AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition
Mar 14, 2013 at 11:57 AM Post #1,907 of 3,395
If you want an HD650 with more soundstage, more energy in the treble, and more linearity, try the Annie. If you want something new in planar magnetic, go for the HE500. Honestly, I have a feeling the Annie would hold up well against the HE500.

Mar 14, 2013 at 12:00 PM Post #1,908 of 3,395
Quote:
which is better for female vocal music ?

hd650 or Annies ?

Something Else
redface.gif

Mar 14, 2013 at 12:07 PM Post #1,910 of 3,395
Female Vocales => AD2000(X) i prefered both for this kind of pupose to K702 ANV (to not say in general)  and should be around same price (or a bit more pricey) than a K702 ANV new . HD650 is not my cup of tea .

Mar 14, 2013 at 12:13 PM Post #1,912 of 3,395
That will be cheaper. As for the Annie pads, I think you have to contact the AKG reps directlly. The Annie pads will be like $70.

Though it may have been driver variation, I still felt my Annie was warmer than the Q701 I borrowed and compared, so they weren't EXACTLY the same even with the same pads. YMMV. Still it was like a 2% difference between the Annie vs Q701 w/Annie pads, if anything.

Mar 14, 2013 at 12:30 PM Post #1,913 of 3,395
My pads shipped on Tuesday and not due in until Monday. How lame. The cost is around $75(!!!) with free shipping.
If you want the pads I'd suggest buying them soon. At least they finally have a stock actually inside the USA.
I've waited since the end of January for mine.

It seems that many people rave about a headphone and then turn around and sell it within a few months. This is nothing new and I often do this too (that was years ago). Doesn't mean that they're not as good as they claimed. The real sign of a perfect headphone for me is one that I can listen to for years and not ever get rid of it. In rare cases I've had a headphone for a month and realized there are things about it I didn't like. 90% of the time I will love a headphone immediately and my opinion doesn't change much. I got tired of the DT-880, D2000 and the OLD HD-650 (slightly different sounding) after a month.

I've had the Q701 since October 2011 and the DJ100 earlier than that. K601 would have been the headphone I've owned the longest but I finally traded it away since it got zero use with the Q701 around.

I used to be extremely annoyed by having a ton of headphones but now I don't mind. The HD-650 and Q701 are a perfect pair to have I think. I can't afford anything more expensive than those.

I think I won't be buying any more headphones for at least a good year or two. I'll probably try the Lyr and Bifrost before new headphones. I think I am close to a year without buying any new headphone that costs more than $100. Wow, not bad! Got the K400 on a trade.

If my DJ100 was as comfortable as the Q701 and HD-650 I'd have retired from this addiction years ago
normal_smile .gif

Mar 14, 2013 at 12:33 PM Post #1,914 of 3,395
MLE, I still think you're making a mistake, and that once again you've materialized some reasons to sell what is obviously one of your favorite headphones.  The reasons this time being that the LCD2 has a little better bass, and that the two have some similarities - so you MUST sell the anniversaries, even though you love them.  Your always going to find some similarities in whichever headphones you've got, so you're always going to find some reasons you can use to convince yourself to sell them all off, regardless of which headphone it is and how much you love them.

I still don't understand the logic that says you can't keep two headphones around - even when you've said multiple times that the anniversaries do many things better and you prefer them for many reasons.  I seems so obviously flawed when I say it out loud.
It wouldn't be as big of a deal, IF the anniversaries weren't getting harder and harder to acquire.  But they are, and they will be.

For whatever the next headphone you get, I can see keeping it for a while and then coming up with a couple reasons to sell it, or the LCD2s.  I can also see you later deciding that you miss the Anniversaries and want them again, but you may be unable to find them, and will be kicking yourself for not holding on to them *cough, D7000*

I would advise you to read my previous post again.  I see you went ahead and listed them.  I guess my words have fallen on deaf ears. 
I'm really not trying to sound mean or anything, I'm just trying to have you take a step back and look at the situation and see what appears to me (and several other people) as obviously flawed logic for selling one of your favorite headphones.

Mar 14, 2013 at 12:35 PM Post #1,915 of 3,395
That's what people need to understand, we might sell and get something new, but a good headphone is a good headphone. I'd still put the Annie against the best in the $1000 range, and I'm sure they'd hold up very well. If I was one of those people that liked having multiple headphones with slight differences, I would've owned the Annie, DT880, HD650, Q701, HE-4. Those 4 would be very much similar in strengths and weakness with slight variations. I much rather have just two different sounding cans.

Mar 14, 2013 at 12:38 PM Post #1,916 of 3,395
MLE, I still think you're making a mistake, and that once again you've materialized some reasons to sell what is obviously one of your favorite headphones.  The reasons this time being that the LCD2 has a little better bass, and that the two have some similarities - so you MUST sell the anniversaries, even though you love them.  Your always going to find some similarities in whichever headphones you've got, so you're always going to find some reasons you can use to convince yourself to sell them all off, regardless of which headphone it is and how much you love them.

I still don't understand the logic that says you can't keep two headphones around - even when you've said multiple times that the anniversaries do many things better and you prefer them for many reasons.  I seems so obviously flawed when I say it out loud.
It wouldn't be as big of a deal, IF the anniversaries weren't getting harder and harder to acquire.  But they are, and they will be.

For whatever the next headphone you get, I can see keeping it for a while and then coming up with a couple reasons to sell it, or the LCD2s.  I can also see you later deciding that you miss the Anniversaries and want them again, but you may be unable to find them, and will be kicking yourself for not holding on to them *cough, D7000*

I would advise you to read my previous post again.  I see you went ahead and listed them.  I guess my words have fallen on deaf ears. 
I'm really not trying to sound mean or anything, I'm just trying to have you take a step back and look at the situation and see what appears to me (and several other people) as obviously flawed logic for selling one of your favorite headphones.

I get it man, but despite the shortcomings the LCD2 has, I feel their strengths are more attuned for my preferences overall than the Annie is. Yes, I do feel the Annie has less weaknesses, but the LCD2's strengths are enough to put them ahead for me. It's like say, the M50 vs the Q701. If it was for just music, I would prefer owning the M50, despite their technical inferiority. The M50's sound is more agreeable for music, for me. As much as I enjoy the Q701 for MORE things, I would prefer the M50 if I had to choose just ONE headphone. That's an extreme situation, but still, it gets the point across.

I find myself listening to music more and more, watching more movies, and playing a LOT less. Those things are leaning towards the LCD2.

BECAUSE I feel they're similar enough, I don't see why I'd need to own the Annie with the LCD2 around.

In the case of the D7000, that was just one huge mistake. One I made due to my hate for pleather pads. No other reason. They were my perfect headphone otherwise.

Mar 14, 2013 at 12:41 PM Post #1,917 of 3,395
Quote:

It's definitely up to you and I am really glad you finally decided :) But to me, as a passive observer, you've been the one who was leading this thread, wrote a lot of posts here about how great, brilliant, balanced and worthy those headphones are.

And now we see how you forget them easily because of LCD-2 that are (not only for me, but generally speaking) significantly inferior to HD800 which are (IMHO) MUCH better - better bass, better soundstage, better separation, better imaging, better realism, more neutral FR etc. I understand that the price of LCD-2 in US is lower than HD800 but in Europe, it's the same (HD800 can be actually bought cheaper!). ANV is here about 1/2 of the price (about 60/100, to be accurate) of both HD800 and LCD-2.

So I am a bit confused now to be honest whether the headphone (K702 ANV) is or isn't as great as many said... You are not the only one who bought the headphone, created the hype (which was quite high) and now is selling the phones with almost no regret
smily_headphones1.gif

There is nothing wrong with the Anniversary.  It may be a bit overhyped, but it's still a great performing headphone, as are the Q701s.

Just because some people are selling them doesn't really mean much.  It is just the way of Head-fi to constantly be buying and selling off headphones - and this is especially true for Mad Lust Envy (no offense intended!!).  You also "hear" about it when someone says they're selling them, but you don't hear all the people that keep them - if that makes sense :s

Mar 14, 2013 at 12:42 PM Post #1,918 of 3,395
No offense taken. I'm at around 35 headphones now. That doesn't include the many multiple DT990s (like SIX of them), HE400s, and D7000s, etc.

That being said, the vast majority of those headphones are all stellar in their own ways.

Mar 14, 2013 at 12:42 PM Post #1,919 of 3,395
Quote:
That's what people need to understand, we might sell and get something new, but a good headphone is a good headphone. I'd still put the Annie against the best in the $1000 range, and I'm sure they'd hold up very well. If I was one of those people that liked having multiple headphones with slight differences, I would've owned the Annie, DT880, HD650, Q701, HE-4. Those 4 would be very much similar in strengths and weakness with slight variations. I much rather have just two different sounding cans.

I totally agree , i would have kept all the headphones that passed my home (or almost) , but i have other things that need money ... I just keep the headphone that i prefer for X reason
tongue.gif
, and i will be sad to only use a headphone time to time and let it take dust , prefer that someone take care of it .

And it's easier for me to have only ONE headphone cause it's a pain in ass for me to choose beetween two goods headphones
redface.gif

Mar 14, 2013 at 12:43 PM Post #1,920 of 3,395
And it's easier for meto have only ONE headphone cause it's a pain in ass for me to choose beetween two goods headphones :xf_eek:

This X1000000

This might sound hypocritical, but I find owning two headphones with similar strengths to be a bit unreasonable. Choose one, and get some money for something CLEARLY DIFFERENT.

All this being said, if I could find a pair of last model D7000s with some J$ pads... I'd probably sell off my LCD2 for them. Though I'd have to demo them first to see if my tastes have changed enough that I might no longer want them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back