1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Android phones and USB DACs

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by nztechfreak, Feb 9, 2012.
First

Back
508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517
519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528
Next

Last
  1. ProtegeManiac Contributor
    Quote:

Update on this: tonight my phone's USB OTG was malfunctioning, so I got a different OTG adapter, and before hooking it up to the D-Zero, I hooked it up to the HP101, on a hunch tat when I tried it, the cable was just malfunctioning. Lo and behold, it worked! Android USB audio drivers are working better than Windows (installing it into my Win7 laptop took several attempts, and now, only Foobar works - ie, YouTube and streaming sources do not).

Well, it did for about a few minutes and then the signal started stuttering. I put it back on the D-Zero and the problem wasn't there. I'm still not sure if it's just the cable again, but if I get to borrow a powered USB hub, I'm going to try it again. 

2. mellda
    Is Chord Mojo suitable for Shure 1540 or is it better to use iFi Micro iDSD? I have portable Cozoy Aegis but I can't hear any difference comparing Sony Z5 headphones output. And it really drains phone's battery. So I consider something with built-in battery. I read somewhere iFi Micro iDSD is better for big cans and Mojo for IEM. But I don't like size of iFi. I want to use it as a portable DAC to my pocket with smartphone. Or is there something better? But not more expensive.

3. shuto77

I just picked up a Galaxy S4 and a new battery last week. It's bulky, but less bulky than my all-aluminum, rounded-back HTC One M8.

If I can get all the utility of the S4 (sans removable battery) at a lower price, and smaller form factor, I'm in.

Are all those Moto phones solid via OTG because they run stock Android?

4. TonySunshine
    Galaxy s4 mini?
    http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_i9190_galaxy_s4_mini-5375.php

Quote:

5. NZtechfreak

The Mojo has plenty of power for full sized cans, it has the exact same output power as the Hugo, no idea where you heard that but it isn't accurate.

6. pigfatcat
    Do you use  wifi or 3G/4G while connectong Moto E to mojo? did you experience any interference , RF , or whatever? 

7. Hawaiibadboy Contributor

Bass test is ready to play.

roughly 680mW into 16ohm ...plenty of juice

8. legcramp

I am using it strictly as a music player with airplane mode and wifi on. I don't have Sprint as my carrier so I can't test 3g/4g. 

9. mellda
    Ok, I may have misunderstood it. It was from this discussion http://www.head-fi.org/t/789009/chord-mojo-vs-ifi-micro-idsd-vs-m9xx-optional-vs-audeze-deckard-lcd-3-or-sony-xba-z5. So do you mean there is no differenc as for Chord Mojo vs iFi micro iDSD?

10. mellda
    Thanks for that. I saw the review couple days ago. Helpful. Do you think I will hear the difference Cozoy Aegis vs Mojo?

11. Hawaiibadboy Contributor

Yes.
    The Mojo is the dominant force. Buncha fanboys hyping the **** out of it but it is in fact an amazing item. ( I just kinda hyped and fanboy'd right there)

12. Sound Eq
    i saw u entering the headphone store in one of your videos, and you keep going back to the sony a2, did u try those expensive iems like rhapsody solar or jhaudio roxanne or angie, or k10u

i am happy u like the mojo like me, i guess in the beginning you were bit skeptical, but with android and v4a and mojo its end game setup

by the way since u like to other types of music that are not bass oriented what headphones do u use for metal or progressive rock

13. Hawaiibadboy Contributor

The 800ST are amazing with the Mojo (vent covered) for all my genre' (Hip Hop, Reggae, R&B, Classic Rock,  some metallica too)

Balanced Armature bass is not for me.

14. mellda
    Ok. I am going to try it in a local shop and I'm very curious.

15. Sound Eq
    i have the sony z5 i know u tried it in the store so how is the 800st different than z5 if u remember

First

Back
508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517
519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528
Next

Last