AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition
Jul 26, 2013 at 12:43 AM Post #2,806 of 3,395
Quote:

Still I don't understand they still continue on with the K702, the K712 is supposed to replace it.

Which adds to the speculation that the K712 might actually be different... assuming that this new K702 comes with the memory pads. Does the K612 come with the new pads?

Jul 26, 2013 at 1:21 AM Post #2,807 of 3,395
Quote:

Which adds to the speculation that the K712 might actually be different... assuming that this new K702 comes with the memory pads. Does the K612 come with the new pads?

No new pads on the K612. Ok, unless black pads are new. They don't use memory foam. I asked AKG this on Facebook and they replied.
They did however tell me that the K712 was awesome and that everyone in the world should buy one.

Oh yeah, K1012 is out soon. ETA 9/3/13. I wasn't supposed to tell anyone.

Jul 26, 2013 at 1:28 AM Post #2,808 of 3,395
Quote:
Quote:

No new pads on the K612. Ok, unless black pads are new. They don't use memory foam. I asked AKG this on Facebook and they replied.
They did however tell me that the K712 was awesome and that everyone in the world should buy one.

Oh yeah, K1012 is out soon. ETA 9/3/13. I wasn't supposed to tell anyone.

I remember a few years ago they lead on everyone by using that page. Anyone that said "K1000 successor!", they replied with, "stay tuned, something big is coming". 

It took a few weeks after the Q701 release for us to realize that's what they meant! 

Jul 26, 2013 at 5:05 AM Post #2,809 of 3,395
Quote:
I just got a pair of the normal K702 and now I know what the fuss is all about.  I like them...

...but, there is some bass missing.

I started to listen to jazz and everything sounded quite good.  I then put some Bob Marley and Buffalo Soldier sounded like it was coming from some old AM radio. 

A while back I remember reading in this thread that the bass on a K702 can improve by switching to the 65th Anniversary pads.  Is it a great improvement (in the bass) or just a little better?   Is it worth it or should I just try a different headphone (I need an open can for home use)?    The sub-bass on the K702 is there, and the quality is excellent...I just need a little more bass for stuff like Bob Marley and rock.    I have the K550s and the bass on that model is perfect...If I can get the bass somewhere in between the K702 and the K550 I would be a happy camper.

So, what do you guys think?

I feel the anniversary bass is similar to that of K550. Anniversaries are like balanced refined K550. I advice you to get the pads. Makes your K702 super versatile cans.

Jul 26, 2013 at 1:08 PM Post #2,810 of 3,395
Quote:
Hmmm... look at this...

Upgraded standard K702 with flat headband?

That's weird...
blink.gif

Jul 26, 2013 at 2:48 PM Post #2,812 of 3,395
I was looking at those newly listed K702's with MLE and pinged him about them since I was confused as hell.  Got this info from the vendor:

"[size=10pt]They are the new version from AKG.[/size]

[size=10pt] [size=10pt]- cobrasonics[/size]"[/size]

... I figured since I wasn't sure about them I'd just buy some X1's, but I think I may just pull the trigger and order these off ebay and maybe provide some feedback just to clear up the confusion behind them.  I'll report back when I have some further findings... and hopefully I don't regret trying them over the X1 or Annies.

Jul 26, 2013 at 3:04 PM Post #2,813 of 3,395
Quote:
I was looking at those newly listed K702's with MLE and pinged him about them since I was confused as hell.  Got this info from the vendor:

"[size=10pt]They are the new version from AKG.[/size]

[size=10pt] [size=10pt]- cobrasonics[/size]"[/size]

... I figured since I wasn't sure about them I'd just buy some X1's, but I think I may just pull the trigger and order these off ebay and maybe provide some feedback just to clear up the confusion behind them.  I'll report back when I have some further findings... and hopefully I don't regret trying them over the X1 or Annies.

That's definitely interesting. Seems like there's a new gen of K702 out then. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back