Alessandro Music Series MS1 FAN CLUB!
Jul 7, 2007 at 1:57 PM Post #1,576 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by ricmat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well, in fact you are lucky! I tell this a lot, but for Europe they do take a lot to get here! and then customs, VAT and taxes to pay.. .. ..

it's good they really do sound so good..
smily_headphones1.gif

ricmat, can u give some comparison between sr325i and ms-1, just want to know is it worth to upgrade
thanks

Jul 8, 2007 at 1:45 AM Post #1,577 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bozz_Keren /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ricmat, can u give some comparison between sr325i and ms-1, just want to know is it worth to upgrade
thanks

well, what I can tell you is that they are very different one from the other!

both are great HP, but MS-1 is very very much more laid back! even with moded pads their sound is more neutral (beaware! not neutral as K701! but more neutral)

the SR325 is very active! the highs are very strong and it has stronger lows. the music is very upfront and active

IMO, SR325 are impossible for music like classical or acoustic, they even made me headaches for this! but they are unbeatable for rock! for that they are indeed great! very very good!.

MS-1 is for me great for female voices and acoustical musics! because they sound so natural!

so, this really depends on what you want to hear!

so, if you like the grado sound signature, those maybe worth the upgrading, because they are very good HP (considerning what i said)

however, if you love your MS-1 sound for being more laid back, get MS2, not SR325! otherwise SR325 is a great can

if you dont think this worth the upgrade, you can always go to AKG or Beyer...
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 8, 2007 at 8:21 AM Post #1,578 of 3,117
i've only hear grado sound (sr80) a little while, so i can't compare it to my ms-1, but i like the signature in ms-1, it happens that i listen to almost all kind of music except classical, so i'm thinking maybe sr325i gonna suit my taste, but i don't wanna get dizzy after listening music around 30 min
frown.gif

Jul 8, 2007 at 3:00 PM Post #1,579 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bozz_Keren /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i've only hear grado sound (sr80) a little while, so i can't compare it to my ms-1, but i like the signature in ms-1, it happens that i listen to almost all kind of music except classical, so i'm thinking maybe sr325i gonna suit my taste, but i don't wanna get dizzy after listening music around 30 min
frown.gif

well, that will not necessarily happen! if you think your MS-1 are a bit more recessed that you would like them, if you would like them to be a bit more bright shiny then go for the SR325!

if otherwise, you are happy with your MS1, and only would like a bit more depth or definition, than grab the MS2!

Jul 8, 2007 at 11:09 PM Post #1,581 of 3,117
I think I will order MS-1 tomorrow. I have already owned ms-1 once, but I sold them over a year ago. Now I don’t even remember how they did sound. I just got feeling that I have to get them again. I think that’s a good reason enough
biggrin.gif

Jul 9, 2007 at 2:41 AM Post #1,583 of 3,117
So Ive had my headphones for a couple of days...

I didnt know such frequency response was possible from headphones!! I truly am amazed at the quality and clarity. Its like im listening to my home stereo in my headphones.

Although working in a quite place will be difficult to not crank em. oh well..

Jul 9, 2007 at 3:45 AM Post #1,584 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by gravedggerDMB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So Ive had my headphones for a couple of days...

I didnt know such frequency response was possible from headphones!! I truly am amazed at the quality and clarity. Its like im listening to my home stereo in my headphones.

Although working in a quite place will be difficult to not crank em. oh well..

Yup; the home stereo situation is exactly what lead me to Alessandro in the first place. They are a very close sonic match to my speaker system that I had worked very long and hard to put together. Then we moved into a new house containing a listening room with absolutely terrible sonic characteristics.
mad.gif

That's where the MS-1 came in! Yeah! Just about as good as that full blown speaker system with musical sub!

....but now I have MS2i!......haaar haaar haaaar!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jul 9, 2007 at 3:54 AM Post #1,585 of 3,117
hopefully my MS-1s will come tomorrow or sometime this week at least.

I ordered last Saturday, so 8 days ago, but with the holiday and everything in between.

Jul 9, 2007 at 3:57 AM Post #1,586 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by LepakVT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hopefully my MS-1s will come tomorrow or sometime this week at least.

I ordered last Saturday, so 8 days ago, but with the holiday and everything in between.

Didn't get to talk to your Dad about it huh? Yeah; I know how that is. Really do.

Fingers crossed for you for a delivery tomorrow though!

Jul 9, 2007 at 4:13 AM Post #1,588 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by LepakVT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just never asked him. I figured if I asked him, he probably would have no idea how to check so I just decided I'll wait.

I figured that's probably what's happened. My Dad was pretty good about that sort of thing when he was younger, but not so much when he got older. He was actually pretty bright in his day; he had one of the very first car radios back in the early 20s.

Jul 9, 2007 at 2:04 PM Post #1,589 of 3,117
It is always a good sign you really like a product when you feel the need to buy it again after you have sold it.

Good move.

Jul 9, 2007 at 2:37 PM Post #1,590 of 3,117
This might be a rather strange question, but would someone happen to have a ruler on hand and could measure the diameter of the pads? I'd like to compare that with my current and previous cans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back