Alessandro Music Series MS PRO FAN CLUB!
Jan 12, 2009 at 2:02 PM Post #47 of 220
Well...the MS Pro bass is quite cultivated and "audiohile", that can sound uninvolving with bass-heavy stuff. Wouldn't choose the MS Pro anyway if you listen to stuff like Hiphop or D&B.

Jan 12, 2009 at 3:10 PM Post #48 of 220
Quote:

Originally Posted by wen1979 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
anyone facing problems playing music with heavy bass off this pair of cans?

Are your MS-Pro very bass-heavy?

Jan 17, 2009 at 12:08 AM Post #49 of 220
My english is no good so I will be very brief
tongue.gif
I have these headphones two month.
first week I thought, it's no big deal.
After one month, good but for this money? I dont think so.
now I am very happy and enjoy every song, amazing headphone, great controled bass and very natural presentation. I think and hope it was my last upgrade.
I love them that's all
bigsmile_face.gif

Jan 17, 2009 at 5:41 AM Post #50 of 220
knopi, i totally agree with you. after 1 week of burn-in....the quality coming out of this cans is totally different. now i am loving every inch of it.

Sep 10, 2009 at 10:28 AM Post #52 of 220
I don't know if I like my MS-PROs or not. With some recordings it sounds like your ears are about to bleed, and some others like you have soft airy cotton in your head. They sound somewhat too forward in my opinion. I like the punchy bass, but I also miss the deepest bass. Maybe a more colored headphone would do me better, or if it loosens up a lot after more burn-in.

Mine are not fully burnt in (>100h <200h) and is powered by a also not fully burnt-in RWA Isabellina HPA.

Sep 10, 2009 at 11:38 AM Post #53 of 220
I understand your issues, I felt the same about the stock MS Pro. Why don't you try the MS1K/Ulti mod?

Sep 10, 2009 at 12:23 PM Post #54 of 220
I don't want to mod them that much, and I must wait till everything is burned in + till my new cables arrive.
Feels like there's a resonance in the midrage, some vocals become all to loud at some points.

Bad recordings should sound bad, because else there's something wrong. But they sound just to bad with the ms-pro! Most electric guitars feels like a razor cutting in my eardrum, kinda fun thinking of their origin.

Sep 17, 2009 at 6:42 PM Post #55 of 220
Now after a week of 24/7 burn-in, they sound softer and my ears dosen't feel like bleeding any more. Guitars sounds very distinct, but not razor cutting. The midrange sounded hard, just like it had a bump & resonance. I should have given them more time before I commented their sound. I must have been sick or something, being sick can make anything sound harsh.

I also improved the comfort a lot. I bended the headband so the pressure on the ears are lower. I also found out that my bowls where flat in comparison to a pair of SR-125 i saw in my local shop. So I ordered a pair of the "deeper" Grado bowls (not jumbos, bowls), and the pressure from the plastic protection is much lower. With the flatter bowls, my ears got red and hurt. But with these deeper bowls the ears doesn't hurt or get red.

Nov 7, 2009 at 10:58 AM Post #57 of 220
Don't know their origin, but they sound almost identical as the MS1, maybe slightly more natural mids. I'd say it's a MS1 in high res.

Nov 7, 2009 at 11:55 AM Post #58 of 220
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickchen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't know their origin, but they sound almost identical as the MS1, maybe slightly more natural mids. I'd say it's a MS1 in high res.

worth the +$600or have some wood cups made for the MS1's?

Nov 7, 2009 at 12:41 PM Post #59 of 220
Depends. If you are a very concentrated listener with good ears, the Pro provides a remarkable upgrade. If you are rather the casual listener type (e.g. while doing something else), the MS1 is more than sufficient.

Of course a MS Pro gives you more headfi prestige...
wink.gif

Nov 16, 2009 at 8:06 AM Post #60 of 220
I am a concentrated listener. I liked the MS1's so much I wanted a higher quality wood "version". Reading thru all the threads it looked like the RS2i's would be the closest to the MS1 sound signature.

However I find the RS2i's have a hardness to the upper midrange, don't know if this will go away with breakin or if I should try the MS-Pro's. Do the Pro's have that on the stage closeness that the MS1's have without being hard sounding?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back