Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2
Mar 19, 2013 at 3:21 PM Post #5,731 of 9,207
Ha, I believe Tyll said the LCD-3 was about 20% better than the LCD-2.

Mar 19, 2013 at 3:42 PM Post #5,732 of 9,207
Quote:
True but you still have to find a right balance and compromise if within a limited budget. i.e) $2000 LCD3 isn't a smart choice when you can have 93% of the same sound with half the price.

Budget is always a consideration, that really goes without saying.

In more simple terms - start with the headphone, then consider your source, then finally the amp. You could potentially swap the order on source and amp, but the rig should always be built around the headphone first, imo.
Quote:
Ha, I believe Tyll said the LCD-3 was about 20% better than the LCD-2.

I would probably agree with that number from a purely technical standpoint, however, my level of "satisfaction and enjoyment" has easily doubled.

Mar 20, 2013 at 12:45 AM Post #5,734 of 9,207
Well, the second question would be, this is my actual first entry into the audiophile world. I can get the LCD-2 but my family won't be happy, but they would still allow me to do so. They are very much fine if I purchase the hd650. Considering the fact that I have to spend a sum of money again to buy an amp/dac for the lcd2, u guys think I should start slow or go-for-it!

EDIT: Seems like an inappropriate question but I am asking this because I am afraid an appropriate amp would cost me quite a bit.

Mar 20, 2013 at 12:50 AM Post #5,736 of 9,207
Asgard 2, Bifrost, HE500. gogogo
Quote:
Well, the second question would be, this is my actual first entry into the audiophile world. I can get the LCD-2 but my family won't be happy, but they would still allow me to do so. They are very much fine if I purchase the hd650. Considering the fact that I have to spend a sum of money again to buy an amp/dac for the lcd2, u guys think I should start slow or go-for-it!

EDIT: Seems like an inappropriate question but I am asking this because I am afraid an appropriate amp would cost me quite a bit.

Mar 20, 2013 at 5:52 AM Post #5,739 of 9,207
I think I'm over Project Sunrise for now...was waiting for their upcoming "Project Ember" amp for a while but it kept on getting delayed and I'm thinking about jumping ship.

Anyways, has anyone heard both the Burson Soloist and the WA7 to help me make an educated choice? I'm between the two for a decision...the source for the Burson being a Dacport LX (at least for now), while the WA7 has an inbuilt DAC?

Mar 20, 2013 at 1:20 PM Post #5,740 of 9,207
myap2328...

I have the LCD2's and have gone thru sevearl amps...

the one I have kept is the o2 amp....u can get for $99.....

it drives the LCD2's with authority and it doesnt break the bank....

Alex

Mar 20, 2013 at 4:33 PM Post #5,743 of 9,207
Quote:
myap2328...

I have the LCD2's and have gone thru sevearl amps...

the one I have kept is the o2 amp....u can get for $99.....

it drives the LCD2's with authority and it doesnt break the bank....

Alex

Somehow I have been waiting for this. Must be some kind of head-fi conditioning
popcorn.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back