AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition
Sep 28, 2012 at 12:30 AM Post #31 of 3,395
Quote:
Like I wrote, from what I experienced with Harman Netherlands is nothing but sorrow. I am going to try to visit one of the mega electronica stores up here in Rotterdam soon and see what they have to say. I know they sell AKG, many of their products, but they dont offer demo for every hp's out there, however I have not visit them for a while, so, maybe I will be more lucky this time.

I just sent another e-mail to Harman, lets see what they have to say.

Ok - thanks for looking into that. Price kind of steep though.. maybe very limited supply.

Sep 28, 2012 at 12:34 AM Post #32 of 3,395

This looks sexy as hell. The MSRP of the K702 was also a bit steep back in the day. Fairly certain the price will come down to realistic levels soon-ish.

I'm tempted on getting these for the headband alone. The Q701 is one of my fave headphones.

Sep 28, 2012 at 12:44 AM Post #33 of 3,395
I am not sure how limited these are, cos they seem to be invisible so far. What I think is going to happened, is that the seller from store will contact Harman and ask if he can order them, but buying blindly is not what I am looking for, not for EUR 599. What will be the MSRP in US, USD599?

Also sent an e-mail to these guys, they sell all AKG possible, I believe, but thats in Germany. 

http://www.thomann.de/nl/compinfo_contact.html?sid=b4a93b5b5a9428dd141869d1291064fa

Sep 28, 2012 at 8:59 AM Post #38 of 3,395
No luck with local dealers so far, but next week I may know more. The thomann.de from Germany will find out and let me know. I dont believe these been shipped to any dealer yet, its just to early, I guess.

Sep 28, 2012 at 10:11 AM Post #39 of 3,395
Quote:
This looks sexy as hell. The MSRP of the K702 was also a bit steep back in the day. Fairly certain the price will come down to realistic levels soon-ish.
I'm tempted on getting these for the headband alone. The Q701 is one of my fave headphones.

I don't think they look that special....it looks like another K70x in a different paint job. Granted, it's a nice looking color scheme, but it's still a K702 through and through...it's not like it's aluminum casing or something.  And Stage Blue is an awesome color scheme too!
biggrin.gif

Sep 28, 2012 at 12:32 PM Post #40 of 3,395
Quote:

I don't think they look that special....it looks like another K70x in a different paint job. Granted, it's a nice looking color scheme, but it's still a K702 through and through...it's not like it's aluminum casing or something.  And Stage Blue is an awesome color scheme too!
biggrin.gif

I secretly desire them... oops. I guess it's not a secret anymore
redface.gif

Sep 28, 2012 at 12:55 PM Post #41 of 3,395
I don't think they look that special....it looks like another K70x in a different paint job. Granted, it's a nice looking color scheme, but it's still a K702 through and through...it's not like it's aluminum casing or something.  And Stage Blue is an awesome color scheme too! :D

I'm sold just on being a new color scheme and bumpless design. Don't know what else you want. It IS a K702, not a new headphone.

Sep 28, 2012 at 12:59 PM Post #43 of 3,395
Quote:
I'm sold just on being a new color scheme and bumpless design. Don't know what else you want. It IS a K702, not a new headphone.

Right.  I'm kind of thrilled that my K702 is the one picked for the "limited edition"
redface.gif

I get the bumpless thing.  It's never been a problem for me, but I can understand that.  But the new color scheme, pretty as it is just that, a new color scheme.  I'm not sure why everyone's digging through the planet to locate this version to pay 2x more for it than the normal one just to get it in a new color
rolleyes.gif
  On the other hand, I'm equally happy to see such excitement over K702 again
bigsmile_face.gif

Sep 28, 2012 at 2:33 PM Post #44 of 3,395
Well, just like the old K702, they started out very expensive too. I expect the price to go down to logical levels.

Sep 28, 2012 at 3:01 PM Post #45 of 3,395
Quote:

Right.  I'm kind of thrilled that my K702 is the one picked for the "limited edition"
redface.gif

I get the bumpless thing.  It's never been a problem for me, but I can understand that.  But the new color scheme, pretty as it is just that, a new color scheme.  I'm not sure why everyone's digging through the planet to locate this version to pay 2x more for it than the normal one just to get it in a new color
rolleyes.gif
  On the other hand, I'm equally happy to see such excitement over K702 again
bigsmile_face.gif

Because its clever marketing...

Best off waiting for the original K702's to start popping up on the sales forum, grab a bargain! I miss mine..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back