Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2
Jun 7, 2011 at 10:01 PM Post #2,566 of 9,207
I don't see the LCD-2's as being the power hog everyone keeps talking about. On my relatively low powered Mappletree amp I'm only listening at 50% volume and on the PV it's about 30% volume.  I got the PV knowing that I'd have to quickly sell it or the mappletree but I still can't decide which one I like better - so there's clearly more to amp/hp synergy than a couple stats.  (ok, the APV is clearly better but you're paying for a much more complex system and fancy preamp but I like the simplicity of the MAD and it still sounds awesome).

Jun 7, 2011 at 10:12 PM Post #2,567 of 9,207
I don't see the LCD-2's as being the power hog everyone keeps talking about. On my relatively low powered Mappletree amp I'm only listening at 50% volume and on the PV it's about 30% volume.  I got the PV knowing that I'd have to quickly sell it or the mappletree but I still can't decide which one I like better - so there's clearly more to amp/hp synergy than a couple stats.  (ok, the APV is clearly better but you're paying for a much more complex system and fancy preamp but I like the simplicity of the MAD and it still sounds awesome).

I used to own the MAD Ear+HD and yes it could play the LCD-2s loud enough. It's max power is 170mW. I suggest you try the LCD-2s on a more powerful amp (2W ish+) to see what they can really do.

Jun 8, 2011 at 9:14 AM Post #2,569 of 9,207
Looks like you have the tube virus now.  
gs1000.gif

Great to see that you are beginning to experience what the Lyr can do.  Keep an ear out on the new Schiit amp that is planned.  It will be a game changer from what I have heard.  

Message was meant to reply to Zilch.

Jun 8, 2011 at 12:20 PM Post #2,571 of 9,207

Quote:
Looks like you have the tube virus now.  
gs1000.gif

Great to see that you are beginning to experience what the Lyr can do.  Keep an ear out on the new Schiit amp that is planned.  It will be a game changer from what I have heard.  

Message was meant to reply to Zilch.

I thought they were just releasing a new DAC. Are they releasing a new high-end amp as well?

Jun 8, 2011 at 7:40 PM Post #2,576 of 9,207

Quote:

[size=medium]
V200.  In the house.
[/size]

Well done!  I hope it lives up to your expectations with the LCD-2's!  I'm sure you'll be back with impressions after giving it a nice break-in.  We're all looking forward to it.

Jun 8, 2011 at 8:53 PM Post #2,580 of 9,207
I think he's got an apex peak, so I would assume that's plenty powerful enough.

No doubt the P/V is a great amp for driving the LCD-2s (though I wish it was closer to at least 2W into 50ohms)...but my comment was strictly limited to the MAD Ear+HD (one of the very best Grado amps out there BTW).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back