Alessandro MS1000 and MS Ultimate - DIY & modding [56K warning]
Sep 11, 2009 at 12:03 PM Post #737 of 2,483
Quote:

Originally Posted by apatN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I still have some materials to build distancers.

x2,

and I suggest RDS gets back into "business" as well if that Jmoneyaudio bullsh*t isn't resolved in the course of the next time.
tongue_smile.gif

Sep 11, 2009 at 4:03 PM Post #738 of 2,483
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickchen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
x2,

and I suggest RDS gets back into "business" as well if that Jmoneyaudio bullsh*t isn't resolved in the course of the next time.
tongue_smile.gif

x2

icon10.gif

Sep 13, 2009 at 10:56 AM Post #739 of 2,483
A new MS1000i has been born! Have been listening to them all weekend and I can honestly say I'm loving the crap out of them! They sure did live up to the hype! Right now, these are definately my favorite pair of headphones. Really amazing this level of fun can be achieved by only investing <€150, I'm stunned. Thanks Head-Fi community!

Will post more findings after listening more extensively.

Sep 13, 2009 at 11:31 AM Post #740 of 2,483
You're ApatN's buddy with the Darths, right?

Sep 13, 2009 at 11:51 AM Post #743 of 2,483
I'm now listening to the mighty Opeth, and that's not too bad either. But you already know that, of course
wink.gif

Existance from Darks Suns is also really amazing
biggrin.gif

Sep 13, 2009 at 12:26 PM Post #744 of 2,483
You might also be interested in this thread.

BTW, I have decided to spend my future "MS1000-less". The MS1000 and the Ulti sound principally too similar to co-exist, and I always grab my Ultis when it goes to critical listening. The PK1 are better indoor portables than the MK1K, at least when it goes to the more "robust" situations like tinkering in the home workshop.

Sep 13, 2009 at 2:17 PM Post #746 of 2,483
I didn't know 'Darks Suns' either. Shame on me... :p

Now, with the MS1000, I can really enjoy and appreciate their music. But the rest of my music collection is also being re-discovered. Couldn't be happier with them
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 14, 2009 at 8:17 PM Post #747 of 2,483
Quote:

Originally Posted by Flipjack /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A new MS1000i has been born!

They really are something! I am glad I could help you with bringing another pair of MS1000 into existence!
They must be a great match with your Meier amp too, aren't they? I still don't like the Alessandro with the Little Dot so I am using my speaker amp's headphone output. I am seriously considering a warm solid-state amp.

Sep 14, 2009 at 9:09 PM Post #748 of 2,483
I like the MS1000 with the Opera. It smoothens things out a bit, but mostly, it makes the deep-bass more notable. I'm also really enjoying the kick-bass of these babies (coming form the slow Beyer-bass). Can't get enough of it.
I find the highs a bit too piercing (on some recordings), so I've EQ'ed the 16KHz a bit down.

As though I really like(d...) my Beyers, these are "Truly the world's finest..."

Sep 15, 2009 at 10:51 AM Post #749 of 2,483
Quote:

Originally Posted by Flipjack /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I find the highs a bit too piercing (on some recordings), so I've EQ'ed the 16KHz a bit down.

Felt, felt, felt...

Sep 15, 2009 at 11:41 AM Post #750 of 2,483
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickchen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Felt, felt, felt...

I haven't tried felt yet, but when I filled the distancers with foam from the comfies, the shrillness remained (especially on the aforementioned Dark Suns album). So I'm listening to most of my music unequalized, but with the one or two albums that torture my eardrums, I equalize the shrillness out.

Unless felt would really help (by just taming the highs and keep everything else intact - the agressiveness, the upper mids), then I would gladly give that a try. But then I'd have to buy some, haven't got anything vaguely resembling felt laying around as far as I know. Do you have any suggestions on what kind of felt I could utilize?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back