Alessandro Music Series MS1 FAN CLUB!
Oct 8, 2007 at 6:32 AM Post #1,741 of 3,117
Mine should be coming in this week.

How quick are they to ship?

Pretty stoked.

Oct 8, 2007 at 3:17 PM Post #1,742 of 3,117
I have a pair of MS1s for sale. They are two months old and come with quarter modded HD 414 pads. if anyone interested just pm me...

Oct 8, 2007 at 3:49 PM Post #1,743 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chickenman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the info F107plus5.
smily_headphones1.gif
Do you think the MS1 could do well without an amp? I don't want to buy an amp until i get out my house and to college.

One of the reasons I bought MS-1 was to be able to get out without an amp cause I was too lazy to carry the extra stuff around with me all the time!

I find that with my particular system that an amp does help the MS-1, but it's not by a great margin. So there's certainly no rush to run out and get one at that.

And for what it's worth; my (now)13 year old Grandson loves to wander out with my MS-1 with the bright yellow Senns 414 earpads. He'd take them to school if he could too!

....the school would let him....but "I" wont!
mad.gif

Maybe next year.
very_evil_smiley.gif

tongue.gif

I mentioned that they were tough cans, and they really are. Our four Grandkids had almost complete control of them last year right after I got my MS2i, for about four full months! I took them back the day that the cans fell from their computer chair and got tangled up in the swivel base. One of them inadvertently gave the chair a spin and the cans and the cable tried to go in different directions. There were quite a few areas between the "Y" block of the cable and both housings where the insulation was pretty badly damaged, but the phones never pulled apart and they still play beautifully. I did add some electrical tape to hide the damage and give some protection, but otherwise they still work like new.

....OK; they don't exactly "Look" like new anymore since the youngest one came home from Kindergarten with some blue facepaint on and transfered a lot of it to the yellow pads. But; yeah, a lot of it did wash out....but not ALL of it.
frown.gif

Oct 13, 2007 at 3:36 AM Post #1,747 of 3,117
Got mines today.

I must say I'm a fan.
icon10.gif

Threw on some HD414 pads ... way comfy.

Already thinking about ordering another pair for the quarter mod but they already sound good to me.

Oct 13, 2007 at 3:58 AM Post #1,749 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by arevalo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Got mines today.

I must say I'm a fan.
icon10.gif

Threw on some HD414 pads ... way comfy.

Already thinking about ordering another pair for the quarter mod but they already sound good to me.

You must quarter mod
smily_headphones1.gif
I haven't tried the HD414 pads because I am way happy with my quarter modded comfies, but if it's anything like the difference between modded and non-modded comfies you should definitely go for it.

Oct 13, 2007 at 4:32 PM Post #1,750 of 3,117
I became curious about MS1s because some folks say they’re not classical phones which is all I listen to so I had to hear them and finally got them this past week. I compared them to HD600s while listening to Karajan’s Boris Gudunov on London and they’re open and airy and image quite well -singers move around while singing and they're much more comfortable than the HD600 which I never forget I'm wearing so MS1s compare quite well to HD600s. I like a well controlled, almost reticent bass with a slight treble emphasis and the MS1s are exactly that.

Oct 13, 2007 at 4:59 PM Post #1,751 of 3,117
I'll sign on to the MS1 fan club. They're my favorite portable headphone when isolation isn't an issue. I think you can really enjoy 99% of their performance with a decent portable set-up. I'm using them with an iPod Nano and Hornet M, which I find to be a good synergy with the MS1.

Oct 13, 2007 at 5:03 PM Post #1,752 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by wae5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I became curious about MS1s because some folks say they’re not classical phones which is all I listen to so I had to hear them and finally got them this past week. I compared them to HD600s while listening to Karajan’s Boris Gudunov on London and they’re open and airy and image quite well -singers move around while singing and they're much more comfortable than the HD600 which I never forget I'm wearing so MS1s compare quite well to HD600s. I like a well controlled, almost reticent bass with a slight treble emphasis and the MS1s are exactly that.

I guess the first rule about listening is that there are no rules! I quite often listen to classical with my MS-1 and MS2i, as I often listen to classical rock with HD600. It's incredible what a wide range of musical types the MS-1 are comfortable with.

I also agree as to how comfortable the MS-1 "can" be as well, compared with HD600.

....we must have similar head and ear sizes!

Oct 14, 2007 at 6:06 AM Post #1,753 of 3,117
I have a question before I get my MS1's. Do you guys wash the pads because I heard it can make it softer in another thread. Just wondering since soft = more comfortable.

Oct 14, 2007 at 6:54 AM Post #1,754 of 3,117
Softer does not always mean more comfortable imo.

Go with the HD414 pads for comfort.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back