Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones
Aug 14, 2013 at 1:54 AM Post #1,681 of 6,061
I was considering sa-31 for my he-4 (he-6 in the near future) but now I need to compare it to the new one (I am using nfb 1.32 sabre 9018 in full current domain at the moment - thanks to this dac I have my faith in music back these days, this dac beats so many units in so many areas, it's even hard to describe, emotional connection between listener and musicians is jaw dropping, linearity in bass region amazing (real bass in aspect of quantity but with real-life quality) and mids are extremely revealing, sound is ultra smooth and has amazing weight, punch and that's with standard XO, not even TCXO, freaking steal for the money)

I am gonna wait till my local dealer to have some audition and let you know guys how it sounds

I wonder how is the self-noise in high power model

Aug 14, 2013 at 2:59 AM Post #1,682 of 6,061
Quote:
here is an interesting new amp from Kingwa for HE-6

http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/amp/Precision1/Precision1EN_Use.htm

it may as always blow out the whole competition for the price ...

check out the interiors, performance (audio precision) and power output

connecting to DAC using current domain (ACSS) and here you are ...

He beat beat Schiit to it with this amp.  I guess they will be similar is some ways..  This amp vs. the Rag....

Aug 14, 2013 at 3:04 AM Post #1,683 of 6,061
Quote:
Forget the Lcd3 and get some Staxes =p.

On my way as well 
biggrin.gif

Aug 14, 2013 at 3:24 AM Post #1,685 of 6,061
Already have my HT setup.  The speakers and amp I want:  Maggies 3.7 or Philharmonic 3s or a pair of Salks...   plus a pair of monos from Klaus.  

Anyway - I like headphones better.  When I get a bigger place.  Might think about it

Aug 14, 2013 at 3:38 AM Post #1,686 of 6,061
love that[size=x-small] full discrete ACSS non-feedback design [/size]hidden under radiators

http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/amp/Precision1/Precision1-9.JPG

I wonder how the amp sounds with HE-6 !!!!

Aug 14, 2013 at 3:54 AM Post #1,687 of 6,061
Quote:
love that[size=x-small] full discrete ACSS non-feedback design [/size]hidden under radiators

http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/amp/Precision1/Precision1-9.JPG

I wonder how the amp sounds with HE-6 !!!!

I wonder the same. Like you, I love the the Sabre DACs Kingwa have created and I have a feeling this new amp would pair very very well. I really hope this amp sounds good, but I don't want it to sound better than the "new" amp that's coming in for me haha.

Aug 14, 2013 at 4:05 AM Post #1,688 of 6,061
Quote:
I wonder the same. Like you, I love the the Sabre DACs Kingwa have created and I have a feeling this new amp would pair very very well. I really hope this amp sounds good, but I don't want it to sound better than the "new" amp that's coming in for me haha.

I've heard that Krell before and I don't think you'll be disappointed 
tongue_smile.gif

I got words back from Kingwa also - the short version is that the Master 8 is still better for headphone uses. He also did mention the Precision 1 might be more musical (less neutral) than the Master 8.

Aug 14, 2013 at 4:11 AM Post #1,689 of 6,061
Quote:
I've heard that Krell before and I don't think you'll be disappointed 
tongue_smile.gif

I got words back from Kingwa also - the short version is that the Master 8 is still better for headphone uses. He also did mention the Precision 1 might be more musical (less neutral) than the Master 8.

I have high expectations so it better not!
tongue_smile.gif

Do you remember if it was neutral, warm, or bright? I read reviews and opinions are all over the place. But I'm getting the feeling it's very neutral and greatly reflects the DAC.

Aug 14, 2013 at 4:30 AM Post #1,690 of 6,061
Quote:
I have high expectations so it better not!
tongue_smile.gif

Do you remember if it was neutral, warm, or bright? I read reviews and opinions are all over the place. But I'm getting the feeling it's very neutral and greatly reflects the DAC.

To me it is quite neutral, just a bit lively at the top end. It's typical of the Krell house sound.

Taste/system matching plays a big part here, I like Krell personally - especially their high end stuff. I could understand why some people hate Krell though 
tongue_smile.gif

Aug 14, 2013 at 4:51 AM Post #1,694 of 6,061
Leave the HE-6 crew?  Never (I hope).....    Yeah..  I want to see how all headphones sound on the Dynahi.  Also want to see if it can compete with the LAu..  Don't know right now how i'm going to get my hands on the LAu.  I would never buy that amp at that price.
confused.gif

Aug 14, 2013 at 4:54 AM Post #1,695 of 6,061
Quote:

you can't go wrong with krell solid state designs (but the price ...)

and if not the price I guess I would end up with 7.32 too, but I read many opinions that 1.32 is very very close to 7.32 for much less but comparing 1.32 to 11.32 is night and day so that's why I finally bought 1.32 which is really amazing dac, especially after 2 hours of warming up

Users who are viewing this thread

Back