Alessandro Music Series MS1 FAN CLUB!
Oct 19, 2007 at 1:57 AM Post #1,771 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chickenman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does Alessandro answer emails quickly? I just sent them an email to ask them when my order was coming.

They have answered mine in no more than 48 hours, however their answers are rather monosyllabic and to the point, not too customer-friendly in my opinion.

The other thing is that since Alessandro 'phones are only shipped via regular USPS (to keep their flat rates), they will only tell you when they were shipped. There is no tracking number to check. This is rather nerve-wrecking if you are overseas and your local postal service isn't too great (such is my case. It took me a full month to get my MS1s!). However, my guess is that in the US this shouldn't be a problem.

Oct 19, 2007 at 4:49 PM Post #1,773 of 3,117
After few days of burning the phones (and also my ears),it sounds even better.
I'm now in the process of rediscovering my entire CDs collection and delete those "unlistenable" mp3s.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Here's some pics.

DSC_0036is.jpg

DSC_0048is.jpg

DSC_0016is.jpg

Oct 20, 2007 at 3:41 AM Post #1,778 of 3,117
"They deliver mail on Saturdays but not Sundays. However, the mail does continue to "travel" on Sunday. It's just that the Post Offices are closed and mail is not delivered to your home. So really count service and delivery time to be safe as Mon. thru Sat. only."

Source: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...3234643AAUYr4E

:p

Oct 20, 2007 at 12:26 PM Post #1,782 of 3,117
because when I posted it as a new topic, no one cared.
frown.gif

Rather than consider MS1s to be a lesser version of Alessandro’s MS2s, I like to think they’re a very successful attempt to stuff the Alessandro house sound into a very lightweight, extremely comfortable (for me anyway), easily driven, elegant (look ma no buttons!) headphone that easily competes with phones well above their pay grade. I asked my MS1s to go where no MS1 has gone before by playing mammoth classical works like Mahler’s 5, 6, and 7th symphonies with Yoel Levi on Telarc, the Shostakovich symphonies with Barshai on Brilliant Classics, Shostakovich’s complete Concertos on Philips, the sublime Shostakovich Piano concertos with Marc-Andre Hamelin on Hyperion, and Moazrt’s transcendental Le Nozze di Figaro and Cosi fan Tutti conducted by Rene Jacobs on Harmonia Mundi. These are real torture tests for any phone and the MS1s came through with flying colors. A few months ago I auditioned Grado SR325is and returned them because they weren't as good as my K501s, K701s, and HD600s. I don’t feel this way about my MS1s. They’re lighter and more comfortable than any of my other phones, they scale well from unamped Shuffle to my LD MKIV SE tube amp, they’re very agile -almost balletic with oodles of snap, crackle, pop (PRAT) and their extreme clarity makes them thrive on complex modern music. In short I think they stand on their own and aren’t a gateway drug to other Alessandro or Grado phones. If you like classical music, want to be portable or don’t have an amp and don’t want to spend more than $99 including shipping on superb phones then look no further than Alessandro MS1s. When all is said and done, do I believe the MS1s are so good that I'll be able to resist buying MS2s? If my answer is yes, then I don't deserve to be here, right?

Oct 20, 2007 at 12:51 PM Post #1,783 of 3,117
I read your post in the other slot and was impressed with it and in full agreement! But yet strangely embarrassed by it. After all; I did fall for the MS2i.
frown.gif

But Yeah! The MS-1 does do a great job with classical! I do tend to use the HD600 for lots of the larger stuff and especially for Organ music, but the MS-1 is better for this kind of stuff than lots of folks give it credit for. What's fun with it is pipe organ music on smaller instruments where getting in closer where bass hasn't got time or space to develop...or even larger pipes....really is cool!

It's surprising though as to how often I'll pull off the MS2i and put the MS-1 back on for quite a few varieties of music where the particular signature the MS-1 supplies is a better match.

Darned good phones at that!

Oct 20, 2007 at 2:01 PM Post #1,784 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by F107plus5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I read your post in the other slot and was impressed with it and in full agreement! But yet strangely embarrassed by it. After all; I did fall for the MS2i.
frown.gif

But Yeah! The MS-1 does do a great job with classical! I do tend to use the HD600 for lots of the larger stuff and especially for Organ music, but the MS-1 is better for this kind of stuff than lots of folks give it credit for. What's fun with it is pipe organ music on smaller instruments where getting in closer where bass hasn't got time or space to develop...or even larger pipes....really is cool!

It's surprising though as to how often I'll pull off the MS2i and put the MS-1 back on for quite a few varieties of music where the particular signature the MS-1 supplies is a better match.

Darned good phones at that!

Hi F107plus5:

Were you embarrassed by something I said or the way I said it? A chagrined fellow traveller would like to know. All the Best WAE

Users who are viewing this thread

Back