Android phones and USB DACs
Jan 12, 2016 at 12:21 AM Post #7,726 of 9,526
The Sandisk 200GB works just fine. both in 5.0.1 and 6.0

Thank you, sir!

I've had success with Sandisk and Sony micro SD cards. I've also read that Samsung's cards are quite reliable.

Do you try to stick to Sandisk or are any other brands acceptable?

I know any other brand I haven't mentioned is probably unreliable, from what I've read.

Jan 12, 2016 at 3:45 PM Post #7,728 of 9,526
just chiming in to share some good news: i'm in the android 6.0 beta test program for xiaomi mi3/mi4. installed the latest beta mm rom today, and i'm happy to report that besides hibymusic, basically all media players (tidal, bubbleupnp, vlc, etc) support playback via usb with this rom. i have a denon da-300usb and it works like a charm. i'm a happy panda now.

beyersmile.png

Jan 12, 2016 at 8:38 PM Post #7,729 of 9,526
I've had no issues at all with a Lexar 633x 128GB microSDXC in a Lumia 822 Windows Phone for over a year now.

Lexar is Micron, a trusted brand that makes their own flash cells, high quality stuff.

Ok, good to know, thanks.

I try to be careful when it comes to storage. I was burned by a cheap external hard drive once.

Jan 13, 2016 at 2:09 AM Post #7,730 of 9,526
  Can anyone with knowledge of the Moto E LTE confirm whether it supports Android audio over USB OTG.

I know USB APP etc., work, but I also need Spotify / Tidal to work with a FiiO E18.

Ta.

Copied my post from Mojo thread:

Super happy with my super cheap transport stacked with my Mojo using the slimmer dual lock. 

I purchased this Sprint Moto E 2nd Gen with a microsd slot. It has NATIVE Android USB audio so you don't need UAPP to listen from the Mojo. Google Music works just perfectly like on my Nexus 6. It's on sale right now too for $39.99 shipped:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sprint-prepaid-motorola-moto-e-4g-with-8gb-memory-no-contract-cell-phone-black/2729581.p?acampID=0&ref=8575135&loc=0

]

Jan 13, 2016 at 2:37 AM Post #7,731 of 9,526

I purchased this Sprint Moto E 2nd Gen with a microsd slot. It has NATIVE Android USB audio so you don't need UAPP to listen from the Mojo. Google Music works just perfectly like on my Nexus 6. It's on sale right now too for $39.99 shipped:

That's really helpful, thanks.

I've managed to resurrect my S3, but having some problems with the micro USB connection. If cleaning it up doesn't work, I'll replace it with a  Moto.

Jan 13, 2016 at 3:38 AM Post #7,732 of 9,526

Super happy with my super cheap transport stacked with my Mojo using the slimmer dual lock. 

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sprint-prepaid-motorola-moto-e-4g-with-8gb-memory-no-contract-cell-phone-black/2729581.p?acampID=0&ref=8575135&loc=0

]

Ya the Motorola phones work and sound great, better than the Mojo IMO....

Jan 13, 2016 at 6:47 AM Post #7,733 of 9,526

how is os though? do you experience any lag with large sized cards?

Jan 13, 2016 at 8:26 AM Post #7,737 of 9,526
Nothing sounds better than a Mojo up to double its price range !! So bemused by some comments. 

With my new case and using thin Sticky Fixers for a really strong/thin bond. Prefer to have this orientation to guard Mojo buttons from accident pressing and sits good. Phone is Z5C with 128GB microSD.

Jan 13, 2016 at 10:28 AM Post #7,738 of 9,526
how is os though? do you experience any lag with large sized cards?

The OS is great since it's almost stock Android. Motorola is my second favorite company to use for Android just under Google devices since they don't add much bloat to the os.I haven't tried large files through my sd card yet (Samsung Evo 64gb); I will report back though.

Jan 13, 2016 at 11:18 AM Post #7,739 of 9,526
The OS is great since it's almost stock Android. Motorola is my second favorite company to use for Android just under Google devices since they don't add much bloat to the os.I haven't tried large files through my sd card yet (Samsung Evo 64gb); I will report back though.

Can you confirm if this phone can accommodate a 200gb card? I'll gladly sell this used Galaxy S4 for something a little smaller. 

I know stock Android should be relatively safe, but I know good OTG implementation can never be taken for granted. 

Jan 13, 2016 at 12:07 PM Post #7,740 of 9,526
Hello guys, iv been looking at the oppo ha 2 to use with my galaxy note 3. I was considering the lg v10 but I'm perfectly happy with my note 3 except for the sound quality lol. Anyway, I had the pleasure of picking up some blue mo fi headphones quite cheap. Would the galaxy note 3 > oppo ha 2 > blue mo fi be a good combo? Or is it overkill. If I'd have known about the ha 2 I'd have gone for that instead of the mo fi. I'm really looking for a way to bypass the audio on my note 3 completely. Any help would be great. Thanks guys :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back