Alessandro Music Series MS1 FAN CLUB!
Jul 9, 2007 at 7:42 PM Post #1,592 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by joos /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think I will order MS-1 tomorrow. I have already owned ms-1 once, but I sold them over a year ago. Now I don’t even remember how they did sound. I just got feeling that I have to get them again. I think that’s a good reason enough
biggrin.gif

man, I liked some comments I read here about this, but I just couldnt stop thinking about this:

how could you sell them in the first place???
redface.gif

Jul 9, 2007 at 7:42 PM Post #1,593 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by gravedggerDMB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So Ive had my headphones for a couple of days...

I didnt know such frequency response was possible from headphones!! I truly am amazed at the quality and clarity. Its like im listening to my home stereo in my headphones.

Although working in a quite place will be difficult to not crank em. oh well..

well, you must have a nice stereo to start!!
biggrin.gif

Jul 11, 2007 at 2:54 PM Post #1,594 of 3,117
Had MS-1 for over 2 months now, and I think I finally got the comfort down. My big problem was reversed 414 pads. I think the hole was a bit small, and it formed a mini-bowl which bothered my ears after about 20 - 30 minutes of listening. I was going to make the hole bigger, but it will be a messy cut and the punch I use would not have enough material to cut.

I used the scotch tape mod I read in Kramer's Bass head mod thread. This is exactly what I've been looking for. This flattened the pads out for me and it's at least as comfy as the comfies. This is perfect, as I've always preferred the sound of the reversed 414.

Today will be a good day. Time is already flying. I normally don't bring my MS-1 to work, but I wanted to fix the pads, now I'm loving it even more!
biggrin.gif

Jul 13, 2007 at 8:21 PM Post #1,595 of 3,117
My MS-1 arrived today! These sound great to me even without burn in so far. I put on reversed quarter modded 414 pads right away and they are really comfortable. I also received my iPod line out dock but I can't really use it now because my amp hasn't come in yet so I can't control it's volume.

I'm probably going to go to the store tomorrow to buy a few supplies and follow Kontai69's guide for the leather grado headband mod for some added comfort.

Jul 13, 2007 at 8:28 PM Post #1,596 of 3,117
Great! Glad to hear you finally got them Ok. Twelve days is a little long for delivery, must be something clogging the line or some major gig the Alessandro family had to attend!

Glad to hear they finally got there though! Congratulations!!

Jul 13, 2007 at 11:34 PM Post #1,599 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
12 Days is long? Wow... Seems like the days of 2 month long delivery times at Alessandro are over!!!!

Ok; Ok; ya got me on that one!
tongue.gif

12 days within the 48 contiguous States, that is!
icon10.gif

That's true though; some of the deliveries out of the country were real horror stories at that, weren't they!?

....and yeah; some within too.
frown.gif

Jul 14, 2007 at 2:28 AM Post #1,601 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bozz_Keren /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@F107plus5
i've been wondering, what kind of music that u listen with ms-1 or ms2i
biggrin.gif

Mostly classic rock from the late 50s through the 80s, light Classical, Opera, Folk Music, Country and Western. Mainly stuff that is recorded cleanly.

I'm not a great fan of distortion. I like to study each instrument individually. Jolly fun!
smily_headphones1.gif

For the really intimate recordings I often use the MS-1 since they're more forward than the MS2i which almost has too much soundstage!.

Jul 14, 2007 at 2:51 AM Post #1,602 of 3,117
well we surely have different taste of music, i listen to jazz and rock mostly, but we both agree that alessandro is nice cans, oh it seems i can't take off my ms-1
biggrin.gif

Jul 14, 2007 at 2:54 AM Post #1,603 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bozz_Keren /img/forum/go_quote.gif
it seems i can't take off my ms-1
biggrin.gif

since I've had them today, the only time I actually have taken my ms-1 off was when I left the house for a few hours. When I came home, they were right back on my head.

I'm changing around pads right now. I started right off the bat with reversed 414 pads, but my left ear started to hurt a little, so now I'm trying stock 414 pads. I think I might need to give the headband some more time to adjust to my head too, which might be causing a bit of my minor ear pain.

Jul 14, 2007 at 3:17 AM Post #1,604 of 3,117
I can safely say I love mine. I've even gotten used to the slightly unnatural midrange (in comparison to K-501 only, in isolation it's fine).

The only thing is, I've also got a HD-650 and a Graham Slee Solo on the way, so I feel sorry for my poor little MS-1 when they arrive ... but we'll see, perhaps I'll be stunned, shocked and astonished at just how much value they offer?

Jul 14, 2007 at 3:19 AM Post #1,605 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by LepakVT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
since I've had them today, the only time I actually have taken my ms-1 off was when I left the house for a few hours. When I came home, they were right back on my head.

I'm changing around pads right now. I started right off the bat with reversed 414 pads, but my left ear started to hurt a little, so now I'm trying stock 414 pads. I think I might need to give the headband some more time to adjust to my head too, which might be causing a bit of my minor ear pain.

Actually you have it backwards!
blink.gif
Yeah! With Grados you ask the headband to fit YOU!
icon10.gif

They are intended to be bent to fit! It took me about five tries to get them just right with my MS-1, but now they fit perfectly! Don't try to bend them while holding onto the housings though. The housings may fall off!

I'm having a bit of trouble trying to concentrate on my typing. I'm listening to the "Carpenters" from the 70s on my MS2i and they keep trying to pull me into the music!

I started with the stock comfies first for about a day and then went through the different varieties of modding the 414s over the next three or four days till I ended up with them reversed and that's where they've stayed. I did try the bowls from the MS2i on the MS-1 and felt that they weren't enough better sounding to get another set for the MS-1, so I put the bowls back on the MS2i and the reversed 414s have been on the MS-1 since March of last year.

....Wew! I've had them that long already!
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back