Alessandro Music Series MS1 FAN CLUB!
Dec 18, 2006 at 2:24 PM Post #706 of 3,117
I did it !
I could'nt resist and wait any longer !
Now i hope i will receive them during the holiday
icon10.gif

Dec 21, 2006 at 8:37 AM Post #708 of 3,117
I am for sure going to pick up a pair of MS1 in January (stock permitting). I was wondering what ppl thought of the combination of MS1 and Ray Samuels Tomahawk amp?

Would I be silly to get a Tomahawk over a Hornet for the sake of slightly better portability?

Dec 21, 2006 at 8:46 AM Post #709 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by libertine /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am for sure going to pick up a pair of MS1 in January (stock permitting). I was wondering what ppl thought of the combination of MS1 and Ray Samuels Tomahawk amp?

Would I be silly to get a Tomahawk over a Hornet for the sake of slightly better portability?

I think MS-1 would synergy well with an RSA Tomahawk. MS-1 is a sensitive easily driven cans and Tomahawks are designed for sensitive IEMs. Makes sense

Dec 21, 2006 at 2:24 PM Post #710 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by libertine /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I would get the Tomahawk over the Hornet for simply personal reasons.

For really stealthy portability, the black version of the Tomahawk should be called the AGM-129A!!
blink.gif

Dec 22, 2006 at 7:31 AM Post #712 of 3,117
So who's been waiting for their MS1's the longest? I ordered mine two weeks ago and according to my bank account, it still hasn't shipped. It looks like my two week wait so far is nothing compared to some others lately.

Dec 23, 2006 at 11:37 PM Post #714 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by incognitoedleon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So who's been waiting for their MS1's the longest? I ordered mine two weeks ago and according to my bank account, it still hasn't shipped. It looks like my two week wait so far is nothing compared to some others lately.

I'm a day short of having ordered them two weeks ago. I'm going crazy waiting
frown.gif

Dec 24, 2006 at 12:17 AM Post #715 of 3,117
Well that's pretty discouraging. I'm tempted to cancel my order. My family spent a couple days last week trying to order a pair for me as a gift. Several emails and phone messages went unanswered. The last email read something like this (paraphrasing):

"..sent you several emails with no answer and left voicemail since the message says someone will call me back. Haven't heard back either via email or voicemail..."

the answer, again paraphrased here:

"If you need to contact us please feel free to contact us either via email or phone we will get back to you..."!

As I said, not very encouraging. I realize they are probably swamped but this is not very professional.

Dec 24, 2006 at 12:33 AM Post #716 of 3,117
Earlier in the thread, it was mentioned that they were backordered. That's why it's taking forever to ship. I don't really mind the wait since it's just for a seperate audio setup I'm putting together, but I can understand why this is driving some folks nuts.

Dec 24, 2006 at 12:41 AM Post #717 of 3,117
apparently i was one of the lucky few who have gotten to actually speak to alessandro people. at first i was like...uh did i get the right number and almost hung up but the person insisted that i stay on the line to make sure i was calling the right place lol

i called on a sunday... strangely enough

Dec 24, 2006 at 1:10 AM Post #718 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by reivaj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
apparently i was one of the lucky few who have gotten to actually speak to alessandro people. at first i was like...uh did i get the right number and almost hung up but the person insisted that i stay on the line to make sure i was calling the right place lol

i called on a sunday... strangely enough

Yep usually a phone call is what you need to get them moving. Remember that headphones are NOT Alessandro main business. They sell amps for musician full time and have VERY limited staffs.

Dec 24, 2006 at 2:08 AM Post #719 of 3,117
Yeah....I may have to give Alessandro a call myself. Actually; a call to Grado.....maybe....maybe not.

I just took my MS-1s back from the kids.

Ok, ok, what's a better recipe for disaster than letting a bunch of kids aged 5 through 12 use your beloved MS-1s on a computer, when the computer chair is on wheels AND rotates?

They look bad, but no opens and no shorts, and a quick listening test indicates both channels operating OK.

Yup....might have to send the cans in for a new cable. Maybe, maybe not....gotta look at them in the light of a new day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back