Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones
Feb 21, 2013 at 12:45 AM Post #932 of 6,061
Would it be fair to say that if an amp does well with the HE-6 it will also do well with the HD-800?  I guess a warm amp (i.e., that's why I ordered the Darkstar) would tame the treble in both of these two - in the eyes of many - treble happy headphones? By the way, I've also kind of noticed that if the HD-800 does well with an amp, so will the T1. 

Feb 21, 2013 at 6:05 PM Post #933 of 6,061
Quote:
My new amp
smily_headphones1.gif

And for the best pairing

Now that's HOT

Feb 21, 2013 at 6:07 PM Post #934 of 6,061
Quote:
the HE-6 may or may not be the ideal classical headphone...I just don't know yet because they haven't been properly driven yet. These headphones have great potential...they just haven't fulfilled it yet. What I hear with chamber
Music and pop music is wonderful...there's got to be a way to make them sing with large orchestral works. I'm obsessed with this headphone...he's gotten into my head. This headphone has become my Moby Dick that I just have to finally catch...but the critter is so elusive and cunning!!! By the way, I love the HD800s and T1s with the Decware CSP2 in large orchestral works...but I will only be able to dismiss the HE-6 as less than great for classical when I am finally able to hear them properly driven. But it will be the darkstar or bust since I'm not spending more money on the beast. If I'm unable to climb K2 I'm moving on to Mt. Everest (sr009 and blue Hawaii).

Be cool Captain Hook.  Man you are funny.  I'll be in the market for a used DS sure nuff..
biggrin.gif

Feb 21, 2013 at 6:37 PM Post #938 of 6,061
This has to be the most intriguing and entertaining thread on HF to sit down with a bowl of tea on a daily basis. The intrigue and pursuit of pairings has me wanting to bring these cans into my inventory.

@ preproman

Tales here of Moby Dick just prompted me to watch/listen to and post Ramsey Lewis' vid - "Fish Bite." 
biggrin.gif

Feb 21, 2013 at 6:54 PM Post #939 of 6,061
This has to be the most intriguing and entertaining thread on HF to sit down with a bowl of tea on a daily basis. The? intrigue and pursuit of pairings has me wanting to bring these cans into my inventory.
Oh, I'm having fun alright...the problem is that each joke is costing me at least a thousand bucks...if the darkstar fails it'll be a joke for the ages!

Feb 21, 2013 at 6:58 PM Post #940 of 6,061
Quote:
Quote:
This has to be the most intriguing and entertaining thread on HF to sit down with a bowl of tea on a daily basis. The? intrigue and pursuit of pairings has me wanting to bring these cans into my inventory.

Oh, I'm having fun alright...the problem is that each joke is costing me at least a thousand bucks...if the darkstar fails it'll be a joke for the ages!

Well, if it's any consolation, the Soundtrack to the film "Soup For One" by CHIC is simply stunning!

Feb 21, 2013 at 7:18 PM Post #942 of 6,061
Quote:
Quote:
Well, if it's any consolation, the Soundtrack to the film "Soup For One" by CHIC is simply stunning!

I don't even know what you're talking about...so no consolation!

Going broke...eating soup for one...all alone...inside an empty home. Lyric references aside, it's a great track! I'm almost certain you'll tame the HeManCans... 

Feb 21, 2013 at 7:46 PM Post #944 of 6,061
Quote:
Quote:
Going broke...eating soup for one...all alone...inside an empty home. Lyric references aside, it's a great track! I'm almost certain you'll tame the HeManCans... 

I'm in my 40s, so if it has nothing to do with classical music or or anything pre-90s I'm lost. I know...I'm pathetic.

That you have a deep appreciation for music 
smiley_thumb.gif
 makes it alright with me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back