Alessandro Music Series MS1 FAN CLUB!
Jun 22, 2007 at 2:14 PM Post #1,516 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bozz_Keren /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hi i'm new here, i'm from indonesia too
i'm also interested in ms-1, but i don't know how to order them, can you give me heads up?

This is the only place you can order them from:

http://www.alessandro-products.com/main.html

Free worldwide shipping, by the way!

Quote:

btw how ms-1 sounds compared to SR125? is it much better or just slightly better?

A comparison can be found here. Note that different pads greatly change the sound signature. Personally, I love bowl pads, but others like the HD414s or comfys. MS-1s come with comfys.

Jun 22, 2007 at 3:14 PM Post #1,517 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by BigAmish /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is the only place you can order them from:

http://www.alessandro-products.com/main.html

Free worldwide shipping, by the way!

A comparison can be found here. Note that different pads greatly change the sound signature. Personally, I love bowl pads, but others like the HD414s or comfys. MS-1s come with comfys.

wow thanks, i just got confirmation from my cans supplier, 414 stock is out here..
basshead.gif

Jun 22, 2007 at 5:36 PM Post #1,518 of 3,117
Quote:

hi i'm new here, i'm from indonesia too
i'm also interested in ms-1, but i don't know how to order them, can you give me heads up? already PM u too

btw how ms-1 sounds compared to SR125? is it much better or just slightly better? my taste of music is rock, jazz, sometimes pop or techno, does ms-1 fit this genre?

thanks

Hi !! I think i can help you getting the ms1, pm sent
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 25, 2007 at 9:11 AM Post #1,519 of 3,117
finally got myself ms-1, already tested some songs at my crappy office computer, and it already sound decent, can't wait to get 414 modded
btw is PA2V2 really $60? is it worth to buy really, cause i already got myself some average amp

Jun 25, 2007 at 10:53 AM Post #1,520 of 3,117
Quote:

finally got myself ms-1, already tested some songs at my crappy office computer, and it already sound decent, can't wait to get 414 modded
btw is PA2V2 really $60? is it worth to buy really, cause i already got myself some average amp

I find amping the MS-1 pretty much unneccesary. I've got a good portable source & a home stereo amp & they work perfectly well. However, if your computer has an 'iffy' soundcard you may find that a USB external sound card option (like a TBAAM for ~$30...see my sig link) will make your quality MP3s sound much better from your computer for cheap.

The HD414s are sweet, but if you find yourself craving even more detail, give standard Grado bowls a try!

Jun 25, 2007 at 12:32 PM Post #1,521 of 3,117
my computer use creative audigy soundcard, is it good for ms-1?
i already tried sr80, yeah for couples of minutes i can't stand wear bowl, my ear got pressed again the bowl, it hurts, but after a few minutes i got used to it, yet i still have this uncomfy feels around my ears, maybe i'll tried bowl after i got my 414 pads

btw anyone knows another mod for ms-1, i hear there's basshead, what's that?

Jun 26, 2007 at 3:48 AM Post #1,522 of 3,117
Quote:

stefanus, your conclusions are the same as when I switched from the MS1 to the 225. The MS1 definitely is fuller in the lows.

Yupp that's really makes me wonder... With kramer's basshead bowl pad mods, MS1 is really boomy... without mod, the lows are already nice.

Jun 26, 2007 at 3:54 AM Post #1,523 of 3,117
Hi bozz_keren, you can also post your impressions after you've got your 414 pad. I already tried quarter mod 414, reversed quarter mod, quarter mod comfie and bowl.

My rating for MS-1's pad (best to worst):
1. bowl (BEST)
2. bowl with kramers basshead mod (BEST - but too bassy for few songs)
3. HD414 quarter mod - not reversed
4. HD414 quarter mod - reversed
5. HD414 original
6. comfie quarter mod
7. comfie (WORST)

would like to try HD414 quarter mod unreversed with sock mod.

Jun 26, 2007 at 4:07 AM Post #1,524 of 3,117
Quote:

find amping the MS-1 pretty much unneccesary. I've got a good portable source & a home stereo amp & they work perfectly well. However, if your computer has an 'iffy' soundcard you may find that a USB external sound card option (like a TBAAM for ~$30...see my sig link) will make your quality MP3s sound much better from your computer for cheap.

AGREED!!!

Bozz_keren,
MS-1 is already a better phones without amps, i think low end portable amp (around usd 100) and low end ALO cable (around USD 75) can only upgrade SQ a little bit. Its just not worth it. Better upgrade your phone to MS2i or SR325i (USD 300) that has a real good effect with portable amp and good cable.

Jun 26, 2007 at 6:08 AM Post #1,526 of 3,117
Jun 28, 2007 at 3:50 AM Post #1,527 of 3,117
The only place I found the bowls were at TTVJ for $15. Would you guys mind sharing where you get your bowls? Google search leads me to either more reviews or pad comparisons. Ebay search also leads to nothing. Same thing with Pricegrabber and Bizrate.

Is there an offical product number for these things? Maybe I'm just not searching right.

Thanks in advance.

Jun 28, 2007 at 1:49 PM Post #1,529 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by dissembled /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The only place I found the bowls were at TTVJ for $15. Would you guys mind sharing where you get your bowls? Google search leads me to either more reviews or pad comparisons. Ebay search also leads to nothing. Same thing with Pricegrabber and Bizrate.

Is there an offical product number for these things? Maybe I'm just not searching right.

Thanks in advance.

Don't forget, TTVJ offers a $10 first time buyer coupon which is sent by email after registering on their site. After shipping, I got my bowls for $10. Such a deal!

Jun 28, 2007 at 2:02 PM Post #1,530 of 3,117
So I gave my aunt's Friend my cocobolo and he is making the cups for my ms1 as we speak.

my poor ms1 is sitting there w/o any headband or cups
frown.gif
but I did recable it using starquad and put some cotton sleeving over it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back