012, and will ship the week of June 18, 2012

Apr 5, 2012 at 9:42 PM Post #324 of 1,416
Yes, I know that, but!

Under the "D2 DAC > Overview" tab in the end of page there are following text:

Availability: The D2 DAC will begin shipping at the end of February, 2012. We are accepting pre-orders, and you may reserve a D2 DAC with a $250.00 USD deposit. We truly appreciate your patience, and we are doing our best to ship it as soon as possible.

"E-store" for buying right now ( U2 USB to SPDIF available ), but obvious there is no automated pre-order mechanism. Therefore my question has appeared.

Quote:
The current batch is sold out. We will begin taking orders for the next batch on May 28, 2012, and will ship the week of June 18, 2012

Apr 5, 2012 at 10:27 PM Post #325 of 1,416
Yes, I know that, but!

Under the "D2 DAC > Overview" tab in the end of page there are following text:

Availability: The D2 DAC will begin shipping at the end of February, 2012. We are accepting pre-orders, and you may reserve a D2 DAC with a $250.00 USD deposit. We truly appreciate your patience, and we are doing our best to ship it as soon as possible.

"E-store" for buying right now ( U2 USB to SPDIF available ), but obvious there is no automated pre-order mechanism. Therefore my question has appeared.

Quote:

I believe they are swamped, but will eventually answer you in the next few days. If not, maybe try again (spam filter issues?) just to be sure.

Apr 6, 2012 at 7:46 AM Post #326 of 1,416
Oh, I hope so. Thanks for answers.
I will wait a response for a week, if no, will write again.

Still not a 100% for sure what would be better:
Violectric DAC V800 + HPA V200(V181 what the difference?) vs. Anedio D2 DAC ...

But D2 in any case has more attractive price.

Quote:
I believe they are swamped, but will eventually answer you in the next few days. If not, maybe try again (spam filter issues?) just to be sure.

Apr 6, 2012 at 6:48 PM Post #328 of 1,416
project86,

So, in your estimation, how is the Anedio D2 stacking up against the Resonessence Invicta?
Thanks.

Well I only borrowed the Invicta for review so I no longer have it present for comparison. But the improvements over the D1 are what I'm using to gauge the differences. And I have to say that the D2 is probably equal to if not flat out better than, the Invicta. I am very impressed.

Apr 6, 2012 at 10:02 PM Post #329 of 1,416
project86,

So, in your estimation, how is the Anedio D2 stacking up against the Resonessence Invicta?
Thanks.

Well I only borrowed the Invicta for review so I no longer have it present for comparison. But the improvements over the D1 are what I'm using to gauge the differences. And I have to say that the D2 is probably equal to if not flat out better than, the Invicta. I am very impressed.

I happen to have the Invicta and previously had the Anedio D1. Based on my own experience, I would find it difficult to believe that even the newer D2 would equal, let alone exceed the performance of the Invicta, especially the current production version of it. it should recalled that Project86 originally compared the D1 to an earlier pre-production Invicta, and there were further changes made, especially to the headphone amp and operating software in the Invicta.

Apr 6, 2012 at 10:45 PM Post #330 of 1,416

Quote:
Just place it follow the current direction. 

However, as indicated in their website, you should try both direction and determine the best sound yourself.

Direction for "HiFiTuning" fuse (200mA, Slow-Blow)
OK, I pulled out an ohm-meter, and determined current flow is from the outlet into the fuse housing, as shown here:

(the picture is kind of blurry, but hopefully you'll get the idea)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back