Alessandro Music Series MS1 FAN CLUB!
Oct 14, 2007 at 6:05 PM Post #1,757 of 3,117
Been waiting for a week? where do you live? Has anybody inside the US experienced a delay this month? (for people who live near L.A., how long did the cans take to be delivered?)

Oct 15, 2007 at 1:44 PM Post #1,759 of 3,117
Hi everyone.
After following this thread for a few days,I finally get myself one this morning.
It sounds great with my 80G ipod.
280smile.gif

The only issue I have with this phones is my ears start to become hot after half an hour.Did anyone here have this kind of experience before??
Is it caused by the comfies??
Pls help me
frown.gif

Oct 15, 2007 at 2:13 PM Post #1,760 of 3,117
just thought id my name to this fan club!! i bought my MS1s about a month ago from a man on Audiogon. they are almost three years old and sufficiently broken in, both in driver and cushions. i have no desire to go to HD414 pads as these are the most comfy "on ear" headphones ive ever put on my head. the pads have sort of turned brownish from the previous owner. can i dye them with black sharpie ink???

how long has the MS-1 been in existence?? does anyone know?

Oct 15, 2007 at 10:21 PM Post #1,762 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by tkh89 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi everyone.
After following this thread for a few days,I finally get myself one this morning.
It sounds great with my 80G ipod.
280smile.gif

The only issue I have with this phones is my ears start to become hot after half an hour.Did anyone here have this kind of experience before??
Is it caused by the comfies??
Pls help me
frown.gif

mmm when i'm sitting at my computer my ears don't get hot (unless im eating a very spicy curry
blink.gif
), only warm. but the one time i used them outside and i was walking my ears did get pretty hot. i also use the comfies.

Oct 15, 2007 at 11:20 PM Post #1,763 of 3,117
Probably just foam on the ears makes it quite warm. Don't worry, I have the same problem, and the ears get pretty hot in the summertime. I use reversed HD-414 pads too, so not just the comfies.

Oct 16, 2007 at 12:01 AM Post #1,764 of 3,117
Argh.. Can't wait till my MS1's come.. Does anybody know if they work on the weekends? This may make my delivery a little bit later than I originally thought since i ordered on a friday

Oct 16, 2007 at 12:59 AM Post #1,765 of 3,117
Check the balance on your card, and if they've charged it, then your MS1's are on the way. I can't speak for shipping speed (I don't have mine yet, and you live in CA), so I'd guesstimate about a week before you get them.

I ordered mine yesterday, still nothing. I live in MA though, so it should be relatively speedy.

Oct 16, 2007 at 3:11 PM Post #1,767 of 3,117
I have used MS-1 about 3 months now, and today I got MS-2i. I'm a bit surprised, because I can't say which one is better
cool.gif

Maybe tomorrow when "E-mu 0404 usb" arrives.

Oct 18, 2007 at 1:37 AM Post #1,769 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by joos /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have used MS-1 about 3 months now, and today I got MS-2i. I'm a bit surprised, because I can't say which one is better
cool.gif

Maybe tomorrow when "E-mu 0404 usb" arrives.

The MS2i begins to show its' true potential when a better source and amp are present. But interestingly; I have a tendency to put on the MS-1 for those tunes which put me more on the stage or in the studio with the performers. I feel a better sense of intimacy with the MS-1, that the larger soundstage of the MS2i often loses.

I can also relax and enjoy the music a little more easily with MS-1. MS2i sometimes displays just too much stuff and tends to make you listen a bit more intently.

....and of course MS2i is a bit brighter and a whole bunch heavier.
blink.gif

wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back