Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones
Aug 5, 2013 at 11:54 PM Post #1,591 of 6,061
Quote:

Okay, just read/re-read your post... will do! I'll save money and get a pair of 25-26 Ohm resistors. What impedance will the amp see at this value? Thanks, if I have not said so to all of you.

25Ohm parallel -> The amp will see 16.666666666 Ohm load.

Generally I try to match the load with the tap - just because I can! (I also like to spend hours biasing tube within 1mV of each other) 
tongue_smile.gif

In real world though, any slight change around the 25 Ohm mark is fine.

Aug 6, 2013 at 12:01 AM Post #1,593 of 6,061
Quote:

25Ohm parallel -> The amp will see 16.666666666 Ohm load.

Generally I try to match the load with the tap - just because I can! (I also like to spend hours biasing tube within 1mV of each other) 
tongue_smile.gif

In real world though, any slight change around the 25 Ohm mark is fine.

Ooh, 
smiley_thumb.gif
 you're good! Though, I've no idea 
blink.gif
what numbers you crunched...

Aug 6, 2013 at 2:23 AM Post #1,596 of 6,061
Now not sure about the taps on the Sinhonia monoblocks. The earlier models visibly show the speaker taps for 4-8-16 ohms. On the later models like mine, I only see a single speaker tap. And I think I remembered my consultant saying to find efficient 16 ohm speakers but 8 ohm would be fine too.

I need to ask him for clarity... I left my blocks and pre behind at the studio, awaiting interconnects from Japan. Otherwise 
rolleyes.gif
 I'd just look at the bad boy right now!

Aug 6, 2013 at 9:44 AM Post #1,600 of 6,061
Quote:

Welcome to the club.  This calls for some tea.  What kind do you have on tap?
wink_face.gif

Just after lunch, I'll be having a bowl 
wink.gif
of delicate Jasmine Dragon Pearls. Not sure when the cans will arrive, but the Sansui G-22000 gets the first audition!

Aug 6, 2013 at 9:38 PM Post #1,605 of 6,061
I just bought a pioneer sx-1250 receiver and was thinking about getting the he-6. Does anyone build a high quality speaker tap adapter like what you are discussing?

If I'm not mistaken, the 1250, like many receivers of the day, drives the headphone output off the speaker outputs through a series resistor. No need for the mess of a speaker tap adapter.

se

Users who are viewing this thread

Back