Alessandro Music Series MS1 FAN CLUB!
Jun 8, 2007 at 1:05 PM Post #1,486 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by stefanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Reading all of the comments, I really can't wait till my MS-1 arrived... George already told me that it would take 2-3 weeks. Its already 3 weeks now. I really want to compare it with SR125 with bowls and 414 pads.

I ordered mine on a Monday (Memorial Day) and received them on Thursday of the same week. I was amazed. However, they do go out of stock from time to time and can take a couple of weeks to get in a new supply. Guess I got one of the last batch beore they ran out!

EDIT: @ stefanus: I forgot the obvious question...are you from the USA? If not, international shipments occasionally get caught up at customs or common drop off points if you live in an apartment complex (or similar arrangement). Too bad Alessandro doesn't include tracking with their shipments, but considering it is free I can't complain.

Jun 8, 2007 at 2:19 PM Post #1,487 of 3,117
Hi BigAmish, I'm from Indonesia. I'll check the post office and custom tommorow. I guess i'm already desperate to try it ASAP.

you all are responsible for these kind of sickness...

Jun 8, 2007 at 3:49 PM Post #1,488 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by stefanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I will give a brief review of ms1 vs sr125 after i received it.

I'll sure look into it!

Jun 8, 2007 at 3:59 PM Post #1,489 of 3,117
I ordered them last Thrusday and they made it to Canada, through Customs in 7 days!
So Far I'm impressed, the new wider Head band is more comfortable then my SR80s and the comfies are completely different than the SR60s, more solid, I think these will be my everyday computer phones. I wanted something that was better than my old HD440s, wouldn't need an amp like my HD570s and had a 1/8 plug. And of course wouldn't hurt like my SR80s did.
blink.gif

I'm burning them in today, when I get home they will hae 7+ hrs. of my Nano,I don't know if these will get better with a burn in or not, right out of the box the were beyond my expectations, especially since they are coming out of my Dell Sound Bar. These may be my ultimate gaming/movie Cans and if they get knocked off my computer desk I won't be crying over any damage.
biggrin.gif

Jun 8, 2007 at 11:23 PM Post #1,493 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by daveyostrow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thats what it looked like, is it worth buying new and having to "burn in", or buy them used for a bit less?

well, it depends a lot of your budget, but if you can, at that price tag buy new and burn them with your own music, or at your wishes with xxx noise

Cheers!

Jun 8, 2007 at 11:26 PM Post #1,494 of 3,117
I prefer buy new, also I prefer to "burn in" our own headphone myself. burn in is an important phase for me, so you have to do it right to make your phone sounds best.

Jun 9, 2007 at 1:08 AM Post #1,496 of 3,117
Quote:

sound right... by using the music of my liking?

yes, indeed...

of you stay around enough you will notice that nobody has concret proofs of burn in effect. it's just smt like the halo effect (or placebo effect for some, or smt very very evident for others.) it's indeed a very hot theme always, but if you believe it and you can hear differences,yes:

using your own music

or

pink noise (perceived very good too)

Cheers!

Jun 9, 2007 at 1:19 AM Post #1,498 of 3,117
Quote:

pink noise... il have to do a search on that.
thanks!

you do that!

there are a lot of post in here regarding that!

You're welcome! good luck!
smily_headphones1.gif

Cheers!

Jun 9, 2007 at 1:31 AM Post #1,499 of 3,117
You can always just read up on white, pink and brown noise on Wikipedia and decide for yourself which one seems most likely to have a good influence. I chose to just start playing whatever I felt like from day one, and listen to the headphones while they burn in. After a few days I noticed a difference, but there's no way to tell if it's the cans or my perception changing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back