Alessandro Music Series MS PRO FAN CLUB!
Jan 22, 2010 at 5:10 PM Post #76 of 220
Quote:

Originally Posted by Henerenry /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ive tried them with jumbo pads, but I have to say, other than the discomfort factore, the bowls have a much better sound.

If you want to use Jumbos, those work only in combination with properly made distancers. That with a nice result though, the Pro becomes a K701 plus Grado genes (sort of).

Feb 6, 2010 at 9:08 PM Post #78 of 220
Quote:

Four 1mm holes are drilled in at the 12, 3, 6, 9 o’clock positions.

ToneDeath, were the 1mm holes drilled through the Prestofelt as well as ABS pipe to leave an unobstructed passage into the inner chamber or were the holes drilled in the ABS pipe and the felt applied over holes?

Thanks to all for this great information.
normal_smile .gif

Aug 2, 2010 at 4:00 PM Post #80 of 220
Sharing mine...

Added liberators (distancers), however, I can't seem to get a liking for the Grado jumbo pads donned on my MS-Pro's. So, in lieu of them, I opted for double stacked bowls wrapped in elastic pleathers, then covered them up with comfy chenille cloth. Same foam depth as with the jumbos but without the treble glare (I'm not comfortable using filter cloths to tame the highs), and they're still supra aural to boot...  

gs1000.gif

Aug 28, 2010 at 9:55 AM Post #83 of 220
Since Alessandro music pro is a great headphone

Are there any headphone amp suggested for music pro to show its potenial?

I am now using alo amphora and graham slee solo to push music pro

Although the combo of them is quite good, I think mpro can be much better

Jan 6, 2011 at 2:38 PM Post #84 of 220
I've heard a few people comment about the MS PRO's not going deep in the bass department.  On my MS PRO's (new thick cable version) the bass goes way down there, far lower then any Grado I've auditioned or owned (SR80, ms2i, SR225, etc...).  Comparing the MS PRO to my ms2i, the ms2i sounds thin with more treble.  The smoothness of bass coming out of the MS PRO's is unlike any headphone I've ever heard.  I'm hopeful for some welcomed improvements when my C-2 and NFB-3 arrive :)

Just my 2c.

Feb 12, 2011 at 5:13 AM Post #85 of 220
Another ms-pro fan here, I bought an old pair on here recently, mine have the older dark wood but with the new font type, and are the thin cabled with square rods. They sound so great I don't think I will ever buy another headphone. The instruments and vocals are the most natural I have heard, and everything is just perfectly balanced in sound. The bass is great, it goes deep, packs slam and is plenty in amount. 
The mids and treble stand out without sounding harsh, just full of detail. And the speed and transparency makes these just so unbeatable for me.

Jun 26, 2011 at 3:50 PM Post #86 of 220
These are my go-to emergency buy if the HP-2 ever dies. I've auditioned a pair at a local meet and it does everything that I like in a headphone without the excessive weight of the HP-1000, PS-1 or MS-2.

There's an interesting recent comparison here on the differences between the RS-1 and the MS-Pro. The English is a little broken and I think people tend to exaggerate the differences between the two headphones, but the MS-Pro sounds like a better alternative to the K701, HD650, DT 880 et al. for classical listening.

I'm not sure why so many people feel the need to modify them before they are burned-in, but different strokes for different folks...

Jun 26, 2011 at 9:47 PM Post #87 of 220

Quote:
I'm not sure why so many people feel the need to modify them before they are burned-in, but different strokes for different folks...

No doubt.  You just don't go hacking into a pair of $699 headphones without going through a proper break-in first.  Not only that, headphones of that level should also be paired up with a few different types of amps to see if the synergy changes in any way.  One might find that another amp is all they need.  I don't think I could move myself into taking apart a pair of MS Pros as eagerly as I could a pair of Grado SR-225i headphones for modifycation purposes.

Jul 4, 2011 at 2:19 PM Post #89 of 220
The tonality and soundscape is 95% identical with the MS1, you get better resolution, and more blackness & speed. When you listen to uncomplex stuff, they are almost indistinguishable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back