1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Android phones and USB DACs

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by nztechfreak, Feb 9, 2012.
First

Back
498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507
509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518
Next

Last
  1. NZtechfreak
    Ah, no card slot in the Xiaomi Note 3, thought it did have one. Damn, for the money that's a whole lot of phone otherwise! Research continues.

Meizu M2 Note perhaps?

2. oldmate
    Ok @H20Fidelity I just tested the S3 hooked up to my HA-2 and used Poweramp which is a stock android app that does not utilize any special drivers to talk to it - just stock Android 4.3. I'm pretty sure and if I'm not someone please correct me that if Poweramp works your stock android player will as well. Bear in mind you are restricted to the android framework as far as audio goes but as you are only playing flac.

http://developer.android.com/guide/appendix/media-formats.html

You know if you stretch your budget out a little you could get a new S3. I would.

3. H20Fidelity Contributor

Galaxy S3 is looking the best option...for every dac/amp expect mine. [​IMG]

Thanks for trying mate! 

4. NZtechfreak
    Oldmate - quite correct that if PowerAMP works the stock player will also (as well as Tidal etc). PowerAMP does not supply it's own USB audio drivers.

5. shuto77

Please do. I was set on an LG G4 for this purpose, but would be thrilled if there's a cheaper option.

6. kostaszag

Sony Xperia Z family. I have a Z2 myself and am very satisfied with it. Enormous battery,  SD Card. What more can you ask?

7. DJScope

Get a Nexus phone, or anything with vanilla Android on it.

8. oldmate
    After thinking about your problem overnight I think the only solution is to buy another S4. Over your budget yes but only 33% and for that you get a new one. If you want to save more from HK only $220.00 with free postage. If I was in your situation I would be like, screw it, I'm gonna buy a new S4 and then I know it works.

You obviously know how good this Android USB DAC/AMP solution is so why not??

9. H20Fidelity Contributor
    Kind of off-topic though I have come up with a solution for using my Tralucent DAC atm.

Because the dac/amp has optical in I'm able to feed it directly from my iBasso DX80 optical out which makes a great source for this application.

I think like oldmate said I'll keep my eye out for an S4. Sometimes you can find them with small problems like not reading sim cards or faulty headphone jacks at a decent price. 

10. MadDane
    Just saw an S4 USED ON EBAY in very good condition for $89 buy it now. Add a memory card and your in!

11. NZtechfreak
    I checked AliExpress and they are selling there for like $118-149usd all the time. Done.

12. shuto77

Does anyone know if the S4 plays nicely with the Oppo HA-2?

I was leaning toward an LG G3, but the S4 seems to be a better deal since it was so popular and there are so many of them in the wild. And it's smaller.

13. DanBa
    SanDisk Ultra 200GB Micro SD at $79.99:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00V62XBQQ
    http://camelcamelcamel.com/SanDisk-Ultra-200GB-Micro-SDSDQUAN-200G-G4A/product/B00V62XBQQ

zgd0x2uvkngydzmhcjgk.jpg

amazon.png

14. Leonccyiu
    Does anyone know of a micro sub OTG hub which allows me to not only power the USB DAC, but to also charge the phone?
    I use a Cambridge Audio Dacmagic XS with my LG G3 and there is definitely an improvement in sound, but it drains the battery much quicker, the existing hubs only allow me to power the usb devices but do not charge the phone.

First

Back
498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507
509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518
Next

Last