Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2
Aug 26, 2015 at 2:56 PM Post #8,116 of 9,207
  Wondering if anyone on here has had a chance to audition or even purchase the new Mjolnir 2 from Schiit Audio? Seems an interesting amp, and I for one am curious how other Audeze owners like them (considering getting one for my LCD-2).

Cheers!

I'm listening to that combo right now in balanced mode. Very nice synergy...

Aug 27, 2015 at 3:26 PM Post #8,117 of 9,207
I am looking at the LCD-2, I keep reading they have a small soundstage.... Does the fazor improve the soundstage compared to the non fazor? Anyone compare the LCD-2 to the SRH 1540? How does the soundstage size compare? Or what about compared to the HD650?

Aug 27, 2015 at 4:15 PM Post #8,118 of 9,207
The Audeze LCD-2 Fazor is more pleasing to me than the Sennheiser HD-650.
 I bought them BOTH about the same time and ended up returning the HD-650 and kept the LCD-2.
They are both fantastic headphones but I like Audeze the most.
Can't comment or give my opinion on the other headphone you are asking about.

Aug 27, 2015 at 4:37 PM Post #8,119 of 9,207
I have the LCD2.2F and the Senn HD650. The HD650 seems to be a bit more picky about the amp supplying the signal. My HD650 sounds much better out of my Elekit TU-8200DX than the Mojnir 2 (I tried balanced and single ended). My LCD2.2F sound fantastic with both amps. Over all it's too close to pick a favorite, but The HD650 gives up almost nothing in terms of sound quality (the LCD has a tighter low end, but the HD650 has nicer mids) if paired with an amp that it works well with.

Aug 27, 2015 at 7:27 PM Post #8,120 of 9,207
  I am looking at the LCD-2, I keep reading they have a small soundstage.... Does the fazor improve the soundstage compared to the non fazor? Anyone compare the LCD-2 to the SRH 1540? How does the soundstage size compare? Or what about compared to the HD650?

I personally think the sound-stage is amazing. I didn't find it lacking compared to my HD600.

Aug 27, 2015 at 11:38 PM Post #8,121 of 9,207

I've the fazors: they have great soundstage and are capable of amazing imaging!

Aug 28, 2015 at 8:08 AM Post #8,122 of 9,207
Mine are the pre-fazor, and are a very in-close sound, much like the 650. If you want wider the HD-800 or AKG's are good, but very different sounds.

Aug 28, 2015 at 8:13 AM Post #8,123 of 9,207
  Mine are the pre-fazor, and are a very in-close sound, much like the 650. If you want wider the HD-800 or AKG's are good, but very different sounds.

Maybe I got a bit carried away. But with a good live recording the audience 'sounds' come from way off to the left or right; they don't sound 'attached' to the drivers, at all.

Aug 28, 2015 at 8:27 AM Post #8,124 of 9,207

Maybe I got a bit carried away. But with a good live recording the audience 'sounds' come from way off to the left or right; they don't sound 'attached' to the drivers, at all.

I'm guessing (well, more what I've read) that this is where the fazors really do help, along with the imaging. For mine I get great texture, bass and naturalness to the timbre and tone of instruments, but little imaging, separation and stage. I wish I had a fazor'd pair to try A/B'ing! That said, they can pry my classics out of my cold, dead hands lol.

Aug 29, 2015 at 3:17 AM Post #8,126 of 9,207
  pre fazor gets a deeper sound while fazor gives you a more detailed sound. I prefer the fisrt.

Have you A/B tested them?

Aug 29, 2015 at 7:09 AM Post #8,128 of 9,207
  Yes. I brought my LCD 2.2 and compared it to LCD2, LCDX and LCD3 (all fazor).

Going a bit OT. But, if you have the time, it would be nice if you could give some comparisons between these 'phones, maybe on another thread.

Of course, I'm most interested to read about how the LCD2F compares i.e. what does the non-fazor (lcd2.2) give away, in terms of imaging and resolution, to the lcd2f? It's becoming well established that the non-fazor has better bass, but what about the rest of the frequency spectrum and any other factors?

Cheers.

Aug 29, 2015 at 7:34 AM Post #8,129 of 9,207

Going a bit OT. But, if you have the time, it would be nice if you could give some comparisons between these 'phones, maybe on another thread.

Of course, I'm most interested to read about how the LCD2F compares i.e. what does the non-fazor (lcd2.2) give away, in terms of imaging and resolution, to the lcd2f? It's becoming well established that the non-fazor has better bass, but what about the rest of the frequency spectrum and any other factors?

Cheers.

Well 2F had more detailed and had a larger soundstage but was less involving because there was less foundation (bass). The LCD2.2 sounded more natural and balanced for me. Also with my amp (bryston bha-1) the LCD2.2 has enough details for my taste.

Aug 29, 2015 at 11:43 AM Post #8,130 of 9,207
  Well 2F had more detailed and had a larger soundstage but was less involving because there was less foundation (bass). The LCD2.2 sounded more natural and balanced for me. Also with my amp (bryston bha-1) the LCD2.2 has enough details for my taste.

Out of all the reading I did (many, many pages lol) that seems as good a consensus as any. I trade-off, and pick your poison.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back