Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2
May 31, 2011 at 1:13 PM Post #2,416 of 9,207
I considered the B22 for a while but eventually I had to remove it from my list of possibles.  For me all the info surrounding the amp was confusing.  You have to find a builder. 2ch, 3ch, 4ch.  Warranty service?  The  more questions I had the less I regarded the B22 as a possible amp no matter the sound.  There where just too many other amps as options to consider the B22 for me so I ruled it out.   I'll admit my low confidence is most likely completely unwarranted but I've gambled too much over the decades with audio equipment and most of the time I was on the short end of the gamble.  

May 31, 2011 at 1:26 PM Post #2,417 of 9,207
I agree, that if one is considering commissioning a 4-board b22 that one could look into a Liquid Fire, yes?

May 31, 2011 at 1:33 PM Post #2,418 of 9,207
I did not consider the 4CH B22 purely because of the possible problems that could arise without a reliable warranty service. I would rather pick an amp designed by a notable manufacturer that provides me with some form of warranty.

Quote:
I agree, that if one is considering commissioning a 4-board b22 that one could look into a Liquid Fire, yes?

Hmm not really. There are other amps in the $2k+ range that are fantastic. I haven't heard the Liquid Fire so it might be the runaway winner.

May 31, 2011 at 2:50 PM Post #2,420 of 9,207
Yes that would be sufficient no doubt.

May 31, 2011 at 2:55 PM Post #2,421 of 9,207

NFB-12: 3.5 watts at 25 ohms.  It should be able to power the LCD-2 plenty well.
Quote:
Hello,

I have a question about the LCD2, do you think a NFB 12 (Audio GD) can decently drive this headphones ? I have no other amp.

Thanks you very much

Marc

May 31, 2011 at 7:40 PM Post #2,422 of 9,207
Hi!

So I guess this might have been answered before, but I have given up on reading through every page of this thread as it's constantly filling up with new posts, but here it goes :)

What is in your opinion the best DAC + AMP combination for the LCD-2's under $1000?

I currently only have the uDac2 and can't for the life of me figure out what to pull the trigger on next. A better dac with a better integrated amplifier like the DacMini? Or maybe the Schiit Lyr with some other dac? Could really use some help here :)

I would like it to bring out more of the lows as well as control the highs a bit better than the uDac2 does now, also it wouldn't hurt me if it was a bit warmer - I don't do any analytic listening other than that I enjoy hearing all the details present in the original uncompressed track. The availability to test equipment like this where I live is ~0 sadly.

I listen to a wide range of music, old punk and rock like The Clash well as newer Hiphop like Atmosphere etc. and also a lot of laid back female vocals like Mazzy Star, Cowboy Junkies and Cat Power.

Thanks for any suggestions!

May 31, 2011 at 7:42 PM Post #2,423 of 9,207
yes it has been answered..don't be lazy and search through the thread instead. 
very_evil_smiley.gif

May 31, 2011 at 11:44 PM Post #2,427 of 9,207
ok, well it is not new to the market but i haven't heard LCD-2 on one of them yet and figured it was worth a shot for the money.

yeah close, no tube rectifier power supply on this one but it is push-pull so it has a bit more power than the wa22.  David from LD said it can do almost 10W into 50 ohms.  I am not familiar enough with the circuit design so I can't say that is right or wrong.

Jun 1, 2011 at 12:42 AM Post #2,430 of 9,207

Quote:
Hi!

So I guess this might have been answered before, but I have given up on reading through every page of this thread as it's constantly filling up with new posts, but here it goes :)

What is in your opinion the best DAC + AMP combination for the LCD-2's under $1000?

I currently only have the uDac2 and can't for the life of me figure out what to pull the trigger on next. A better dac with a better integrated amplifier like the DacMini? Or maybe the Schiit Lyr with some other dac? Could really use some help here :)

I would like it to bring out more of the lows as well as control the highs a bit better than the uDac2 does now, also it wouldn't hurt me if it was a bit warmer - I don't do any analytic listening other than that I enjoy hearing all the details present in the original uncompressed track. The availability to test equipment like this where I live is ~0 sadly.

I listen to a wide range of music, old punk and rock like The Clash well as newer Hiphop like Atmosphere etc. and also a lot of laid back female vocals like Mazzy Star, Cowboy Junkies and Cat Power.

Thanks for any suggestions!

I would recommend you consider the Lyr for an amp and continue using the μDAC-2 until Schiit comes out with their entry level DAC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back