AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition
Mar 27, 2013 at 5:49 PM Post #2,086 of 3,395
Quote:
So how many people have sold these off now? Seems like only a few people ended up keeping them. 

It's hard to say are you serious or just trolling?

Mar 27, 2013 at 5:57 PM Post #2,087 of 3,395
Quote:

I don't think so... There was quite a hype around and now it's almost gone - and all those previous owners with the most excited views already sold them.

Still waiting for a proper measurement... most probably's going to show up it's just another same K701 with different appearance.

Mar 27, 2013 at 6:21 PM Post #2,088 of 3,395
Quote:
So how many people have sold these off now? Seems like only a few people ended up keeping them. 

No plans on listening to mine ever again. Back to the Q701. I'm a real party pooper. Oh well. Stupid weird preferences.
I'm too addicted to the upper mids and treble of the Q701.

I want to bribe Tyll though and send him my 65th anniversary pads to see if he can measure them with his Q701 (if he even has them).
I think that's the only way we'll see any 65th Anniversary measurements. I was going to email him, but too lazy.

Maybe he could measure my K400 also..I'm sure lots of people would like to see those measurements.

Mar 27, 2013 at 6:25 PM Post #2,089 of 3,395
Quote:

I don't think so... There was quite a hype around and now it's almost gone - and all those previous owners with the most excited views already sold them.

Still waiting for a proper measurement... most probably's going to show up it's just another same K701 with different appearance.

That's how head-fi works:  New headphone = hype = people buy = some people sell, some people keep them.

A couple vocal posters sold them (to other head-fiers), but a lot of people still have them.

A lot of people have already confirmed that it's the pads changing the sound, and apart from that they sound extremely similar to Q701s.

Like I said last time this was asked...

Quote:

There is nothing wrong with the Anniversary.  It may be a bit overhyped, but it's still a great performing headphone, as are the Q701s.

Just because some people are selling them doesn't really mean much.  It is just the way of Head-fi to constantly be buying and selling off headphones.

You also "hear" about it when someone says they're selling them, but you don't hear all the people that keep them - if that makes sense :s

Mar 27, 2013 at 6:28 PM Post #2,090 of 3,395
Just briefly checked the last 5 pages of this thread and from the annie owners (me, audio11a, pervysage, sophonax, mad lust, preroman, sequencer1 and chicolom) only mad lust has sold his headphones (other than some having those defective rattling units). I don't really remember who are the ones with the most excited views, but me and mad lust are definitely part of that group. I have no intentions to sell these and I guess mad likes to juggle cans anyways. In my eyes people are definitely buying more than selling.

Mar 27, 2013 at 6:34 PM Post #2,091 of 3,395
Also he needs to understand that my selling them has absolutely NOTHING to do with the Annie itself. The hype is well deserved, and it's still the only headphone I can say has absolutely no real faults, and the best headphone I've heard in their price range or less.

People don't just sell their headphones because of something negative. In my case, I needed the funds for the LCD2, and I have a bad tendency to be impulsive and buy new things even when the older stuff is perfectly fine.

The Annie is IMHO the best all rounder I have ever heard, and worth their price. Catch my drift?

Mar 27, 2013 at 6:35 PM Post #2,092 of 3,395
Quote:
Just briefly checked the last 5 pages of this thread and from the annie owners (me, audio11a, pervysage, sophonax, mad lust, preroman, sequencer1 and chicolom) only mad lust has sold his headphones (other than some having those defective rattling units). I don't really remember who are the ones with the most excited views, but me and mad lust are definitely part of that group. I have no intentions to sell these and I guess mad likes to juggle cans anyways. In my eyes people are definitely buying more than selling.

I remember two people the most from this thread -  Blackmore and MadLustEnvy... and both sold it. There are others for sure, I really wasn't focused on this topic all the time to name all of them.

Maybe it's my subjective view - but there were words about how these beat LCD-2 and are the best value headphones all-around... But it seems it really is just another slight modification for significantly increased price =/

I still hope for the measurement... If preproman prefers those over K1000, they must be interesting somehow.

Mar 27, 2013 at 6:59 PM Post #2,093 of 3,395
Quote:

I remember two people the most from this thread -  Blackmore and MadLustEnvy... and both sold it. There are others for sure, I really wasn't focused on this topic all the time to name all of them.

Maybe it's my subjective view - but there were words about how these beat LCD-2 and are the best value headphones all-around... But it seems it really is just another slight modification for significantly increased price =/

I still hope for the measurement... If preproman prefers those over K1000, they must be interesting somehow.

Mannnnn..  Ha ha ha why?  

No seriously:  I still have mine.  Don't plan on selling them.  Yes - I like these over the LCD-2.2s.  Not over the LCD-3s..  Being as though I like the HE-500s over the LCD-2.2.  The Annies and the HE-500s are close to my ears.

Mar 27, 2013 at 7:10 PM Post #2,094 of 3,395
Quote:

But are you even interested of these headphones? Isn't the HD800s your end game cans? I speak only for myself, but I have done my share of comparing annies against K702 and K701 + tested Q701s and I always prefer annies. They have the best balance for me + they have the most comfortable pads and headband. I had the chance to get any of these K/Q models and save some money, but I chose the annies because they are in my opinion worth that extra €100. People seem to get weird kicks giving hard time for headphones they don't own or better yet haven't even heard.

Mar 27, 2013 at 7:17 PM Post #2,095 of 3,395
Quote:

This has to be one of the most misused words on head-fi. I asked a simple question.

Quote:

No plans on listening to mine ever again. Back to the Q701. I'm a real party pooper. Oh well. Stupid weird preferences.
I'm too addicted to the upper mids and treble of the Q701.

I want to bribe Tyll though and send him my 65th anniversary pads to see if he can measure them with his Q701 (if he even has them).
I think that's the only way we'll see any 65th Anniversary measurements. I was going to email him, but too lazy.

Maybe he could measure my K400 also..I'm sure lots of people would like to see those measurements.

Tyll loves doing this stuff. Shoot him a message, I'm sure he'd really be curious to see the results. 

Quote:
Also he needs to understand that my selling them has absolutely NOTHING to do with the Annie itself. The hype is well deserved, and it's still the only headphone I can say has absolutely no real faults, and the best headphone I've heard in their price range or less.

People don't just sell their headphones because of something negative. In my case, I needed the funds for the LCD2, and I have a bad tendency to be impulsive and buy new things even when the older stuff is perfectly fine.

The Annie is IMHO the best all rounder I have ever heard, and worth their price. Catch my drift?

But to clarify, did you hear a stock Q701? Everyone seems to have taken my rather basic question, started assuming intentions, and needed to begin defending their precious headphones. All I was wondering is how many people actually kept these after the hype died off. In the end you sold your pair. That's all i was curious about. 

Just like every other new product release a few people buy in due to interest / hype. Sometimes these early adopters present new toy syndrome and get all excited. I was curious how long people ended up hanging on to these. Be around head-fi long enough and you'll see this pattern with every new headphone, earphone, amp, etc. 

Mar 27, 2013 at 7:24 PM Post #2,096 of 3,395
Quote:

But are you even interested of these headphones? Isn't the HD800s your end game cans? I speak only for myself, but I have done my share of comparing annies against K702 and K701 + tested Q701s and I always prefer annies. They have the best balance for me + they have the most comfortable pads and headband. I had the chance to get any of these K/Q models and save some money, but I chose the annies because they are in my opinion worth that extra €100. People seem to get weird kicks giving hard time for headphones they don't own or better yet haven't even heard.

Yes, interested, as mentioned before in this thread (for my girlfriend)... But not without a proper measurement because I can have K701 for 1/3 of their price new :)

Mar 27, 2013 at 7:37 PM Post #2,097 of 3,395
Quote:
I asked a simple question.

Nothing wrong with the question itself. I was referring to the last part you wrote: "Seems like only a few people ended up keeping them".

Mar 27, 2013 at 9:21 PM Post #2,099 of 3,395
Quote:
Just like every other new product release a few people buy in due to interest / hype. Sometimes these early adopters present new toy syndrome and get all excited. I was curious how long people ended up hanging on to these. Be around head-fi long enough and you'll see this pattern with every new headphone, earphone, amp, etc. 

Hehehe, looks like AKG have this new product with "new toy syndrome" since 2006. This thread just proved how AKG fool everybody to loves and to appreciate their sound signature.
k701smile.gif

Mar 27, 2013 at 9:33 PM Post #2,100 of 3,395
Quote:

Hehehe, looks like AKG have this new product with "new toy syndrome" since 2006. This thread just proved how AKG fool everybody to loves and to appreciate their sound signature.
k701smile.gif

I think the K702 of 2013 sounds pretty different than the K702 of 2006. They have changed their drivers over time. Heck, I've got no complaints with them. I've owned probably 7 different pairs at this point, but changing the pads and then charging twice the price seems in poor taste, IMO

Users who are viewing this thread

Back