AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition
Jun 26, 2014 at 12:00 AM Post #3,211 of 3,395
  The AD2000X has remarkably low distortion, lower than any other dynamic, but is highly colored, middy, and a little slow and sloppy compared to the HD800/Q701/etc.

Can't speak for the non-X version.

The AD series aren't advertised as professional headphones.  They are for listening.  HD800/K812 and K7xx are advertised as the best you could ask for in a professional grade headphone.  Far as I know, Audio Technica don't offer any reference class professional headphone.  Just DJ.  HD800 is at an entirely different level of ingenuity than any other dynamic headphone and it's intent very different from that of any AT AD headphone...

Jun 26, 2014 at 1:54 AM Post #3,212 of 3,395
  The AD2000X has remarkably low distortion, lower than any other dynamic, but is highly colored, middy, and a little slow and sloppy compared to the HD800/Q701/etc.

The older AD2000 was regarded was one of the fatest dynamique headphone out there , and even more colored than the actual AD2000X wich is a bit more linear . But i didn't find the AD2000X slow in comparison to a K702 ANV , yes their is more tichkness in the mids section but not to the point of being muddy .

Jun 26, 2014 at 2:00 AM Post #3,213 of 3,395

Lower than any other dynamic ? huh ?

http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/AudioTechnicaATHAD2000X.pdf

bottom left chart

http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/SennheiserHD800.pdf

HD800 for comparison

Jun 26, 2014 at 2:00 AM Post #3,214 of 3,395

The AD series aren't advertised as professional headphones.  They are for listening.  

All headphones are for listening, regardless of what they're "advertised as" :/

Jun 26, 2014 at 2:12 AM Post #3,215 of 3,395
  http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/AudioTechnicaATHAD2000X.pdf

bottom left chart

http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/SennheiserHD800.pdf

HD800 for comparison

i was editing : / , didn't thought that AD2000X distorsions were so low (according to tyll measurements) .

But always had confort issue with AD series :frowning2: , it's why i have an K702 and HD600 now , and not an AD2000(X) :p .

Jul 5, 2014 at 10:40 PM Post #3,219 of 3,395
  I'm thinking of going from Fidelio X1's to these, are they a completely different sound? How's the bass?

the annies should be an eye-opener coming from the X1

Jul 19, 2014 at 11:28 AM Post #3,220 of 3,395
I've just received a reply from spare parts salesman in Australia regarding to buying earpads and here's the reply:

Hi XXXX,

Thank you for your email and supporting AKG. It has been passed onto me to reply.

Your email has been forward to me to respond to.

We have the earpads in stock.

They are not cheap because they are the new technology "gel filled cushions" and NOT the standard foam covered in cloth or leatherette.

You can purchase the earpads from us @ $156.75 per pair including postage and GST. Part no# 5021871.

If you wish to purchase a pair can you please email me your address and credit card for processing? Please also include the 3 digit CV code from the back of the card.

We will only charge the card once the part arrives, but require it in advance, in writing, not verbally over the phone.
If you are concerned about security over the internet, most of our customers split the card and send it in 2 separate emails that are not linked.

We only accept Visa, MasterCard & Bankcard

Regards,

Jesus Christ... I didn't know a pair of earpads will cost that much.

Is there a way to buy it for cheaper price?

Jul 19, 2014 at 5:15 PM Post #3,221 of 3,395
Quote:
If you wish to purchase a pair can you please email me your address and credit card for processing? Please also include the 3 digit CV code from the back of the card.  
We will only charge the card once the part arrives, but require it in advance, in writing, not verbally over the phone.
If you are concerned about security over the internet, most of our customers split the card and send it in 2 separate emails that are not linked.

what's the email you've been receiving this from, scam for sure, usually will give you a bank account number to make a wire transfer, this just looks like someone wants you to pay for his holyday
blink.gif

Jul 20, 2014 at 5:41 AM Post #3,225 of 3,395
  what's the email you've been receiving this from, scam for sure, usually will give you a bank account number to make a wire transfer, this just looks like someone wants you to pay for his holyday
blink.gif

I first contacted official AKG customer service part administrator marlon.gonzalez@harman.com which, he told me to contact their Australian distributor bkirby@audioproducts.com.au (seems like his legit as his listed on AKG international distributor list http://www.akg.com/International+Representatives-1043.html).

And then he forwarded my message to spares@audioproducts.com.au which he/she is responsible for sending me that ridiculous quote.

It seems like their details matches as they are from the same Australian distributor company (Audio Products Groups).

Though that still doesn't explain the outrageous price differences...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back