AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition
Mar 14, 2013 at 9:51 AM Post #1,892 of 3,395
Also, the vegan LCD2 is actually quite more open sounding than the leather LCD2. The leather LCD2 was pretty closed in and congested in comparison. The Vegan actually sounds open. Not as open as the Annie, but still, it's quite an improvement. I just wish it was darker sounding, as that would've made me keep BOTH as they would've been more different than similar to the Annie. I was banking on that, and would've preferred the sound to be just like the leather LCD2. It would have been closed in and congested, but more relaxing and deeper.

Not that the vegan is inferior. I find it superior to the leather. But again, that made them sound more like the Annies, which is why I can't keep both.

Mar 14, 2013 at 9:57 AM Post #1,893 of 3,395
http://www.head-fi.org/t/655458/k702-65th-anniversary

Get them while they're hot.

$400 shipped to USA. $413 if not gifted.

Mar 14, 2013 at 10:29 AM Post #1,895 of 3,395
Don't know what you're implying. Can't find the Annie for less than $500 now. I've owned them for two months and I'm gonna lose about $60 once I ship them out.

I can easily say that I'd pay $500 for them if I ever feel the need to re-buy them in the future when they're rarer, or impossible to find. As far as balanced cans, these do everything right for me.

Mar 14, 2013 at 11:25 AM Post #1,896 of 3,395
Quote:
Don't know what you're implying. Can't find the Annie for less than $500 now. I've owned them for two months and I'm gonna lose about $60 once I ship them out.

I can easily say that I'd pay $500 for them if I ever feel the need to re-buy them in the future when they're rarer, or impossible to find. As far as balanced cans, these do everything right for me.

It's definitely up to you and I am really glad you finally decided :) But to me, as a passive observer, you've been the one who was leading this thread, wrote a lot of posts here about how great, brilliant, balanced and worthy those headphones are.

And now we see how you forget them easily because of LCD-2 that are (not only for me, but generally speaking) significantly inferior to HD800 which are (IMHO) MUCH better - better bass, better soundstage, better separation, better imaging, better realism, more neutral FR etc. I understand that the price of LCD-2 in US is lower than HD800 but in Europe, it's the same (HD800 can be actually bought cheaper!). ANV is here about 1/2 of the price (about 60/100, to be accurate) of both HD800 and LCD-2.

So I am a bit confused now to be honest whether the headphone (K702 ANV) is or isn't as great as many said... You are not the only one who bought the headphone, created the hype (which was quite high) and now is selling the phones with almost no regret
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 14, 2013 at 11:34 AM Post #1,897 of 3,395
Lol, no regret?

Trust me when I say I would rather keep them, and wouldn't be sad if they didn't sell. But the extra money is necessary.

Off my sale thread.

I more or less NEED to sell one of the headphones to pay for my car's fixes.

It was either the LCD2 or the Annie. Both which I absolutely love. It was literally a toss of a coin as to which I would sell. Just because I love a headphone does not mean I have to keep it. I love the HD650, HE400, DT990, as well as many others. Does that justify keeping them all? No. In this case, I SLIGHTLY prefer the LCD2, so it's the one staying. Just because people sell their headphones, doesn't make them any less legitimate. I sold TWO D7000s and TWO HE400s. Both those headphones ARE INCREDIBLE. In the case of the D7000s, that was a huge mistake, but I can't take it back.

The Annie is better in: competitive gaming, comfort, airiness.

The LCD2 is better for: Music, Bass, movies, fun gaming.

You're also comparing a $500 headphone to a $1000 either way, so I know the LCD2 will hold their value.

And I'm pretty sure I'd prefer the Annie over the HD800 because I would prefer the extra warmth, over the more neutral HD800. It's not the case of technicality, but personal preference.

Mar 14, 2013 at 11:40 AM Post #1,899 of 3,395
It's all about buying stuff, never being happy with anything for more than a couple of hours and then selling and buying new stuff. A never ending loop.

True. It's such a pain in the ass, really. The best thing to do is to buy something you're happy with, then LEAVE Head-fi, lol.

In the caseof the LCD2... I only got them because I was able to demo them for free. If it weren't for that, I would have been oblivious, and stuck with the Annies which honestly are like 90% as good to ME overall.

Mar 14, 2013 at 11:43 AM Post #1,901 of 3,395
Hmm... that's a tough one. I think the HD650 has the best vocals outside of the LCD2, and the Annie is a micro percentage behind, if only because the sense of space is bigger, making the vocals less intimate. So I'd say the HD650, just barely. The HD650 is a vocal beast. I still think the Annie is a better headphone overall though.

Mar 14, 2013 at 11:49 AM Post #1,903 of 3,395
Quote:
True. It's such a pain in the ass, really. The best thing to do is to buy something you're happy with, then LEAVE Head-fi, lol.

Yes, this is what I am planning to do... I was doing a research and now I am almost done therefore I will be leaving and focus on music, not audiophile gear.

When you see people here with a super-expensive amp X, being excited like "oh, that's as good as it gets!" and then 2 months later, the amp is already sold because "it simply wasn't good enough to beat device Y (for 2x more money)", you ask yourself if this is the right way. I believe that there is a certain boundary, as with everything, when it is better to stop.

Mar 14, 2013 at 11:52 AM Post #1,905 of 3,395
so if we rank up annies hd650 and he500 it would be He500 Annies and last hd650 ?:p

the thing is i own the hd650 dont know if i should upgrade to annie

I haven't heard the HE500. I would probably try that, as I feel the Annie might be too similar to the HD650 for you, and more of a sidegrade. I find it better, if only because it's more natural sounding, more energetic, and with a bigger soundstage. So despite similarities, i would say the Annie is on the same level as the HD650, just difterent enough than 'better'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back