Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2
Oct 19, 2011 at 3:55 PM Post #4,201 of 9,207

Quote:
I'm going to be using the LCD2 with my iPhone headphone out (until the ALO MK3 comes out). Win or fail?
biggrin.gif

I'd say Win, GG. You are privileged enough to have an iPhone and LCD-2 - wonderful. I've enjoyed music with my rev2 fed directly of my iPhone and to be honest, there wasn't that much difference in sound between that combo and my laptop/Lavry DA10/rev2 combo with the same tracks. 

Wishing you health to enjoy the LCD-2. 
o2smile.gif

Oct 20, 2011 at 3:55 PM Post #4,202 of 9,207

Quote:

What tubes are you using with the Lyr? It responds very much to tube changes. With the right tubes, I preferred the Lyr over both the Burson and Concerto.
smile.gif

I am using the GE 6BZ7's that I ordered the amp with. It is a very nice amp but as I said I just am not getting the instrument separation as I get with the Burson, congestion is the best ways can describe it. I love the power and subsequent headroom it provides but I don't find myself as enamoured as others. I was surprised my friend so adamantly preffered the WA6 as RMAF. I may look to roll in some nicer tubes but am just cautious about spending too much until I decide I want to keep it. I appreciate the help very much!

Oct 20, 2011 at 5:18 PM Post #4,203 of 9,207

Quote:
I'm going to be using the LCD2 with my iPhone headphone out (until the ALO MK3 comes out). Win or fail?
biggrin.gif

Killer combo i say. 
tongue.gif

Is there a release date for the MK3?

Oct 20, 2011 at 5:51 PM Post #4,204 of 9,207

Killer combo i say. 
tongue.gif

Is there a release date for the MK3?

Ken says January.
Becoming skeptical. MKII was not for the LCD2. Will MKIII be? :| That is my question to answer before the end of next week. Mission is a go.

I'd say Win, GG. You are privileged enough to have an iPhone and LCD-2 - wonderful. I've enjoyed music with my rev2 fed directly of my iPhone and to be honest, there wasn't that much difference in sound between that combo and my laptop/Lavry DA10/rev2 combo with the same tracks. 

Wishing you health to enjoy the LCD-2. 
o2smile.gif

Sweet. :) Thanks!

Oct 20, 2011 at 7:09 PM Post #4,205 of 9,207

Quote:
Ken says January.
Becoming skeptical. MKII was not for the LCD2. Will MKIII be? :| That is my question to answer before the end of next week. Mission is a go.
Sweet.
smily_headphones1.gif
Thanks!

Awesome, i would like to know as well. 
smile.gif

Oct 23, 2011 at 6:44 AM Post #4,206 of 9,207
I unfortunately don't have the time to read 281 pages so I was wondering if there was a gerenal consensus or a list of top 5-10 solid state amps for the lcd-2 (under $1K). Thanks for the help/info

Oct 23, 2011 at 12:18 PM Post #4,208 of 9,207

Quote:
I unfortunately don't have the time to read 281 pages so I was wondering if there was a gerenal consensus or a list of top 5-10 solid state amps for the lcd-2 (under $1K). Thanks for the help/info

A consensus on head-fi, not very likely!

Oct 23, 2011 at 1:34 PM Post #4,209 of 9,207
Agree with Jax' Violectric recommendations. The V100 might deserve mention too - it has the power though not the refinement of the other two.

KWKarth thought well of the Schiit Asgard in the early days - he might chime in if this has changed.

Jan Meier's forthcoming Classic - about one month away from release; specs up soon; prototype review coming from Skylab soon - will be worth placing on the list, especially if it has more power than his Concerto. Concerto was thought by some to pair well, whereas others thought its power too low (max I 500mA; max V 10 with 4V input, peak power about 1.7W with suitable input into an LCD2).

Early reports of the (introductory price) $499 AudioGD NFB10SE (built-in DAC; balanced as well as single-ended) are enthusiastic; other AudioGD amps e.g. recent C2 would similarly be recommended I suspect.

Burson HA160 - not sure of price but think it's sub-1000

I'm sure there's a few I've forgotten - try searching for Skylab's round-up of (22?) SS amps too...

Edit: only after did I think to read your profile - of course you already know how the Burson 160D and V100 sound!

Oct 23, 2011 at 3:00 PM Post #4,212 of 9,207
My favorite amp to the LCD-2s is a quite solid German:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back