Alessandro Music Series MS1 FAN CLUB!
Sep 18, 2007 at 8:15 PM Post #1,726 of 3,117
OMG...i got the HD414 pads...

and may I quote Emeril: BAM!!!

I'm loving the sound!!!

I ordered 2 pairs just in case I didn't like the mods. So I put on the unmodded 414s on and boy they were comfy. My ears didn't go through the pads and touch the plastic housings...my ears were happy so far. Turning on my music on my ibook, the highs seemed to be tamed but bass response similar to the comfies. A bit veiled imo...

So i quarter modded them....more bass...balancing out the highs...clearer throughout... *huge grin* perfect!!!

I'm so glad I spent the 7 dollars on a pair of the pads. The other pads ill save for my roommate's present either for his birthday or christmas...(his comfies were looking and feeling a bit funky...) I'm sure he'll like the quarter mod on his sr-60s.

Question though...how in the world are you supposed to do the reversed pads? Are you supposed to cut the hole bigger than a quarter and then stick the housings into the hole backwards? I couldn't fit the housings into the quarter-sized holes...I didn't want to rip my new "canned pineapple slices" in half forcing it through.

Just a note...I think that this mod brings the audio quality on my ibook just on par with my old compaq laptop sq... I couldnt believe that apple's audio is worse but it is imo.

Sep 18, 2007 at 8:27 PM Post #1,728 of 3,117
the thing is that here in italy the ksc75 cost 27+9euros for shipment, the alessandro ms1 with the good change tax cost 70 euros without any cost for shipment, so the difference is not so much...
cool.gif

Sep 19, 2007 at 3:14 AM Post #1,730 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by ev01ut10ndt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Question though...how in the world are you supposed to do the reversed pads? Are you supposed to cut the hole bigger than a quarter and then stick the housings into the hole backwards? I couldn't fit the housings into the quarter-sized holes...I didn't want to rip my new "canned pineapple slices" in half forcing it through.

You just have to fit the housing in the quarter-sized holes
wink.gif
A little stretching has to be done but trust me the 414 pads are stronger than you think.

Sep 19, 2007 at 3:18 AM Post #1,731 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by Televator /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was so jealous of all your MS1's, I modded my SR-60's to look more like MS1's
tongue.gif

Those look really nice! Can I ask you were you got the screen from?

Sep 19, 2007 at 10:07 AM Post #1,732 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gizmo90 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Those look really nice! Can I ask you were you got the screen from?

sure, they were cut out of a $3 splatter screen for skillets. The rescreen was a side-project of my recable. Both would also be quite easy (and interesting) to do with MS1's. For further pics (also of the splatter screen) I direct you to my post in the DIY cable gallery.

Oct 2, 2007 at 11:22 AM Post #1,733 of 3,117
I have had my MS-1's for about 3 months and apart from the excellent sound they have made me much more handsome!

Girls will just stop in the street and stare, when before they wouldn't give me the time of day.

wink.gif

Oct 7, 2007 at 11:03 PM Post #1,734 of 3,117
I considered buying a few other cans for my first "real" headphones.. But now i want the MS1! One problem... I still go to high school and I need to convince my parents that this is a good reason..
blink.gif

Oct 7, 2007 at 11:42 PM Post #1,735 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chickenman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I considered buying a few other cans for my first "real" headphones.. But now i want the MS1! One problem... I still go to high school and I need to convince my parents that this is a good reason..
blink.gif

Hmmmm....what would I tell my parents?

I might say that these are really tough cans that can stand up to four little kids ages 5 through 12(yeah! They can....and DID!). That they're an open design and it would be extremely rude to play them too loud around others, which will help protect your own hearing as well. They are considered by many to be serious entry-level audiophile phones and as such help teach responsibility and music appreciation. While they will certainly play rock quite well, they are intended by design to be used by musical professionals in their work and are not just consumer products. Really!
smily_headphones1.gif

...hey! It worked on my Wife when "I" wanted to buy some!
biggrin.gif

Now all my Grandkids each want a set for themselves!

Oct 7, 2007 at 11:50 PM Post #1,736 of 3,117
Thanks for the info F107plus5.
smily_headphones1.gif
Do you think the MS1 could do well without an amp? I don't want to buy an amp until i get out my house and to college.

Oct 8, 2007 at 4:50 AM Post #1,739 of 3,117
After giving both the MS-1 and KSC-75's a careful listen, it sounds as if the MS-1 was an extended KSC-75. The bass definately had more impact and the overall sound had more energy. It sounded more enjoyable IMO---now is it worth the $80 upgrade? Depends on how much sound quality means to you.

@ Chickenman: I tried my MS-1 amped and to be honest, it didn't sound any better or worse at all. My amp, at the very least didn't seem to affect the sound.

Oct 8, 2007 at 5:09 AM Post #1,740 of 3,117
ahh thanks Mysteek. My parents are thinking about it
smily_headphones1.gif
Soon.. Just soon.. I'll experience the MS1.. Maybe be the only 15 year old in my school to have em
icon10.gif
Too bad mp3 players aren't allowed at my school or i could be
rs1smile.gif
(imagine the wood parts black for the smiley)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back