Alessandro MS1000 and MS Ultimate - DIY & modding [56K warning]
Aug 26, 2009 at 7:09 PM Post #721 of 2,483
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dinan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I went for the MS1 after calling Grado to talk about the differences between the 1 and the 1i. They claim that only the housing and cable are changed on the i and everything else stays the same. As I am replacing the cable and wanted something more compact, the MS1 seemed like the better choice.

Funny that they told you that when I called to ask if my refurbished 325s had the older drivers or newer "i" drivers, they told me not to worry about it and just enjoy them. I'm actually glad to hear they still use the same driver as it adds value to my refurbished 325s when I post them up for sale.

Aug 26, 2009 at 11:18 PM Post #722 of 2,483
Someone here getting the Grado Magnums? To compare to these?

Aug 26, 2009 at 11:52 PM Post #723 of 2,483
Quote:

Originally Posted by fatman711 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a bunch of distancers that I had made. I want this to be a community project and I'm sure nickchen wanted the same thing.

I have like a bag of them that I will send to someone for free. Whoever wants it must pay for the shipping. Then everyone who wants these can just get them from person "x".

So whoever is interested in supplying these PM me. You need to be reliable so that people who want them can get them.

They don't have the small holes or felt and some of them are slightly taller than the original distancers.

Has anybody taken him up on his offer? I would gladly do it, but currently I'm living in a dorm.

Aug 29, 2009 at 6:14 PM Post #725 of 2,483
Quote:

Originally Posted by fatman711 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the dealer has been chosen and is located in Canada.

Excellent news, considering I am also located in Canada! Can't wait to find out who this mysterious new "dealer" is. I'd love a pair for the MS-1i's that I have on order. Next step: jumbo pads. Thanks for making this happen, fatman711!
biggrin.gif

Sep 3, 2009 at 4:27 PM Post #727 of 2,483
Well, at least we know where he is situated.

canadian-decision-making.gif

Sep 4, 2009 at 1:54 PM Post #729 of 2,483
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zephoku /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How much do distancers from RDS (or the new Canadian guy) cost?

I bought the last pair of RDS distancers (I was told that no more would be made).
frown.gif
I think $35-40 delivered is a fair price.

Sep 10, 2009 at 12:50 PM Post #732 of 2,483
Maybe Jeremy doesn't like this mod and wants to "stall" it.

Stating to give distancers away for free and then becoming silent would be an almost genious move under that premise.
evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back